Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maybe I deleted that quest so - cause I don't have anything active on my toons at the moment. will take a look later.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Just checked - I have that SR-1. Sweet, Now I can lose by less

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jackrussel wrote: »
    Just checked - I have that SR-1. Sweet, Now I can lose by less

May I suggest to anyone thats going to try this out to give it a bash on patrol first, the extra boost takes a little bit to get used to and use efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    May I suggest to anyone thats going to try this out to give it a bash on patrol first, the extra boost takes a little bit to get used to and use efficiently.

You're mixing up Boost and Boost

These are Trick Sparrows, the "Boost" is the increased speed for like 1 second when you go through a Gate

The VoG and CE sparrows had a Boost when you hold down (i think) R2 but overall, due to speeds being capped in SRL (apparently) they are Less effective

It's obviously never explained anywhere as is tradition in Destiny

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You're mixing up Boost and Boost

These are Trick Sparrows, the "Boost" is the increased speed for like 1 second when you go through a Gate

The VoG and CE sparrows had a Boost when you hold down (i think) R2 but overall, due to speeds being capped in SRL (apparently) they are Less effective

It's obviously never explained anywhere as is tradition in Destiny

Ah but Im not on about the "Trick" boost, im on about the boost from using L2, you can use it really sly in taking corners at full boost etc by releasing and hammering back on the button. Most sparrows will run out of the boost after a turn/gate or two where as this one lasts longer and you can double boost by using the boost just before you hit a gate to get more distance ;)

• Advertisement

maybe I deleted that quest so - cause I don't have anything active on my toons at the moment. will take a look later.

Maybe you finished it and deleted the sparrow, check the sparrow kiosk and the abandoned quest kiosk
    Ah but Im not on about the "Trick" boost, im on about the boost from using L2, you can use it really sly in taking corners at full boost etc by releasing and hammering back on the button. Most sparrows will run out of the boost after a turn/gate or two where as this one lasts longer and you can double boost by using the boost just before you hit a gate to get more distance ;)

Am I right in saying that those sparrows don't have the "Shimmy/Nudge" using L3 or R3 though? :confused:

nah, definitely didn't do the shield brothers strike in a timelimit run, so haven't completed the quest.

Am I right in saying that those sparrows don't have the "Shimmy/Nudge" using L3 or R3 though? :confused:

Im not sure dude, Ill have a look later but I dont use the nudge at all :D

Im not sure dude, Ill have a look later but I dont use the nudge at all :D

Nudge is game changing for banking and hitting gates you nearly miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Helped me through some fairly tight races countless times

If you nearly miss gates then your not doing it right, I've never used nudge before and won a shed load so I dont mind :D

If you nearly miss gates then your not doing it right, I've never used nudge before and won a shed load so I dont mind :D

I didn't want to have to do this Jonny But here's both our stats :P

Mine

Rrh9gyQ.jpg

Yours

mhtecDx.jpg

Case closed!

Trick sparrows with Nudge are best..... well that and I am a full circuit kit w**ker so I have all those sweet perks :P

where do you see those stats? Would like to compare mine.

http://guardian.gg/en

There's a Tab up top for SRL (next to PvP and PvE), they are new I believe

I member being "Gold" in Season 1 in 2015 but it seems they have changed how they present the info on the site now and that Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze rating is gone now and it's just your Rank

403987.png

Should SBMM really be a thing in SRL?

Wins are difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Enjoyed playing the raid last night,a few of the lads were babysitting me through it.

From not having even seen a raid to trying to get through one on hard mode was a bit of a baptism of fire!

We didnt quite get there in the end but feel i learned a good bit. And of course the loot was nice,went from 394 to 396 in the one raid

I didn't think I did 20 races last night...

Still better than Johnny No Nudge though :P

EoinHef wrote: »
    Enjoyed playing the raid last night,a few of the lads were babysitting me through it.

From not having even seen a raid to trying to get through one on hard mode was a bit of a baptism of fire!

We didnt quite get there in the end but feel i learned a good bit. And of course the loot was nice,went from 394 to 396 in the one raid

Having the actual drops from the Raid (armour, weapons etc) makes teh Raid a LOT easier.

Personally I would have suggested doing Normal Mode 1st for the Drops and the overall experience of the mechanics but cest la vie, I wasn't online, was playing Civ 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Having the actual drops from the Raid (armour, weapons etc) makes teh Raid a LOT easier.

Personally I would have suggested doing Normal Mode 1st for the Drops and the overall experience of the mechanics but cest la vie, I wasn't online, was playing Civ 6

I did think that myself but was happy enough to do whatever the lads were doing.

Was late when we finished up so didnt really have a chance to go through the gear i got. I did get Telesto though and im liking fusion rifles atm so happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Telesto's quite a unique fusion. Pretty fun when levelled up

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

<snip>

Case closed!

Trick sparrows with Nudge are best..... well that and I am a full circuit kit w**ker so I have all those sweet perks :P

Oh no he didn't....I think that there is an emote for this now :D

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I didn't think I did 20 races last night...

Still better than Johnny No Nudge though :P

Wait until I actually do some decent season 2 SRL, gimli will tell you how good I was in season 1 of SRL sure he's still cursing me over it :P

Mine

Rrh9gyQ.jpg

Yours

mhtecDx.jpg

Case closed!

I have had 3 races in season 2 man...... give me at least a full sitting before comparing but I am alot better in SRL than I am in anything else in Destiny :P If you really want to compare ill go full kit wan**r later and run at least 10 and then we see which one fares out better :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wait until I actually do some decent season 2 SRL, gimli will tell you how good I was in season 1 of SRL sure he's still cursing me over it :P

In fairness I've never hid the fact I'm bad and that's even not taking into account I was probably drunk - it was the holiday season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The Telesto's quite a unique fusion. Pretty fun when levelled up

Super helpful when I did the Thorn bounty. Good fun to use in void burn scenarios too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

It's ok jonny, they all just

MotherfKing-Peanut-butter-and-jealous-meme-20834.jpg

Baptism of fire is the only way man :D not much difference between the 2 really apart from when your dead your dead haha

Reek of desperation there :P

Tell them how good I was guys, tell them. Go on, tell them..

Guys?

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    In fairness I've never hid the fact I'm bad and that's even not taking into account I was probably drunk - it was the holiday season. a day ending in "Y"

FTFY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement