Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You get it from the Plagueland bounties in RoI, but after that it's random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Are there any bounties in particular you need to be doing in order to have the Thorn Quest drop... or is it legitimately random?

It randomly drops as you complete Shiro's quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thanks for the advice all. Hopefully things will go ok. Imagine having their own masts does lend some credence to their confident boasts :)

New phone, who dis?
    Looks like they added a space where there shouldn't be one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    New phone, who dis?
    Looks like they added a space where there shouldn't be one

Can't have words over 14 characters

Can't have words over 14 characters

Jaysus thats weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so finally my 399 Titan is dropping 400 engrams. Need boots. 5 engrams in a row decrypted at 400. Need boots. Supercell, LMG, Suros, Chest.... need boots. My hunter gets exotic bootie engram. NEED BOOTS. Dash to tower. Put bootie engram in vault, need fuking boots. Get Titan. Dash to Tower. Get engram. Decrypt.
    I hate life

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so finally my 399 Titan is dropping 400 engrams. Need boots. 5 engrams in a row decrypted at 400. Need boots. Supercell, LMG, Suros, Chest.... need boots. My hunter gets exotic bootie engram. NEED BOOTS. Dash to tower. Put bootie engram in vault, need fuking boots. Get Titan. Dash to Tower. Get engram. Decrypt.
    I hate life

I don't see the problem man, you got boots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

Do you even destiny bro? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,973 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

some horribly super sweaty PvP over the weekend - Friday night was grand as we had a good enough group going, but fook me Saturday and Sunday night were painful.

Played one clash match where a 5 kill streak just towards the end brought me up to a .64 KD for the match! painful!

Did have fun loading into a match with Dude on Sunday on the opposite team - Golden gunned him one, and got him with a randomly thrown hunter tripmine about 20 seconds after I threw it. Oh how I laughed!

• Advertisement

some horribly super sweaty PvP over the weekend - Friday night was grand as we had a good enough group going, but fook me Saturday and Sunday night were painful.

Played one clash match where a 5 kill streak just towards the end brought me up to a .64 KD for the match! painful!

Did have fun loading into a match with Dude on Sunday on the opposite team - Golden gunned him one, and got him with a randomly thrown hunter tripmine about 20 seconds after I threw it. Oh how I laughed!

had something like that on battlefield in rush, doing absolutely awful, running past a crate and noticed a flamethrower kit
    well hello flamey goodness
    the rest of the round was wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Really enjoyed mayhem clash this weekend, though people who snipe in this mode really get on my nerves, but its double sweet getting them with the gally, especially in the twilight gap and crossroad maps.

Any interest in a 3vs3 tourney on PS4 over the december period - give us a bit of time to try get one actually together. Might not be able to get the numbers, obviously. for a 3vs3 tourney I would reckon we need 24 people - 8 teams. Maybe we could do it in a kind league structure with 6 teams (so 18 peeps).

So yeah, any interest? Say December 12th - just for trying to organise something....

I'm interested

Cool - assuming timing is ok I reckon Dude will be in too - he is the one that brought the idea up at the weekend. so we have 3 people. Just another 5 to 7 teams worth to go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cool - assuming timing is ok I reckon Dude will be in too - he is the one that brought the idea up at the weekend. so we have 3 people. Just another 5 to 7 teams worth to go.

Ah we have discussed this a few times, even have our Private PvP thread for it :P

Im game for it no problem, i think petking was aswell and jcd too.

Any interest in a 3vs3 tourney on PS4 over the december period - give us a bit of time to try get one actually together. Might not be able to get the numbers, obviously. for a 3vs3 tourney I would reckon we need 24 people - 8 teams. Maybe we could do it in a kind league structure with 6 teams (so 18 peeps).

So yeah, any interest? Say December 12th - just for trying to organise something....

Yep I'm in but I don't think we have to limit it to 3, maybe 4 aside to change things up but ultimately it will come down to numbers.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep I'm in but I don't think we have to limit it to 3, maybe 4 aside to change things up but ultimately it will come down to numbers.

Yeah - if we can get the numbers for 4 player teams then great - but I reckon enough for 3 player teams will be ambitious!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Yep, I would be up for it.

nevelator wrote: »
    Yep, I would be up for it.

Hey now, thats on the terms that we take you back into the breach Comrade Nevlator :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd be game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Doing that quest for Cayde where you have to kill the taken champions on Earth. Such a pain in the hoop trying to get the middle guy to spawn. Never anyone around that area to have a go at him with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Doing that quest for Cayde where you have to kill the taken champions on Earth. Such a pain in the hoop trying to get the middle guy to spawn. Never anyone around that area to have a go at him with you.

They can be, especially that lad in the rocketyard. Are you in the chat group? If so, throw up a message and someone from the chat may be able to give a hand.

Think it's the Rocket Yard one I have left, nearly killed him last time but I died when he was nearly dead and instead of staying shooting my friend comes to revive me and then he vanishes.

I'll have another crack at him tomorrow, Taken seemed to be bugged too, two times it happened that the third lieutenant never spawned.

The lad in the Rocket Year is harder than some Raid Bosses tbh

You need to find and kill Lieutenants to make another spawn, so if one spawned all the way at the other side, and you don't find and kill him, you're goosed.

Best bet is a Fireteam of 3 and split up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PAKQr7.gif
    Was thinking..... Would there be interest in a random load out raid run at some point. Destiny item manager has an option for applying a completely random load out. Could be a laugh trying to do the raids with a random selection of weapons and armor.
    nevelator wrote: »
    I like the sound of that.

Stick my name in the hat for this. Random loadout for all raids or different one for each?

Yeah - if we can get the numbers for 4 player teams then great - but I reckon enough for 3 player teams will be ambitious!

This fancies my tickle. I'll take 2

The lad in the Rocket Year is harder than some Raid Bosses tbh

You need to find and kill Lieutenants to make another spawn, so if one spawned all the way at the other side, and you don't find and kill him, you're goosed.

Best bet is a Fireteam of 3 and split up
    Ah yeh normally I can hunt em down and make the big guy spawn but twice I went looking for the third lieutenant and they never appeared, didn't pop up on screen either..

That gives me hope so cos we were fairly butchering him up until I died. Another Gjallahorn rocket or two and he would have been done.

Ah yeh normally I can hunt em down and make the big guy spawn but twice I went looking for the third lieutenant and they never appeared, didn't pop up on screen either..

That gives me hope so cos we were fairly butchering him up until I died. Another Gjallahorn rocket or two and he would have been done.

The heavy machine gun from the Kings Fall raid makes bits of him too, if you have a few of the raid weapons youd have him down in no time as they give bonus damage against taken and reload themselves etc :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The heavy machine gun from the Kings Fall raid makes bits of him too, if you have a few of the raid weapons youd have him down in no time as they give bonus damage against taken and reload themselves etc :)
    I have precisely zero raid weapons ha.
    Hence me trying to organise a VoG run for tomorrow, I can probably manage Crota on my lonesome, then onto KF and WotM.

• Advertisement

I have precisely zero raid weapons ha.
    Hence me trying to organise a VoG run for tomorrow, I can probably manage Crota on my lonesome, then onto KF and WotM.

Well Im sure the lads will be good for VoG (If you need numbers just add me in if Im online and sure ther might be time for a quick Kings Fall after :D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement