Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Titan love never left, if you where a true Titan that is.

Hey, im the truest titan around... who else would have 34 titans to play destiny with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We should have a poll to prove Titans are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 45,970 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I tend to go through phases based on which character I am having the most luck with in Crucible.

Void Warlock
    Solar Hunter
    Arc Titan.

I used to go with the Solar Titan and then one day started using the Arc. Got 5 of the enemy on one control point and was sold and grenades although I do like the Solar sticky nades.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I used to go with the Solar Titan and then one day started using the Arc. Got 5 of the enemy on one control point and was sold and grenades although I do like the Solar sticky nades.

Man the incendiary grenades are great fun in PvP too, I really have to start running around titan smashing cos I dont do it enough in PvP haha

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

6 titan grenade kills in about a minute, plus a titan smash double down.

Love my lightning grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I tend to go through phases based on which character I am having the most luck with in Crucible.

Void Warlock
    Solar Hunter
    Arc Titan.

I'm currently using:
    PVP - Arc Hunter // PVE - Void Hunter
    PVP - Solar Titan // PVE - Arc Titan
    PVP - Arc Warlock // PVE - Arc Warlock (What can I say, I'm a fan of Raiden)

I'd seen that video before Mitch it's what prompted me to use the lightning grenades

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yayyyy more Titan Towels.

wonder if anything else will drop from the nexus strike, some speculation on reddit that the ps strike warlock gloves could drop, but really doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Void Warlock
    Solar Hunter
    Arc Titan.

My main switched with each expansion.

Warlock - everything up to and including Wolves.

Hunter - Kingsfall

Titan - Wrath.

Hardly use my Warlock these days and he was my only character for about a year.

In terms of PvP, Space Magic Warlock, Johnny Storm Hunter, Bruce Banner Titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My main switched with each expansion.

The same... Titan up to and including Wolves. Warlock - TTK. Hunter - RoI. Now I'm just floating between them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Some weekly reset details:
    Nightfall is Omnigul with arc and small arms (Zhalo).
    Shaxx's bounty, as before, matches the IB game type - so it's Rift this week.
    Gheleon artifact is a 97% roll (Dis/Str)

awesome got a 400 Supercell last week
    realised from another thread that all my PvP characters are Arc (actually it's this thread)
    Have the Thorn bounty quest though so will be voiding IB this week

Small Arms and Arc burn = Supercell fun.

However, arc burn on Omnigul? NO FECKING THANKS.

Fallen Vandal Snipers.
    Knight Boomers.
    Omnigul.

An arc nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fallen Vandal Snipers.
    Knight Boomers.
    Omnigul.

An arc nightmare.

tfwdv_orig.jpg

Fallen Vandal Snipers.
    Knight Boomers.
    Omnigul.

An arc nightmare.

Haven't done a nightfall in ages but will do this one to see what has changed with Omnigul. What's the worst that can happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I thought that the strikes weren't being updated til the Dawning drops? The new Omnigul with Arc Burn, no thanks.

nevelator wrote: »
    Haven't done a nightfall in ages but will do this one to see what has changed with Omnigul. What's the worst that can happen...
    I thought that the strikes weren't being updated til the Dawning drops? The new Omnigul with Arc Burn, no thanks.

Yeah, no changes till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I was hoping aswell for the new update they would look at the queen's wrath bounties setup. 3k rep for each level with only the chance to earn 1k from her bounties, plus what ever etheric lights you can donate (but no where near 3k in a week)

• Advertisement

Yeah, no changes till next week.

Ah, in that case I'll give it a skip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm up for running Nightfall :pac:

We were chatting about this last night.... Anyone else think omnigul and nexus strikes being redone and released could be precursors to vault and crota coming back in, maybe, April. I think they are prepping a bit of story/lore to back up them coming back.

I think an April re-release of them could be a good way for the live team to give us something between now and destiny 2 without having to create a content drop from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

We were chatting about this last night.... Anyone else think omnigul and nexus strikes being redone and released could be precursors to vault and crota coming back in, maybe, April. I think they are prepping a bit of story/lore to back up them coming back.

I think an April re-release of them could be a good way for the live team to give us something between now and destiny 2 without having to create a content drop from scratch.

Ooooh that would be nice, updated raids that is, not some new lore.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ooooh that would be nice, updated raids that is, not some new lore.

The lore, I think, might be small but baked into the 'new' strikes. The lines around why omnigul and nexus are back might hint towards egy/how the old raids come back. Omnigul, for example, was raising crotas army originally.

New match making settings have been put live by Bungie - more Connection made more of a priority - will be interesting (and scary) to see what the changes mean.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/219219114
    We’ve made a change to the Matchmaking system in an effort to increase match quality. Our specific goal is to reduce the number of matches that begin before they fill up with players. To achieve this, we are expanding the available skill-range for other players earlier and more aggressively. We will also be looking for lower-latency matches for longer than before. Essentially, this puts a stronger bias on connection quality, with less emphasis on skill matching. This may result in slightly longer matchmaking times in some cases. For some of you, this could mean that you’ll be matched with opponents well outside of your skill range. We hope the tradeoff is worth it to improve the Crucible ecosystem in general.
    As always, our work in designing a Crucible experience that serves all players is never finished. Be sure to let us know what you experience out there. Our forum, just like our game, is a constant source of great feedback.

I approve of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Red bars every where, have found the new matchmaking to be even worse than before grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is a new one

Guy had his Golden Gun charged in seconds with no kills or orbs

dafuq?

• Advertisement

This is a new one

Guy had his Golden Gun charged in seconds with no kills or orbs

dafuq?

He might have used that lvl 40 booster. I've
    heard if you use it in a match it gives you a super.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement