Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Used a skeleton key on the new Nexus strike & only got a class item. It's all you get here and on this week's NF apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Used a skeleton key on the new Nexus strike & only got a class item. It's all you get here and on this week's NF apparently.

Same, though it is a nice looking Titan Tea Towel, which covers both front and back bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Strike Scoring is quiet cool. I'm not big on Strikes normally, but it added a new element to them.

SRL is still a blast, but best saved for bursts of 4-6 Races cause after that I can just feel my PS4 L2 button screaming "no more"..... last years SRL banjaxed a controller on me also

I liked the new music on the tracks too. And the Christmas vibe in the tower is pretty cool

The emotes are lame though.

Got my Amandas Tags which lets you open those big chests at the back, basically gave me a Purple Engram, another of the Dawning Treasure Packages and some other thing I forgot

For a free update, I'm having my fun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Strike Scoring is quiet cool. I'm not big on Strikes normally, but it added a new element to them.

SRL is still a blast, but best saved for bursts of 4-6 Races cause after that I can just feel my PS4 L2 button screaming "no more"..... last years SRL banjaxed a controller on me also

I liked the new music on the tracks too. And the Christmas vibe in the tower is pretty cool

The emotes are lame though.

Got my Amandas Tags which lets you open those big chests at the back, basically gave me a Purple Engram, another of the Dawning Treasure Packages and some other thing I forgot

For a free update, I'm having my fun

Strike scoring is actually done very well in fairness, I only done 1 or 2 but I will give them more of a bash from now on.

SRL...... even without going full kit yet Im back rocking the track :D

Anyone do the NF? The boss splash damage is supposed to be pretty bad but seems well doable. Although I won't be able to hide in the cheese spot as it's on a timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Anyone do the NF? The boss splash damage is supposed to be pretty bad but seems well doable. Although I won't be able to hide in the cheese spot as it's on a timer.

Yeah. Nexus is no longer the quickest strike, takes 15-20 mins. Boss splash damage was a pita during the battle.

Yeah did it last night. Positioning is very important. Splash damage is huge, and those fuppin taken vex snipers are practically one shot, like less than a ***hairs breath of life left. It's still a great strike though. No more standing up on the ledge, as once the encounter starts, you get that "Joining Allies" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Is there any substantial in the Dawning update?

I know SRL is back but that isn't enough to bring me back. Are there any new quests or missions?

Yeah, there are some good updates. A few below:

1. New weekly Strike bounties. I believe the NF one is what triggers the Ice Breaker Quest. (but is RNG)
    2. There are now SRL bounties too.
    3. New record book - Some cool gear to get when completing
    4. You can now buy Wormspore fro, the Quartermaster (Good for leveling up Eris)
    5. Xur now sells Exotic shards again
    6. Nexus, Taniks and Omnigul have been updated to Y3 and are Siva infused strikes - Omnigul is particular is very challenging
    7. SRL gear can be infused to 400 - Probably useless but looks great so if vanity is your thing, you will be happy out.

I think the little Omnigol box room in the back is still active, which should make it pretty easy to do unless there's another mechanic added I don't know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I think the little Omnigol box room in the back is still active, which should make it pretty easy to do unless there's another mechanic added I don't know about?

If you stand in there, knights spawn in on top of you.. It's better to keep moving around the map.

• Advertisement

If you stand in there, knights spawn in on top of you.. It's better to keep moving around the map.

Plus, instead of spawning in more witches at each quarter health loss, she disappears until all spawned extras are down, then she comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Plus, instead of spawning in more witches at each quarter health loss, she disappears until all spawned extras are down, then she comes back.

That's prob better anyway, less arcball spamming.

Apparently Rainbow medals have no time limit and you can die. So just kill 3 enemies with Primary, then 3 with secondary, then 3 with heavy and take as long as you need :)

Cashed in one of those new strike bounties you get from the Titan Vanguard and got a 400 chest with 81 Int / 81 Str
    The grind is truly over

Also, to select Siva'd Tanniks, go to normal Tanniks on the Map and Select 320 version, doesn't have a new name (like say, New Phogoth) but the flavour text if you hover over it confirms it's the new one

Apparently Rainbow medals have no time limit and you can die. So just kill 3 enemies with Primary, then 3 with secondary, then 3 with heavy and take as long as you need :)

That's good to know. Busting my balls to get streaks of each within a short time frame

• Registered Users Posts: 45,967 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I thought that might be the case as I was getting rainbow medal completions without ever trying to get the individual ones in quick succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Serbian wrote: »
    Are you sure that the Dawning treasure boxes are only available through Eververse? I bet you'll be able to get at least one per character throughout the event. They mentioned in the release notes that we'll get "gifts" throughout the Dawning, whatever they may be. The trailer shows some lad getting two exotic engrams and 25 strange coins. I'd take that :D

Yup where ever I found that quote was wrong, got a couple of treasure boxes last night through events. Ended up with the new armor from them. (plus the first weekly heroic strike will now give one going forward)

My titan got "helm of lamentation and the 3 lantern horns" helmets last night, also pick up some new piece's of the snowglare set from the Elite bounties. My vault is aching.

Nice to see Petra has daily bounties now for ranking up the queen's rep.

That's good to know. Busting my balls to get streaks of each within a short time frame

post on reddit about going into the nightfall solo and just at the start you can run around there and get the streaks done, as plenty of vex/fallen and sometimes taken spawn. Only problem is is public space so can be 2 or 3 others in there trying the same thing :(

I need to clear my vault out again

• Advertisement

I need to clear my vault out again

I just can't do it, too much of a hoarder. Didn't realise as well the bounty handler has 6 new daily elite ones for the strike playlists. Pretty soon will be looking for more bounty space.

syboit wrote: »
    I just can't do it, too much of a hoarder. Didn't realise as well the bounty handler has 6 new daily elite ones for the strike playlists. Pretty soon will be looking for more bounty space.

I think i'll just bite the bullet and dismantle everything in the vault. If it's in the vault, I haven't used it in god knows how long.

Hold on to VoG and CE weapons, for nostalgic reasons, and exotics, and get rid of everything. Armour included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think i'll just bite the bullet and dismantle everything in the vault. If it's in the vault, I haven't used it in god knows how long.

Hold on to VoG and CE weapons, for nostalgic reasons, and exotics, and get rid of everything. Armour included.

I spent about an hour getting rid of crap from the vault..... only to hoard up the exact amount in new weapons etc from levelling up in 20 minutes of SRL haha

What are the rewards like in SRL?
    Really did it last time for 3oC exotic drops.

Waiting for the limitless vault space patch......

Got a 400 ghost and mark, and blue engrams, and strange coins

Got a 400 ghost and mark, and blue engrams, and strange coins

Armour is dropping, loads of strange coins etc aswell :D

Liar, you done it cos you enjoyed coming in second the whole time to me :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Liar, you done it cos you enjoyed coming in second the whole time to me :P

54488681.jpg

• Advertisement

The drops are pretty insane alright cause it seems to be like SRL drops + Normal Crucible Drops.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement