Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I didn't know there was one, where is it?

Ah you do, either side of the entrance to the vanguard lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ah no. Level all of them to rank 3 first, that way you can buy whatever ya want by swapping faction. After that just pick 1 and level away.

This is what i was thinking,so theres no penalty to doing it this way?

I way behind on the rep on these,had my first character to 40 before i realised they were even a thing:( #embarrassing

EoinHef wrote: »
    This is what i was thinking,so theres no penalty to doing it this way?

I way behind on the rep on these,had my first character to 40 before i realised they were even a thing:( #embarrassing

Don't worry you're not alone on that. Ya want them all at 3 for the options when their gear changes, which my not happen as no new dlc is planned. You can change faction once per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the story with all the whining and bitching on Reddit about SBMM today?

ffs, you'd think it was just introduced yesterday. Place is tough to read these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ffs, you'd think it was just introduced yesterday. Place is tough to read these days.

Bungie.net blew up over it at the weekend - not sure what the catalyst for it was. I know Deej responded to one of the threads looking for some discussion on what the community wants - that fueled a lot of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

• Crucible is a laggy mess! f**k Bungie
    • RNG? f**k Bungie
    • Some guns can kill me in PvP it's unfair! f**k Bungie
    • Smart Loot not Smart enough! f**k Bungie
    • Trials in general! f**k Bungie
    • LFG is a mess!.... screw it, f**k Bungie

It's been 26+ Months, you would think people would have made their peace with stuff or just moved on to other games by now

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Gamers have a massive sense of entitlement these days. Especially the Online crowd.

Tbh sometimes i get involved especially when it comes to how I believe Destiny PVP should have dedicated servers if they want to compete with Dice etc. (even though i know that they are different styles of PVP)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just think it's human nature to get annoyed when dying in an fps. While it's invariably my fault I'm more comfortable blaming someone/thing else.

If it's really getting to them they need to play something else.

This always makes me smile.

pe1KxLP.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I think this video says it all, we've all been there when its a shotgun from around a corner or what seems to be a snipe through a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cimjysf1Eds

It was bound to happen though, as the gloss wears off ROI , the salt starts to return. SBMM and trials just happen to be the main sore points these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I just rarely play PvP, my internet can't really handle it a lot of the time so I'll have stuff happen like I'll stick a grenade on someone, only for it to explode but they take no damage. At least against the in-game enemies that happens a bit less :pac:

Well that was easy,rank 3 now with FWC. All motes of light,not a single shot fired:)

So guess ill have to wait till next week for the last faction. Anywhere i can find out which exotic each faction gives?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well that was easy,rank 3 now with FWC. All motes of light,not a single shot fired:)

So guess ill have to wait till next week for the last faction. Anywhere i can find out which exotic each faction gives?

Just Google dead orbit exotic class item, new monarchy exotic class item etc

Just thinkin about it there,someone said there was a wikia app,might try grab that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just thinkin about it there,someone said there was a wikia app,might try grab that.

Tbh if you have the destiny app you can filter the armoury down to exotic armour etc and you'll find them on that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bungie.net blew up over it at the weekend - not sure what the catalyst for it was. I know Deej responded to one of the threads looking for some discussion on what the community wants - that fueled a lot of it too.

That makes sense. Community manager asks for community input, and people start flinging shit all over the shop.

What's supposed to be the big problem with SBMM anyway like? Everyone lags out sometimes. Switching to a purely connection based method wouldn't even change that for like 95% of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

SBMM is horrible and one of the reasons I barely touch the game now. I've gone into further dept in previous posts but its pointless really, Bungie aren't going to change it. Lag isn't really one of my reasons either.
    Lobby waiting times
    Feeling like you're getting worse all of the time
    Can't try out new weapons
    Can't go near 3v3 without a fireteam
    Coming back after a break from the game is pure punishment as SBMM doesn't know you've not touched it in a month
    Every game requires utter concentration to the point of being tiring, not fun.

The game needs ranked and non-ranked playlists. Competitive matches are great but also very tiring, there's gotta be variety.

FWIW I think the people saying it causes lag have serious rose tinted glasses. Year 1 was far more laggy than anything we've played since.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

AdamD wrote: »

FWIW I think the people saying it causes lag have serious rose tinted glasses. Year 1 was far more laggy than anything we've played since.

Yeah, those first few rotations of IB were teleport central.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Did a run of NF earlier, good old Zhalo served me well. I had to laugh at the end though, we killed the Fallen Priest, so I thought it was grand. Next thing I know the fecking Ogre killed me, I didn't realise he hadn't despawned so after all that dying when the run was over just made me laugh.

Got a 397 sniper and an exotic engram that decrypted to a 394 Invective, so I was fairly happy with the run overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Normally I'm not one to recommend people go to X and Fill in Y.
    The post that this survey derives from is an exception though.
    Something about it just.... spoke to me, and I felt we should all fill it in for the greater good ;)
    I feel like this post might be one who's findings are more interesting that a normal ole boring survey someone does for the craic
    Let's all just do everyone a favour and fill it in and not ask any more about it :P

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScd08r-zYyxCve58TZTcUvURvx2dU4duxaqEEI3WA8d32H1MA/viewform?c=0&w=1

For the Mods, I did get prior permission before posting this as I am aware of the rules. Jonny said this was ok as it's an exception so pls no shoot me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Are there any equal games in crucible where the higher ranked don't have a big advantage ?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are there any equal games in crucible where the higher ranked don't have a big advantage ?

In normal crucible your light level doesn't matter.

Skill based match making should keep you in games vs players around your level.

Might take a few games for the game to work out your level.

Very productive evening there, did 7 strikes, two exotic engrams and two skeleton keys.

Angron wrote: »
    Very productive evening there, did 7 strikes, two exotic engrams and two skeleton keys.

Its all about the skeleton keys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    • Crucible is a laggy mess! f**k Bungie
    • RNG? f**k Bungie
    • Some guns can kill me in PvP it's unfair! f**k Bungie
    • Smart Loot not Smart enough! f**k Bungie
    • Trials in general! f**k Bungie
    • LFG is a mess!.... screw it, f**k Bungie

It's been 26+ Months, you would think people would have made their peace with stuff or just moved on to other games by now

Don't bring your Reddit salt over here to our Utopia!

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Its all about the skeleton keys :D
    If nothing else, they've helped me level up some of my gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Wretched Eye NF is some mare. Tried it twice successful once.
    I'm pretty sure from LL 390-400 exotics don't decrypt higher than your LL. Must have decrypted 20+
    Have the Titan at 399 now so should be plain sailing from here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »

(Didn't see this post last week but I'll respond to it now)
    Destiny does have an inbuilt problem with lag, pretty much everyone feels that having a red bar gives you some unfair advantage.

People also feel that moving to a Connection Based Match Making system would reduce the amount of lag present in regular Crucible.

I've played a fair bit of Destiny PvP over the weekend and have to say it's still pretty bad. There's not as much teleporting going on, but I have noticed a lot of people killing me after I've shot them first, which is purely lag based.
    I've noticed also if there's a fireteam of 4 people and 1 person is a redbar - the entire fireteam appear to be lagging.

Also in fairness, Trials doesn't seem to be as bad as regular PvP (haven't played in the last 2 weeks).

The rest of the post pretty much sums up how I feel about Destiny PvP. Regular Crucible has become a bit too sweaty and less fun alright.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Wretched Eye NF is some mare. Tried it twice successful once.
    I'm pretty sure from LL 390-400 exotics don't decrypt higher than your LL. Must have decrypted 20+
    Have the Titan at 399 now so should be plain sailing from here
    I'm 394, and I decrypted a 395 Dragon's Breath yesterday.

• Advertisement

Finally got the quest for the Thorn, decided I'd attempt to get the crucible kills. After 2 games, I'm 4% done after being constantly killed by people where I've blasted them twice with a shotgun only to have them take no damage and teleport behind me, or sticking void grenades that haven't done anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement