Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thankfully the dawning is more than just a weekend event,this weekend is blown for me regarding getting a decent session in so least ive plenty of time to work on it over the christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm participating in a Charity Stream at 8pm-10pm with some other Destiny people including Cozmo from Bungie if anyone wants to tune in

You will be able to watch here:

https://www.tiltify.com/events/destiny-sherpa-christmas-charity-marathon

I made a Table in Excel, as I am want to do.

I feel, gameplay wise, I did our small corner of the world proud

And to the ~10 of those from the Boards clan who tuned in an donated to the Charity etc, thank you from everyone involved :)

PLAYER KILLS DEATHS ASSISTS K/D K/D/A WINS LOSSES W/L RATIO
    Cozmo_BNG 218 116 55 1.88 2.35 5 4 55.6%
    GenericDreadHead 198 161 79 1.23 1.72 6 3 66.7%
    Gil-Snake 159 166 45 0.96 1.23 4 5 44.4%
    Winy0808 152 159 67 0.96 1.38 2 7 22.2%
    Yer_Assassinator 112 125 50 0.90 1.30 4 5 44.4%
    UNCFAN14027 129 148 107 0.87 1.59 7 2 77.8%
    oXBoxTurnOffo 131 173 53 0.76 1.06 5 4 55.6%
    FetishBDSM 68 120 43 0.57 0.93 3 6 33.3%

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Was watching that charity stream yesterday. RisingKratos was the host then I think. Was doing trials carries for his segment. & for every dollar donated, he was doing a push up. Got about 700$. He'd do 10/20/30, whatever he could during the MM bits. He was fecked, was hilarious

I made a Table in Excel, as I am want to do.

I feel, gameplay wise, I did our small corner of the world proud

And to the ~10 of those from the Boards clan who tuned in an donated to the Charity etc, thank you from everyone involved :)

Video link thingy is here btw

https://www.twitch.tv/sherpamarathon/v/108107226

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Does the SRL class item drop post game or is it a rank drop? Desperately want the hunter class item.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Does the SRL class item drop post game or is it a rank drop? Desperately want the hunter class item.

Post Game. Got a 400 one for the Titan

Really hate the match making in destiny now. 90% of games I'm put into my team is losing by 7 or 8k and I'm struggling to get kills at all. Painfully frustrating. Might be time to give up playing, solo anyway. Just can't play matches with any enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Same here. The struggle I had getting 3 revives in Skirmish last night soured me big time. Either getting placed into matches too late or being matched with people who don't wait for revives. I'd take red bars over that crap any day.

The worst / funny thing is I don't see any improvement in other people's connections. There is always still a few red bars in every match

On top of that 3 rubbish imago loop drops. SCREW YOU GAME!

• Advertisement

Immediately after my pvp post I hit a 19 kill, 9 assist, 4 capture, 2.71KD match. Lost by over 2k but at least I wasn't getting dumped on!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've had much better pvp games than usual over the last 35 or so since it went to connection based matchmaking although haven't seen any improvement with the connection, if anything it's worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So to spite myself and my chat of self fulfilling prophecies, I'm currently enjoying pretty much my longest break from Destiny bar the odd hour here or there. From what I've seen the Zavala bounties seem to drop Icebreaker, and I assume that's a weekly 1 in 3 chance? The solar and void Thunderlord exotics are tied to the pressies from what I understand. Can I get these after the dawning finishes as regular RNG drops or what? I haven't touched any of the strike aspect t of the record book.

Doubles is back this week

Also, there's a hidden Sparrow tied to the Dawning and has a Grimore Card

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-16-destiny-hidden-sparrow-lysanders-cry-location-how-to-find-the-for-one-who-stood-at-bannerfall-ghost-4677

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

NF This week is Sepiks Perfected with the following modifiers:
    Epic
    Beserk
    Small Arms
    Shield Match (yikes)
    Airborn

Has anyone run it yet? I'm guessing the part with the 3 enemy waves while waiting for the laser gate to be come down will be a NIGHTMARE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

NF This week is Sepiks Perfected with the following modifiers:
    Epic
    Beserk
    Small Arms
    Shield Match (yikes)
    Airborn

Has anyone run it yet? I'm guessing the part with the 3 enemy waves while waiting for the laser gate to be come down will be a NIGHTMARE!

Shouldn't be too bad. Match Game is only really a problem when paired with Ironclad, which is how all NFs were in Year 1 when we had the benefit of elemental primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Just sit back, down the tunnel, with a scout.

... While jumping, to get that airborn extra DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you'd be better the three of you camping behind the container, with the laser door on your right, the tunnel has all that red respawnable cr*p, which would get annoying fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You'd all be better just killing things instead of worrying where :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Finally finished out my titan queen's guard armor set. Its not too bad looking either, not sure if its bad rng or what but every piece I've got has something to do with sidearms (even the duplicate parts I picked up along the way). Sidearm loader on gloves, carry extra sidearm ammo on chest & boots. The daily bounties for Petra has really helped this along.

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Finally finished out my titan queen's guard armor set. Its not too bad looking either, not sure if its bad rng or what but every piece I've got has something to do with sidearms (even the duplicate parts I picked up along the way). Sidearm loader on gloves, carry extra sidearm ammo on chest & boots. The daily bounties for Petra has really helped this along.

4727457.jpg

Fcuk rainbow medals....

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fcuk rainbow medals....

Really? I found them easier to get than I originally thought. There is no time constraints on them, only that you can't die. Just take your time and work methodically through the three weapon type kills. They don't have to be in a particular order either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

EoinHef wrote: »
    Fcuk rainbow medals....

Best thing about the new medals is jumping into a pile of baddies, whip out your Dark Drinker and watch the screen light up. Especially when it's Taken and they all pile into a Vandal bubble. Swing!!!!

Ive got the medals for the book but there also in the bounties,ive been using a scout,fusion and sleeper simulant lately as i like the single target damage and it got annoying getting them with that loadout. I could have changed loadout and probably should have but didnt.

I got Xurs tag this morning though so no more grinding the dawning for me.

Also i may have been slightly more irritable than usual this morning,salt for breakfast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tried this out earlier, minus the Claws of Ahamkara, and had great fun high five exploding things. Orbs everywhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5krwyl/want_a_fun_heroic_strikes_warlock_build_try_the/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my lootcate gaming box today, came with a Titan mark scarf; there was 3 possible sadly I didn't get the Hunter one.

Varik wrote: »
    Got my lootcate gaming box today, came with a Titan mark scarf; there was 3 possible sadly I didn't get the Hunter one.

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I cancelled my sub in November. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ooooohhhh I should be getting mine soon. Come on hunter scarf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

xmas card from bungie arrived today, I guess its the thought that counts.

wouldn't of minded a scarf myself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement