Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

don't think I'll be bringing my hunter to a hard raid again for a while. Fooking hell. Started off badly with the jumping, and got no better.

You get to Oryx in the end?

Those infrequent Tethers were more startling than they were useful.

"Where the f**k was that Tether the last 10 runs eh?" :pac:

Silly mistakes on the Warpriest to be fair, which is par for the course with him :o

Eh.... we got to Golgoroth and then people wanted to call it a night.

So I jumped into PvP to give JCD a good ole fashioned ribbing, having exhausted NoCals Pool of Tolerance :p

I think we had some of the biggest sh!t€ talkers ever in that groups tbh, the wipes cause of the stories were worth it :pac:

Side note, me and JCD actually had some pretty tidy games of Skirmish, I haven't played it much since I maxed the Grimore with 100 wins, but it was good doing it as a daily cause there was lots of newbies.... One lad had all green weapons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The Titan and Warlock jumps are easier but once you get the hang of the Hunter jump and you max your agility it is grand.

We finished the Warpriest and had a crack at Golgoroth but it was getting late so we left it there. If you're around tonight we can pick up where we left off.
    Have been gettign filthier looks off herself the last couple of nights so I'm not sure if hunting Oryx will be a good idea tonight. If I do get on it will have to be for Sherpa-Fest, so I think it'll be next week before I have another crack at Oryx.

Don't know why I was having such a prob wih the jumping last night - have done it fine previously with a Hunter a few times. A bad night (even by my low, low standards!)

Have been gettign filthier looks off herself the last couple of nights

Conovars got the Gaze

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cormac... wrote: »
    Conovars got the Gaze

Surely you mean "Mrs Conovar focuses her rage"

I moved the PS4 into the front room for weekends now so I can be playing away while herself is playing Zelda or watching Masterchef.

Last night I tried to define this as "Couple Time"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

don't think I'll be bringing my hunter to a hard raid again for a while. Fooking hell. Started off badly with the jumping, and got no better.

You get to Oryx in the end?

Ahh jaysus man dont sweat it, if we really wanted to get that raid done it would have been done. Too much yapping and craic which is what its all about, plenty of time for serious raiding Conovar.

If raiding again giz a shout and I help you no probs, I just have 2 ORYX cp left so I pretty much free to help out others now.

Sure even the great wondini died ONCE last night.....PMSL!!!!

:pac::pac:

I moved the PS4 into the front room for weekends now so I can be playing away while herself is playing Zelda or watching Masterchef.

Last night I tried to define this as "Couple Time"

I don't think such a move on my part would be met with any sort of 'pleased' outlook from herself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My plans to head out tonight are scuppered, so I can jump in on any sherpa-fest shenanigans if ye need numbers or subs. Fridge is stocked with Carlsberg.... I'll say its for a special occasion like sherpa-fest, but you know, happy Friday Day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

gimli2112 wrote: »
    First the Rail strike is called off & now this! Today's going to be a good day. I'm sick of saying "My Titan's got no f***ing weapon parts"

I've had to hold onto all those ****ty green weapons I get with my hunter just to keep my Titan sticker with weapons parts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey lads,
    I'm not sure what time I'll be on at tonight but if I'm online and ye need any help with Sherpa-Fest / want to get beers and lose in the crucible - I'm your Chimp!

• Advertisement

will be corssing my fingers for ANY 310 helmet (pref two!) from engrams today - will then infuse them in to my tital helm and that should get him up to 310+. on 308, with a 294 helm so a 310 one should push me a good bit, if I can get one.

Got to Oryx hard on both Titan and Warlock, but don't think I'll be able to get him done before reset on either.

Fresh runs on both next week should get me Totems, Warpriest, Golgoroth and sister drops - so 8 chances to get some better armour.

Really need a new helm for the Titan. Have found good level helmets very hard to come across in TTK - have only had 1 legendary helm drop for my hunter at all and little of use for the others.

May also infuse my 310 backup plans into my warlocks 305 raid gloves - should push the gloves to 310, and hopefully the warlock to 310 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The Titan and Warlock jumps are easier but once you get the hang of the Hunter jump and you max your agility it is grand.

We finished the Warpriest and had a crack at Golgoroth but it was getting late and some of us had to go so we left it there. If you're around tonight we can pick up where we left off. Some craic and banter....

Yeah sorry about that last night lads. I lost connection to the servers and it was taking an age to log back in so I just called it a night.

It was only when I went to shut doen my pc that I realised it was downloading an 18gig update for the Witcher 3 which I'm sure was the root of the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Actually - how many people are looking to be Sherpa'd through VoG / CE?
    At this stage there must be more Sherpa's than Sherpee's :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have gotten my light level up a good bit, now level 233 so I am a bit better off in preperation for tonight, i will get an hour on before we do VoG.

I finally got to Oryx in the story mode last night, dam he took me ages to kill right at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

will be corssing my fingers for ANY 310 helmet (pref two!) from engrams today - will then infuse them in to my tital helm and that should get him up to 310+. on 308, with a 294 helm so a 310 one should push me a good bit, if I can get one.

Got to Oryx hard on both Titan and Warlock, but don't think I'll be able to get him done before reset on either.

Fresh runs on both next week should get me Totems, Warpriest, Golgoroth and sister drops - so 8 chances to get some better armour.

Really need a new helm for the Titan. Have found good level helmets very hard to come across in TTK - have only had 1 legendary helm drop for my hunter at all and little of use for the others.

May also infuse my 310 backup plans into my warlocks 305 raid gloves - should push the gloves to 310, and hopefully the warlock to 310 too.
    I've a fairly sh1tty one on my warlock so I bought an encrypted helm off Xur this morning. Decrypted it and it can only be used for a fcuking titan.

Fcuking spunkbucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've a fairly sh1tty one on my warlock so I bought an encrypted helm off Xur this morning. Decrypted it and it can only be used for a fcuking titan.

Fcuking spunkbucket.

Ooff...

I think that happens 1/5 times...

Fcuking spunkbucket.

If it is a higher level than your warlock one you could use it for infusion. That's my plan anyway.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Ooff...

I think that happens 1/5 times...

I won't be doing it again. :mad:
    If it is a higher level than your warlock one you could use it for infusion. That's my plan anyway.
    I dismantled it for the exotic shards because i also bought exotic gauntlets that i plan to infuse. I'm up around 296/297 light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have gotten my light level up a good bit, now level 233 so I am a bit better off in preperation for tonight, i will get an hour on before we do VoG.

I finally got to Oryx in the story mode last night, dam he took me ages to kill right at the end.

You should be able to access the daily mission now and start earning marks. If you throw a message up on PSN later someone will help out.

Then it's the grind to 260 so you can access the heroic strikes which have good drops and will get you up to raid level.

I don't think such a move on my part would be met with any sort of 'pleased' outlook from herself!

Yeah, it's kind of weird when she only hears me talking and not you guys :o

"Why are you on about Amy Schumer?"
    "Whats so funny about the pumpkin?"
    "Can you please shut the f**k up?"

Ah the funny questions the women-folk ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

First hard mode clear last night! Delighted! Thanks to Ger(ry), Merry and the Kerry boyos. I started the raid with my underlevelled Hunter thinking we were doing a normal run. I would have gone in with my Warlock had I known initially. Played it cautiously most of the time. I had decent weapons equipped so I was doing good DPS, but my armour was not good enough at times. Those Acolyte Eyes and platform Knights pack a punch. But I'm glad I wasn't the only one dying. It's a tough boss fight.

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4152447254

Eventually got into a rhythm at Oryx and we got a perfect run. Don't think we missed any bombs and only teleported once. I didn't have too much trouble with the Knights. We used a Titan bubble in the middle and that saved me a few times. Having a safe place to run to after doing the platforms took a lot of pressure off. Got some good loot, but I'm still waiting for a Raid Helmet to drop. Haven't gotten a single helm for any of my characters.

ps. The sound of 4 or 5 ToM blasting away is really nice. I'll have to get back to working on getting mine. Need to start doing the tier 3 Court. Might hit some of you up for help over the weekend. I think it's mini Crota this week.

PetKing wrote: »
    My plans to head out tonight are scuppered, so I can jump in on any sherpa-fest shenanigans if ye need numbers or subs. Fridge is stocked with Carlsberg.... I'll say its for a special occasion like sherpa-fest, but you know, happy Friday Day everyone!
    Hey lads,
    I'm not sure what time I'll be on at tonight but if I'm online and ye need any help with Sherpa-Fest / want to get beers and lose in the crucible - I'm your Chimp!
    Actually - how many people are looking to be Sherpa'd through VoG / CE?
    At this stage there must be more Sherpa's than Sherpee's :pac:

Well ye'll have to form you own team, if we end up with 18+ players on from my original post I'll start shipping the guys I don't like over your ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

thegame983 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry about that last night lads. I lost connection to the servers and it was taking an age to log back in so I just called it a night.

It was only when I went to shut doen my pc that I realised it was downloading an 18gig update for the Witcher 3 which I'm sure was the root of the problem

No bother at all, once we got the Warpriest done I think we were happy enough with that - so ta for jumping in when you did.

Here's the breakdown of Weapons and Armour I promised before

ARMOUR

Class Exotic Type Year 1 or 2
    Hunter Knucklehead Radar Helm 2
    Hunter Mack of the Third Man Helm 2
    Hunter Graviton Forfeit Helm 2
    Hunter Skyburners Annex Helm 2
    Hunter Celestial Nighthawk Helm 2
    Titan Helm of Saint 14 Helm 2
    Titan Empryrean Bellicose Helm 2
    Titan The Taikonaut Helm 2
    Titan Helm of Inmost Light Helm 2
    Titan An Insurmountable Skullfort Helm 2
    Warlock The Stag Helm 2
    Warlock Light Beyond Nemesis Helm 2
    Warlock Obsidian Mind Helm 2
    Warlock Skull of Dire Ahamkara Helm 2
    Hunter Young Ahamkaras Spine Gauntlets 2
    Hunter Don't Touch Me Gauntlets 2
    Hunter Sealed Ahamkaras Grasps Gauntlets 2
    Titan No Backup Plans Gauntlets 2
    Titan Immolation Fists Gauntlets 2
    Titan Ruin Wings Gauntlets 2
    Warlock The Impossible Machines Gauntlets 2
    Warlock Claws of Ahamkara Gauntlets 2
    Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi Chest 2
    Titan Crest of Alpha Lupi Chest 2
    Warlock Voidfang Vestments Chest 2
    Warlock Starfire Protocol Chest 2
    Warlock Alchemist’s Raiment Chest 2
    Warlock Heart of the Praxic Fire Chest 2
    Hunter Achlyophage Symbiote Helm 1
    Hunter ATS/8 Arachnid Helm 1
    Titan The Glasshouse Helm 1
    Titan Eternal Warrior Helm 1
    Warlock Apotheosis Veil Helm 1
    Hunter Khelpis String Gauntlets 1
    Titan ACD/0 Feedback Fence Gauntlets 1
    Warlock Sunbreakers Gauntlets 1
    Warlock Nothing Manacles Gauntlets 1
    Hunter Lucky Raspberry Chest 1
    Titan The Armamentarium Chest 1
    Warlock Purifier Robes Chest 1
    Hunter Bones of Eao Boots 1
    Hunter Radiant Dance Machines Boots 1
    Titan Mk. 44 Stand Asides Boots 1
    Titan Peregrine Greaves Boots 1

WEAPONS

Exotic Type Year 1 or 2
    Telesto Secondary 2
    Invective Secondary 2
    The 4th Horseman Secondary 2
    Hereafter Secondary 2
    Black Spindle Secondary 2
    The Chaperone Secondary 2
    Zhalo Supercell Primary 2
    Suros Regime Primary 2
    Red Death Primary 2
    Hawkmoon Primary 2
    The Last Word Primary 2
    Boolean Gemini Primary 2
    The Jade Rabbit Primary 2
    Touch of Malice Primary 2
    Bad Juju Primary 2
    Monte Carlo Primary 2
    Ace of Spades Primary 2
    Fabian Strategy Primary 2
    Tlaloc Primary 2
    The First Curse Primary 2
    No Time to Explain Primary 2
    Truth Heavy 2
    Thunderlord Heavy 2
    Raze-Lighter Heavy 2
    Dark-Drinker Heavy 2
    Bolt-Caster Heavy 2
    Sleeper Simulant Heavy 2
    Ice Breaker Secondary 1
    Patience and Time Secondary 1
    Pocket Infintity Secondary 1
    Lord of Wolves Secondary 1
    Plan C Secondary 1
    Dregs Promise Secondary 1
    Queenbreakers Bow Secondary 1
    Vex Mythoclast Primary 1
    Nechrochasm Primary 1
    Hard Light Primary 1
    Mida MultiTool Primary 1
    No Land Beyond Primary 1
    Universal Remote Primary 1
    Gjallarhorn Heavy 1
    Super Good Advice Heavy 1
    Dragons Breath Heavy 1

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Yeah, it's kind of weird when she only hears me talking and not you guys :o

"Why are you on about Amy Schumer?"
    "Whats so funny about the pumpkin?"
    "Can you please shut the f**k up?"

Ah the funny questions the women-folk ask :)

Was told this morning I woke the kids by laughing like a maniac last night! No point in trying to explain or blame WondaBoy, Generic and Cal, easier to just shake the head in a disapproving way and move on with breakfast... :o

Just on the above, I have this all in Excel, and colour coded (red = don't have, green = have 310 version) so I can filter and see how many engrams (roughly) I should buy each week and who I should try decode 310 versions on.

For those of you who get as excited by excel tables as I do

L4wsjIc.jpg?1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    You should be able to access the daily mission now and start earning marks. If you throw a message up on PSN later someone will help out.

Then it's the grind to 260 so you can access the heroic strikes which have good drops and will get you up to raid level.

Yeah I done 1 or 2 things more last night and have 25 marks I think it is. I will do a bit of grinding before the lads have to babysit me before the VoG sherpa fest later on :D

babysit me before the VoG sherpa fest later on :D

VoG AND Crotas End Hard Modes

So pace your drinking accordingly :P

Maybe the team captains can post their times up since we'll all be starting at different 30 minute intervals.

SHERPA-FEST!!!

Yeah I done 1 or 2 things more last night and have 25 marks I think it is. I will do a bit of grinding before the lads have to babysit me before the VoG sherpa fest later on :D

Grind a few of the level 230ish strikes, you'll fly up in light.

• Advertisement

VoG AND Crotas End Hard Modes

So pace your drinking accordingly :P

Maybe the team captains can post their times up since we'll all be starting at different 30 minute intervals.

SHERPA-FEST!!!

Ohhhhh Cormac, you know how to treat your dates well :P

I wont be drinking tonight I would imagine but I will be home from work by about 6 and on from there on for the night :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement