Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    I finally started strikes yesterday, they ain't all that bad!! Took a few to get into the swing of things with the rainbow medals, I quickly abandoned the sniper for shotgun, and rocket launcher for machine gun to get this done.

How do I get the assist medals? I noticed nothig was happening with it, so I've started pining enemies and letting others finish them off, but it's not moving?

Got the Nova Mortis too after the quest triggered in the forge. Working on the Abbadon at the minute. I'll definitely be giving the Nightfalls a run now to see can I get Icebreaker to drop. Does it drop from Zavala's bounties too?

What's the deal with weapon and armour mats now? They're dropping in game??

The weapon and armour mats are from the green engrams. They auto dismantle into materials now.

Icebreaker can got from Zavala's weekly bounty, and I think as a reward at end of NF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Green engrams are now automatically broken into materials upon collection after you reach level 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I finally started strikes yesterday, they ain't all that bad!! Took a few to get into the swing of things with the rainbow medals, I quickly abandoned the sniper for shotgun, and rocket launcher for machine gun to get this done.

How do I get the assist medals? I noticed nothig was happening with it, so I've started pining enemies and letting others finish them off, but it's not moving?

Got the Nova Mortis too after the quest triggered in the forge. Working on the Abbadon at the minute. I'll definitely be giving the Nightfalls a run now to see can I get Icebreaker to drop. Does it drop from Zavala's bounties too?

I'm the same with the assists - I think it's you have to finish off an enemy that was tagged by another player but I was never able to complete so I stopped doing that bounty.

Icebreaker only has a chance of dropping from the Zavala Sunrise bounty (you have 1 chance per week per character) - I have done 12 runs on mine since the update and nothing yet. I heard the drop rate was 5% so by the law of averages, you should have one by NF number 20 :(

Green engrams now auto decrypt for any character who is level 40 (There were lots of complaints from people saying that their inventory was filling up way too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Does it drop from Zavala's bounties too?

Sunrise Bounty Only.

This week's Nightfall is the Wretched Eye Strike.

Modifiers include:
    EPIC - Heavily shielded enemies in greater numbers
    BRAWLER - Guardian melee damage is greatly increased
    MATCH GAME - Enemy shields are resistant to unmatched elemental damage
    EXPOSURE - Guardian shields are increased but do no replenish.

I'll be honest, the boss is a total nightmare this week.

I found the best loadout is:

High Impact Scout
    Arc Subclass
    Void Special (Fusion or sniper)
    Gally for Super

Very tough going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I did the Wretched Eye Nightfall once, that was enough thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

The Wretched Eye NF was only hard the last time because it was void burn, and the Fallen boss has a void weapon. Sure it'll be grand this week... (Someone try it out and let us know :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Wretched Eye NF was only hard the last time because it was void burn, and the Fallen boss has a void weapon. Sure it'll be grand this week... (Someone try it out and let us know :pac:)

The Shanks are still touture because shield doesn't regen. If your shield is low when they appear, it is NASTY.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Shanks are still touture because shield doesn't regen. If your shield is low when they appear, it is NASTY.

Pffffttttt........ who needs a shield when you have a bubble ;)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Pffffttttt........ who needs a shield when you have a bubble ;)

The Ogre is attracted to them (or thats how it felt) so they provide refuge for a very short amount of time.

• Advertisement

The Ogre is attracted to them.

Lol, at the mental image.

Completed it on my 3 characters last night - It took 5 runs for the 3 Sunrise bounties.
    Got the Icebreaker on my 2nd character

General tips I found.

All captains have void shields so Telesto was great for those.
    Servertors have crazy high health - Very high impact RL needed for those
    When clearing out the Siva Nodes, don't bother clearing the rooms of adds, simply run in, rocket the node and run out again - Saves a huge amount of time for the boss.

There doesn't seem to be a set rule for beating the boss - It's helps to have a defender Titan for the shanks but the Ogre will be all over you anyway so it's very temporary.
    Gally, gally, gally seems to be the best way to get the boss's health down.
    Not fun! Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Ran the undying mind 4 times tonight, 2 Titan marks, 1 crap imago roll, and almost a perfect one (for me anyways) exhumed, explosive rounds, luck in the chamber. The grind rolls on :)

had thought about starting on the road to 100 rumble wins, while there is feck all else to do in destiny - and streaming it (sure why not, might be the next MTashed). But even the thought of loading into rumble is making me anxious and sweaty!

I get flashbacks to battleborn pvp just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

had thought about starting on the road to 100 rumble wins, while there is feck all else to do in destiny - and streaming it (sure why not, might be the next MTashed). But even the thought of loading into rumble is making me anxious and sweaty!

I get flashbacks to battleborn pvp just thinking about it.

Streaming Battleborn is where it's at now though clearly.

Gearbox employees popping in to say hi.
    2nd most viewed channel

Practically printing my own money

2nd most viewed channel

You'd want to remove that "No Donation" disclaimer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Off sick from work yesterday and the day before so went at some crucible quests seeing as I had everything else more or less done bar raid and nf quests. Some major frustrating ones as some of the game modes are balls.

Also, shotguns everywhere.

Also also, I get one shotted with melees all the time but can't do the same to enemy guardians, even some I shot the **** out of first

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

2nd most viewed channel

So by next week you'll have the 5% discount codes up and running. Week after for the merchandise; I suggest caps with dreadlocks to begin with. :pac:

nevelator wrote: »
    So by next week you'll have the 5% discount codes up and running. Week after for the merchandise; I suggest caps with dreadlocks to begin with. :pac:

2hflydc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It was a bit weird seeing these randoms show up to watch us getting ABSOLUTELY annihilated in both PvE and PvP :D

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Off sick from work yesterday and the day before so went at some crucible quests seeing as I had everything else more or less done bar raid and nf quests. Some major frustrating ones as some of the game modes are balls.

I'll probably be "off sick" when Destiny 2 launches. Definitely will be whenever TLOU 2 arrives, maybe out a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It was a bit weird seeing these randoms show up to watch us getting ABSOLUTELY annihilated in both PvE and PvP :D

Speak for yourself there sonny jim :pac:

If/When Destiny 2 is released, I will be off that week. I will be playing the hell out of it.

Still trying to get a top roll Imago Loop, it still evades me and I am now out of Skeleton Keys.

Got a decent one last night: Exhumed (Meh), Hammer Forged/Reinforced Barrel (I went with Hammer Forged, RB hammers the stability of the gun) and Firefly.

Its good fun in PvE at least, haven't tried it out in PvP yet, hope to give it a bash over the weekend. Not max range, and I have been led to believe it isn't hitting 62 on range it is junk - i'm willing to give this one a go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Was doing the quest for banshee using the different guns to get 6+ kills, all grand til I got to hand cannons.

I dont use them so was a pain in the hold to complete. Could only manage 3-4 kills with them most matches.
    Next match, went back to my clever dragon and went 27-9, and I'm fairly ****e in pvp..

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Was doing the quest for banshee using the different guns to get 6+ kills, all grand til I got to hand cannons.

I dont use them so was a pain in the hold to complete. Could only manage 3-4 kills with them most matches.
    Next match, went back to my clever dragon and went 27-9, and I'm fairly ****e in pvp..

The Last Word in Supremacy is a good way to get hand cannon kills.

I love hand cannons - but you need to be using the high or highest impact versions, with max range, for them to be at their best.

Eyasluna, Finalas Peril, Palindrome (vendor sold version) would be the top ones imo. Lingering Song (the latest IB one) is good too, along with Ill Will but they are the highest impact archetype so are slow firing and SLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW reloading - its like your Guardian has given up on life when you ask them to reload.

If/When Destiny 2 is released, I will be off that week. I will be playing the hell out of it.

I'll be shipping the wife and daughter off to the in-laws that week and taking a weeks holiday from work!

I can already feel a dose of man-flu coming on :pac:

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I can already feel a dose of man-flu coming on :pac:

Might be a good time for us to all fake our deaths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement