Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Angron wrote:
    Finally got the quest for the Thorn, decided I'd attempt to get the crucible kills. After 2 games, I'm 4% done after being constantly killed by people where I've blasted them twice with a shotgun only to have them take no damage and teleport behind me, or sticking void grenades that haven't done anything.

Sounds about right! 96% to go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Angron wrote: »
    Finally got the quest for the Thorn, decided I'd attempt to get the crucible kills. After 2 games, I'm 4% done after being constantly killed by people where I've blasted them twice with a shotgun only to have them take no damage and teleport behind me, or sticking void grenades that haven't done anything.

Year 1 Thorn quest you could go negative. You'd have it at 63% then wake up with a hangover and be at 16%
    Fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Might be worth doing VoG or Crota's End for a void primary? Also I think that it is mayhem clash this week, so that should help with more grenades.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Might be worth doing VoG or Crota's End for a void primary? Also I think that it is mayhem clash this week, so that should help with more grenades.

Best way of doing it is mayhem with the artifact that gives you extra nades and an armentarium, void shotty and void heavy and go nuts :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Best way of doing it is mayhem with the artifact that gives you extra nades and an armentarium, void shotty and void heavy and go nuts :D
    I don't have the artifact, I do have the armamentarium and was running the void shotgun Stolen Will I think it is. I just wish it wasn't the... 125 kills I think you need?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't have the artifact, I do have the armamentarium and was running the void shotgun Stolen Will I think it is. I just wish it wasn't the... 125 kills I think you need?

1 kill = 1% doesnt it? If so its 100 kills :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I looked it up yesterday it said I needed 125, but maybe that was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Don't think the artifact will stack with the armamentarium. Just keep popping blessing bubbles, people love running into them and BAM shotty to the face :)

Atheon's epilogue auto rifle is void, drops from vog.

syboit wrote: »
    Don't think the artifact will stack with the armamentarium. Just keep popping blessing bubbles, people love running into them and BAM shotty to the face :)

Atheon's epilogue auto rifle is void, drops from vog.

I was using the bubble for that bounty. After a striker crashed through it for the second time switched to striker and relied on the havoc pigeon / truth instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

By the time a AE or WoC dropped from VoG or CE, he'd be long finished the bounty. they are not guarateed drops from the Raid. and having used AE for the bounty myself, yeah it helps, it's good, not great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Void Fusion. Better range than a shotty, just pre charge and your golden. Oh, and Truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    By the time a AE or WoC dropped from VoG or CE, he'd be long finished the bounty. they are not guarateed drops from the Raid. and having used AE for the bounty myself, yeah it helps, it's good, not great

Also, they are ****e in PvP.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

just wait til the bounty drops on your warlock and complete it easily with melees, scatter grenades, axion bolts and nova bombs.

Also, Camp the Heavy with your Bubble, wait till a load of people kill each other with heavies and then go ham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Also, they are ****e in PvP.

deffo crap when I was using it thats for sure, funny enough everyone else was killing me galore with it :)

Starting pre-firing to proc Persistence and Glass Half Full helps, but it's not an AMAZING gun atm. Useable, but you'll lose more 1v1s than you would normally like

I'm moving house soon, and where i'll be living is in the country. I did a rough speed test and got about 3mbs

Can anyone please give me some detailed anecdotal feedback on how you have found playing on 2-3mbs?

FWIW, I'm used to playing on ~8 to ~30 mbs :/

Also, Bungie should introduce connection based matchmaking, I think that now, all of a sudden :D

I played MW2 online on less and it was fine.
    What the experience was like for the people I was playing against is anybody's guess.

I'm moving house soon, and where i'll be living is in the country. I did a rough speed test and got about 3mbs

Can anyone please give me some detailed anecdotal feedback on how you have found playing on 2-3mbs?

Also, Bungie should introduce connection based matchmaking, I think that now, all of a sudden :D

Noob would be the man to tell you how good 3mb is :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think Destiny is a lot more intensive on internet connections than games like MW3. 3mb will likely be a struggle. Your upload speed is more important really, anything below 0.5mb and you're probably ****ed.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I gamed on 3mb for a long time and it was fine, funnily enough though the only game that ever had issues was Destiny. Be prepared for an eternal red bar in fireteams bigger than three and frequent disconnects. It's a lot better now than it was in the first 6 months of the game's life though, I remember things like staying in the tower for more than a minute, playing 6v6 crucible matches or actually taking part in a raid were literally impossible back then.

Your upload speed will probably be around 0.3mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The latency is much more important than the bandwidth. Granted destiny does push more data than most FPS games by a big margin but nothing a 5 down, 0.3/5 up couldn't handle.
    Unfortunately in this country you generally get higher latency in more rural areas. Run a ping test where you are now and compare it to where you will be, that should give you a good impression of what the difference is.

The upload, now baring in mind I only checked in on Wifi and it was using that Ookla Speed test app, was good at 2mbs

Also 1) wasn't using the official provider speed test, and 2) was Wifi and not Ethernet/TP Links

I'm guessing since this is satellite the normal 10 DL to 1 UL ratio is different..... yeah... satellite BB... that's how far out I'll be :D

Really hoping I won't just have a whole year of bad/no Destiny :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Maybe if it's that rural look into Digiwebs LTE package thingy?

Or see if the area is due a Siro/Eir FTTH connection on either website?

180 day pass on this may cover you in time being:

https://store.meteor.ie/mobile-broadband-plans/pay-as-you-go/

The upload, now baring in mind I only checked in on Wifi and it was using that Ookla Speed test app, was good at 2mbs

Also 1) wasn't using the official provider speed test, and 2) was Wifi and not Ethernet/TP Links

I'm guessing since this is satellite the normal 10 DL to 1 UL ratio is different..... yeah... satellite BB... that's how far out I'll be :D

Really hoping I won't just have a whole year of bad/no Destiny :/

Actually Satellite should be slightly better than an eir phone line connection tbh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Actually Satellite should be slightly better than an eir phone line connection tbh man.

Costs a fortune usually and have silly limits like a 60gb download a month... :/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I game regularly with a lad on much the same satellite connecton. You shouldt be ok upload speeds will be better but you won't get very good pings though and will probably be on a red bar and get more disconnects than your used to but you'll still be able to play the game fine. Streaming on twitch probably won't be possible though, at least not to a level where it will be worthwhile.

You looked into imagine LTE? They seem to offer better speeds than your average satellite provider.

He'll be fine as long as he doesn't stray from his jade rabbit comfort zone :)

Ok, cheers for that so far guys. Looks like unfortualey the BB will be necessary evil of moving to that area, but I guess I have to make compromises. Yeah, I'd say I'll give to give up the ole twitch career. I'm sure the massive following will be devastated :(

• Advertisement

Ok, cheers for that so far guys. Looks like unfortualey the BB will be necessary evil of moving to that area, but I guess I have to make compromises. Yeah, I'd say I'll give to give up the ole twitch career. I'm sure the massive following will be devastated :(

Are you 100% thats all thats available to you in that area??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement