Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Excuse you Mr Important on Bungos Crimbo Card list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I cancelled my sub in November. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wouldn't blame you, that Dragon age figure was ugly as sin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

In the last month I got feck all done on destiny :( altho I done the grind yesterday and got my Xur's tag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    In the last month I got feck all done on destiny altho I done the grind yesterday and got my Xur's tag

I'm genuinely struggling to sit down and turn the PS4 on. I've all but given up on getting through the book for the Dawning. Have an aversion to strikes I can't get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm genuinely struggling to sit down and turn the PS4 on. I've all but given up on getting through the book for the Dawning. Have an aversion to strikes I can't get over.

But the book is primary school level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

December was a bad month for me with the PS4 :( but I got there in the end :P
    But the book is primary school level.

The book can be a pain in the hole tho, mine isnt counting any of my weekly vanguard bounties!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    December was a bad month for me with the PS4 :( but I got there in the end :P

The book can be a pain in the hole tho, mine isnt counting any of my weekly vanguard bounties!!!

The weekly bounties don't and never did count for it. it is the strike specific bounties available from the bounty bot that progresses that book node.

The weekly bounties don't and never did count for it. it is the strike specific bounties available from the bounty bot that progresses that book node.

Well whichever bounties it is, it doesnt actually count on my book, I thought it was vanguard weekly but I should have said Elite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I took a break from the destiny and the PS4 over Christmas. I just did the 3 nightfalls (was proper drunk - but managed to hold it together and got a shiny ice-breaker) and a few races/strikes for the weekly rewards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Think all I have left on the book are the nightfall and 50 super medals entries. Have about 20 super medals so far.

Also took me til I was most of the way through the other entries to realise I didn't have to do the Heroic strikes for everything. The normal counted too. Handy for some of the trickier bounties I found.

• Advertisement

Planet destiny vs destiny community podcast pvp being set up some amusing banter between them on twitter. Have to imagine it will be part of the guardian con charity drive this year. Got to put my money on bones and fallout!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Finally made the move from the default button layout last night - decided to go with Bumper. I can see how it's handy but it will take time to get used to. Did 3 nightfalls, fell off the map a few times when trying to jump and also wasted most of my supers. I'd go to jump over an enemy and just pop radiance. I did get better as the night wore on.
    Played one game of crucible and what I noticed was the amount of times I happen to press R3 in gunfights. I would fire a few bullets, melee, more bullets, melee. I guess I was getting away with it before as R3 is highlight in the default layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I always go with the layout that maps R3 to crouch (puppeteer on Destiny). This is from my COD days. If a game doesn't allow this it drives me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonder why they banned Queenbreakers Bow.

There is a fair amount of uproar over that article - cause all ESL have actually done is copy and paste the rules the community has already set - I think it was FarCog and Fallout_Plays were the ones to write them down; yet the article would have you think ESL worked this out on their own and have brought a shiney new dawn to the Destiny Community. Their response to people pointing this out is that their version of the word 'create' doesn't mean ESP created the rules.... lols.

Hawkmoon cause of luck in the chamber perks. No gun with Luck in the Chamber is allowed; reason being it adds RNG to a gun fight.

Queensbreakerbow because it is a one hit kill sniper rifle, with the highest aim assist and WAY WAY WAY more ammo than any other sniper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Queensbreakers bow is a dumb ban lol. Nobody would use it anyway. The Destiny competitive community was so insular that one guy was probably annoyed and got it banned.

Personally think no exotic armour isn't necessary. The rest is fine.

AdamD wrote: »
    Queensbreakers bow is a dumb ban lol. Nobody would use it anyway. The Destiny competitive community was so insular that one guy was probably annoyed and got it banned.

Personally think no exotic armour isn't necessary. The rest is fine.

It is a niche enough gun, but I can understand the reasoning. It was also likely banned when Shotguns weren't really used and Snipers were well on top of the special meta, with it being a sniper with practically unlimited ammo.

I agree on the armor stuff - i think a lot of the bans in the 'sweats' community take away what Destiny is as a game; but their intention has been to create a more even playing field without a meta of one armor set/perk set rising to near total usage.

We jumped into some normal crucible last night after the comp match - had a great time.

Played one game of clash and got beat, but it was a fairly close match, I don't think we were ever holding a decent lead of any sort though.

Moved to control after that - beat one team on Widows Court 20k to 7k. Got messaged after it, but it wasn't a hate message. Think we won by a decent amount on Dungeons too but I can't really remember that one.

Finished up on Firebase and had a GREAT match. We lost by like 2000 points or something but it was a great match. The other team were EVERYWHERE - its was like playing in Aliens! Dude went absolutely ham on them with a 26kill match and a high KD, I was keeping up with him for two thirds of it but he just went berserk. Was one of those games (for me anyway) where I was getting a good few kills for my deaths and there was no camping from either side, was constant pushing and gunning. Was great fun.

And I love my Finallas Peril with Icarus. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's the deal with Icarus? Improves accuracy while in the air. Doesn't seem like much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,712 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jumping around makes you difficult to hit and hand cannons with Icarus have practically perfect accuracy in the air. You win more gunfights and can approach engagements from unexpected angles. Top tier perk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What's the deal with Icarus? Improves accuracy while in the air. Doesn't seem like much.

Coupled with pixie dust and fairy wings makes you unstoppable.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Do you even destiny:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got messaged after it, but it wasn't a hate message.

What did it say?

What did it say?

"BS haha :D"

I lamented matchmaking and said fair play for not orbiting.

I bought the nacon revolution :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I bought the nacon revolution :D

What's it like to hold? Looked like it has a rough gritty kind of finish to it in the pics you posted in chat

What's it like to hold? Looked like it has a rough gritty kind of finish to it in the pics you posted in chat

No shes very comfy to hold. In fact without remapping etc I much prefer this over the DS4. I will do some tweaking and messing about over the next while tho and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I finally started strikes yesterday, they ain't all that bad!! Took a few to get into the swing of things with the rainbow medals, I quickly abandoned the sniper for shotgun, and rocket launcher for machine gun to get this done.

How do I get the assist medals? I noticed nothig was happening with it, so I've started pining enemies and letting others finish them off, but it's not moving?

Got the Nova Mortis too after the quest triggered in the forge. Working on the Abbadon at the minute. I'll definitely be giving the Nightfalls a run now to see can I get Icebreaker to drop. Does it drop from Zavala's bounties too?

What's the deal with weapon and armour mats now? They're dropping in game??

• Advertisement

What's the deal with weapon and armour mats now? They're dropping in game??

When you pick up a green it auto thrashes it for you so get your mats instead :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement