Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    aye NFs aren't too bad now. Back in the olden days you'd go into them under levelled with terribad guns and be sent back to orbit if your team wiped.
    I spent at least an hour under the platform in the Archon Priest clearing it before they removed the glitch. They used to be much scarier.

Man up gimli :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Finally popped the nightfall cherry last night.

Not as bad as I was expecting

They are not that bad - Just a pinch more difficult that Heroic strikes.

Did you get a decent reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

They are not that bad - Just a pinch more difficult that Heroic strikes.

Did you get a decent reward?

Some handgun from Zavala's bounty and a warlock armband I think. Nothing to write home about anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

aye NFs aren't too bad now. Back in the olden days you'd go into them under levelled with terribad guns and be sent back to orbit if your team wiped.
    I spent at least an hour under the platform in the Archon Priest clearing it before they removed the glitch. They used to be much scarier.

1622073_547231542072767_7032413961264961862_n-4715183591.jpg

We actually flew through it, didn't wipe once and I only died the once in the room with all the shriekers I think they're called. **** those things.

Other than that, all three weapons and my class were arc so melted all the things.

Finished in about 15 mins all in I think it was, and a good five mins of that was me hiding and picking off witches/knights so I could revive the lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Nf was Grand, although I did have one truly glorious moment when I popped my grenade, go all invisible to revive Osprey ..... Im holding down square like a tool wondering why he wont revive ....then realise theres about 5 seconds left on his timer ....It all goes Black hawk down after that. Im blaming all this on the baby and lack of sleep at the moment:p:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Nf was Grand, although I did have one truly glorious moment when I popped my grenade, go all invisible to revive Osprey ..... Im holding down square like a tool wondering why he wont revive ....then realise theres about 5 seconds left on his timer ....It all goes Black hawk down after that. Im blaming all this on the baby and lack of sleep at the moment:p:p

Even the baby wouldnt have made that mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

McMafia77 wrote: »
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Even the baby wouldnt have made that mistake :pac:

Reddit post in the making this

Reddit post in the making this

Ah knave, you let the cat out of the bag before I could annoy generic with another wall of deathly text that deals a massive 174 crit hit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd run the NF thrice with no luck, got 3oC twice. My brother hops on Sunday with his 369 character. "Can we do the NF?" Sure! Ended with him saying "oh, I got the icebreaker"
    I hate my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,963 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bought a primary legendary engram from the guy at the reef, to waste some legendary marks, and got a Palindrome with hot swap, rifled barrel and hidden hand. THANK YOU.

Bought a primary legendary engram from the guy at the reef, to waste some legendary marks, and got a Palindrome with hot swap, rifled barrel and hidden hand. THANK YOU.

Hot swap shouldn't really be very useful on a primary as you are going to have that gun equipped most of the time. I'm not trying to rain on you're parade, it's still a pretty sweet roll.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Hot swap shouldn't really be very useful on a primary as you are going to have that gun equipped most of the time. I'm not trying to rain on you're parade, it's still a pretty sweet roll.

Yeah, hot swap is a meh drop on it - for the reasons you have stated - but I'm liking Hidden Hand dropping with Rifled Barrel.

My dream role would be Icarus, Rifled Barrel and Hidden Hand.

I would take any hand cannon of that type with those perks but only Palindrome can get that role from what I can see - and that is a very difficult gun to drop - i've only had 2 drop for me ever, the one I got last night and some rubbish drop ages ago.

The vendor people keep giving by Badger CCL. I swear I have gotten 10 of them out of my last 15 packages.

My imago loop rolls are consistently MEH too (or a bond...). Best one I have got so far is Hammer Forged and Firefly - good fun for PVE and thats it.

Gunsmith for the Uffern HC4.

I have one with Army of One, Rifled Barrel and Icarus.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Gunsmith for the Uffern HC4.

I have one with Army of One, Rifled Barrel and Icarus.

You can get a few (maybe all of them) with Icarus in the final column but my brief research on Planet Destiny DB has Palindrome as the only one with Icarus as an option in the first column.

I was thinking about the competitive nature of Destiny recently, as it comes up on podcasts a lot. Many people say Destiny can't be competitive like CS or CoD, for example, simply because of the nature of destiny - the gun loadouts for a start, but also the RNG factor to getting the 'right gun'.

How about a ranked/competitive mode built in to Destiny, as a seperate entity to the public unranked crucible (in much the way we have now). In this competitive mode we would have a set package of weapons that are available to all, with set perks. So after 1 minute in the game or 2000 hours in the game, the same weapons are available to everyone in this mode - so there is no time-gated or luck advantage for players, only subclass setup and gameskill.

Bungie could add, ammend, change or remove weapons from the pool on an ongoing basis based on feedback or within special events.

You can get a few (maybe all of them) with Icarus in the final column but my brief research on Planet Destiny DB has Palindrome as the only one with Icarus as an option in the first column.

Ah I didn't know that, then again, I'm not a big HC user, I may use Finnala's Peril every now and again and The Wail in PvE a little because it has Firefly and Outlaw.

I was thinking about the competitive nature of Destiny recently, as it comes up on podcasts a lot. Many people say Destiny can't be competitive like CS or CoD, for example, simply because of the nature of destiny - the gun loadouts for a start, but also the RNG factor to getting the 'right gun'.

How about a ranked/competitive mode built in to Destiny, as a seperate entity to the public unranked crucible (in much the way we have now). In this competitive mode we would have a set package of weapons that are available to all, with set perks. So after 1 minute in the game or 2000 hours in the game, the same weapons are available to everyone in this mode - so there is no time-gated or luck advantage for players, only subclass setup and gameskill.

Bungie could add, ammend, change or remove weapons from the pool on an ongoing basis based on feedback or within special events.

I'm shocked this hasn't been done already but then again how long did it take to get custom games yet we still don't have the options to limit loadouts to level the playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

What am I missing about Icarus? Is this a good perk to have? It sounds like one of those perks on C-tier exotics that requires bad circumstances no?

PetKing wrote: »
    What am I missing about Icarus? Is this a good perk to have? It sounds like one of those perks on C-tier exotics that requires bad circumstances no?

A lot, we've been through this before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102177481#post102177481

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Got a tasty roll on a Her Vengence from CoE last night. Same base stats as Palindrome, with Rangefinder, Smallbore and LiTC. Some really top guns floating about in there, been grinding it every week for a bit of late.

Got a tasty roll on a Her Vengence from CoE last night. Same base stats as Palindrome, with Rangefinder, Smallbore and LiTC. Some really top guns floating about in there, been grinding it every week for a bit of late.

I got a lingering song the other day with smallbore, feather mag and LiTC - 5 bullets in the mag for some LiTC fun!

Must head back into CoE at some point and see what I get from it.
    Last time i was in there we two manned it fairly handy, gonna try get the challenge score done I think this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:
    A lot, we've been through this before.

Ah ok. The pixie dust and fairy wings does explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Must head back into CoE at some point and see what I get from it.
    Last time i was in there we two manned it fairly handy, gonna try get the challenge score done I think this time.

Good week for it, bonus points for grenades. Easy mode for Voidlocks or Sunbreaker Titan with simmering flames and Armamentarium. A bit tougher for Hunters, gunslinger with Scavenger, Frost boots and the artifact that gives an extra melee and grenade would be my pick.

Good week for it, bonus points for grenades. Easy mode for Voidlocks or Sunbreaker Titan with simmering flames and Armamentarium. A bit tougher for Hunters, gunslinger with Scavenger, Frost boots and the artifact that gives an extra melee and grenade would be my pick.

Dont forget the Artifact thiny that gives you extra nades and takes away your super ;)

Think its time to dust off the nothing manacles for this.
    Fairly sure I have that artifact too Johnny's on about.

Yeah, i found it dead easy on my warlock with you yesterday:D

8 times I died. EIGHT.

Meaning of the 20mins or so I was in the fight I was dead for 20% of it.

Inclusive of popping my 'Stormcaller' and nova bombing the wall infront of my face. MORON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

nova bombing the wall infront of my face. MORON.

Ahh some of my best supers have been to tether/nova an obstacle, or fist of havoc straight off the map :)

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Ahh some of my best supers have been to tether/nova an obstacle, or fist of havoc straight off the map :)

tethering the cannon at Aksis. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

A personal favourite was playing a nightfall on Devils Lair back in the day.

in the first main room, both team mates end up dying beside each other. Don't worry says me - I'll get you.

Run over to them, while being shot a lot, hit my super to bubble up..... and pop bladedancer. not even the right class.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement