Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That nightfall is made for a voidwalker warlock. Think I got more kills with grenades than anything else, although having pretty much unlimited grenades helped with that..

FINALLY got my 25 sword kills in the crucible, that was painful..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tazzimus wrote: »
    FINALLY got my 25 sword kills in the crucible, that was painful..

I really like Pantheon for that. Nice claustrophobic hallways, nowhere to run.

Had one really good game on a map, loads of containers and hallways, was an earth map. Got about 7-8 on that one alone, rest were 2-3 a match and I'd say about 18 were hilt kills. Few hairy moments with those, radiant skin saved me a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Destiny 2 Speculation.....

APPARENTLY Amazon had Megablock set descriptions up - one of which had a Cabal Bruiser taking on Lord Shaxx in the Tower Hanger.

Cabal the first antagonist in Destiny 2, with the tower under direct attack and possibly falling?

I'd LOVE IT.

But a Raid full of those god damn shielded jerks? UGH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Destiny 2 Speculation.....

APPARENTLY Amazon had Megablock set descriptions up - one of which had a Cabal Bruiser taking on Lord Shaxx in the Tower Hanger.

Cabal the first antagonist in Destiny 2, with the tower under direct attack and possibly falling?

I'd LOVE IT.

But a Raid full of those god damn shielded jerks? UGH!

If ANY part of that is true, my long awaited wished for main baddie will be realised. A Cabal raid would be awesome. A 300 styled section with those shielded bastwards? Oooooo jimmy.

Thought I ha dgot a god roll Eyasluna last night.

Sureshot in the sights column - Yes.
    Rangefinder first perk - oh yes.
    Hidden Hand as the final perk? OH YES.

Thought it had a rifled in the middle comlumn but it was injection mold or something..... meh. no stability perk on it. Extended Mag, Explosive Rounds or Injection mold.

So close!

Gonna keep it anyway, just in case the weapon balance pass coming soon makes a difference to non max-range hand cannons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Thought I ha dgot a god roll Eyasluna last night.

Sureshot in the sights column - Yes.
    Rangefinder first perk - oh yes.
    Hidden Hand as the final perk? OH YES.

Thought it had a rifled in the middle comlumn but it was injection mold or something..... meh. no stability perk on it. Extended Mag, Explosive Rounds or Injection mold.

So close!

Gonna keep it anyway, just in case the weapon balance pass coming soon makes a difference to non max-range hand cannons.

I like ER in pve though, I enjoy using handcannons/fast firing scouts with ER when running strikes in the playlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I played 1 match of PvP. My internet didn't explode

played some control last night - think it was 4 matches and I may just about have held a 1.0 through the 4 games. FOOKINHELL it is tough out there today! A couple of games where we got stomped and holding a 1.0 was a freaking miracle. Very hard to play solo, i find, as I was consistently finding myself 2 or 3 vs 1 after a spawn. Also felt the connections were off (even though I was green) as there were a good few times i know i was bang on my shot but nothing happened. Maybe it was ghost bullets.

• Advertisement

I remember there being talk about tripmines and their usefulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLexGS26_Gs

Thats a video of a full match I played earlier - its not good gameplay, i'm not going to argue it is, but it is a good example of just how much I use tripmines to protect myself and prime others. I don't think i'd have got a kill without them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thats a video of a full match I played earlier - its not good gameplay, i'm not going to argue it is, but it is a good example of just how much I use tripmines to protect myself and prime others. I don't think i'd have got a kill without them

I just noticed something at 6:15:
    https://youtu.be/NLexGS26_Gs?t=6m15s

Your aim goes all over the place, even though you're ADS. You were ADS, so your aim should have been moving slowely, but it was as if you weren't ADS.

I found this was happening to me a good bit too, I could never put my finger on why it was happening, I always assumed it was due to flinch - but you weren't shot there...

Never been able to use tripmines effectively. Generally run bladedancer and skips.

Watching this and it occurred to me that spawning in front of a blink shotgunner is funny, when it happens someone else. :)

I just noticed something at 6:15:
    https://youtu.be/NLexGS26_Gs?t=6m15s

Your aim goes all over the place, even though you're ADS. You were ADS, so your aim should have been moving slowely, but it was as if you weren't ADS.

I found this was happening to me a good bit too, I could never put my finger on why it was happening, I always assumed it was due to flinch - but you weren't shot there...

At the time I felt I had just had a weird fit myself rather than thinking there was an issue with the pad/game. Only time (that I can think of) it has happened to me so i'm going with human error (or terrible plays!) on it.

By the by... I hated that damn stormcaller. I'd been completely rolled over by him and his team (don't know if they were a proper group, never checked) on Cauldron in the previous match I had played. 20k to 12k or something like that, they were freaking EVERYWHERE! When I saw his name pop up in that match I damn near just quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Turned on the game last night, and dusted off the cobwebs. Played a strike or 2. My first run of the Nexus which was fun and retro. Played some PvP and cycled through primaries trying to settle down, Clever Dragon wasn't doing it for me, ended up back on the Mida which was comfortably picking head shots for me. Picked up the Abbadon too so happy with that. Still haven't done a NF in months, so still the Icebreaker to get. What's the story with picking up the tags now? Are they defunct, should I just discard them? Amanda's tag does nothing when I approach her.

PetKing wrote: »
    Turned on the game last night, and dusted off the cobwebs. Played a strike or 2. My first run of the Nexus which was fun and retro. Played some PvP and cycled through primaries trying to settle down, Clever Dragon wasn't doing it for me, ended up back on the Mida which was comfortably picking head shots for me. Picked up the Abbadon too so happy with that. Still haven't done a NF in months, so still the Icebreaker to get. What's the story with picking up the tags now? Are they defunct, should I just discard them? Amanda's tag does nothing when I approach her.

You can just discard them, the presents you opened with them are gone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Could be a nasty one if they dont patch it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t-TFpHodCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dev stream this evening at 6 discussing weapon rebalance and sandbox changes

https://www.twitch.tv/bungie

Will be very interesting to see what they do.

I fear they are going to speed up the time to kill of the primaries to combat the shotguns - which will make the game (and my numerous deaths) way quicker. I can see the Clever Dragon time to kill becoming the ttk for most weapons. Its the only way I can see them promoting counters to shotguns without nerfing shotguns themselves.

Can see higher caliber rounds on high ROF pulses being nerfed, snipers being buffed, fusions should stay as they are, side arms maybe a small damage buff. Hand Cannon accuracy should be reworked, imo, so that hand cannons without max range become viable. So many almost good rolls ruined without a rifled barrel range perk. Scouts should stay as they are imo. Autorifles could do with a buff, but it is tough to buff them without making them OP.

They need to look at Skip grenades, and reduce their tracking - I shouldn't have to run to the other side of the map just to have a chance to outrun them, they need to track for a shorter time period.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the exotics. I think exotics are too prone to being overpowered in PVP due to their perks, so buffing them could cause problems. For example, bringing back the 1 tap/2 tap hawkmoon? could be a disaster. Same with Red Death, if that pulse archetype become the meta that gun would be insane with its health regen perk along with being meta.

Standard shotguns now don't have aim assist on hip fire, still have magnetism (I don't know what the difference is). No crit bonus on normal shotguns (chaperone and universal remote (in ads) still have it). in air accuracy decreased as well. ADS speed slowed with Rangefinder perk.

Highest RoF Pulse rifles RoF down by 7.7%. Apparently equivilent to 1 frame - not sure what type of difference that will make. The effect of HCR has been reduced and base flinch has been reduced for pulse rifles too. (High Caliber Rounds have been fixed for Hand Cannons and Scouts.). THe mag size on Grasp and Clever Dragon have been directly reduced too. Lowest rate of fire Pulses have had the RoF increased by 5.5%.

People on reddit and twitch chat saying two burst Pulse is back - but I didn't hear anything about a damage increase for them.

Pulse, Scout and AutoRifle guns have had in air accuracy increased (numbers not given) - Hand Cannons still have a higher base in air accuracy than the rest though.

AutoRifle - Base Damage and Percision Damage of Lowest RoF increased.

Hand Cannons - Year One initial accuracy is back, Final Accuracy (Bloom) is the same as it is now rather than Year 1. Reduced base range (by 5m) - meaning they drop off quicker, all hand cannons. Reduced max range damage too - 33% of max damage at max range, it had been 50%

HOLY F***ING ****: You lose special ammo when you die - though special now spawns every 60 seconds. (PVP - they didn't say how/if PVE is effected). Ice Breaker and Invective reset to 0 ammo on respawn but will still regen. SideArms still spawn with ammo.

*Classes*

Hunter: Hungering Blade gives big bump in health but shield doesn't regen as quickly. Throwing knife now deals Solar damage (PVE, obviously).

Warlock:Storm Caller power melee range reduced to be in line with other warlock melee. Landfall reduces time in stormtrace.

Juggernaught disables some time after being in the air for *some* time. Can't activate it mid-air either.

There are other changes but they are the big ones according to Bungie - they didn't detail other changes. Patch notes on tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 beeoreyeaien

At the time I felt I had just had a weird fit myself rather than thinking there was an issue with the pad/game. Only time (that I can think of) it has happened to me so i'm going with human error (or terrible plays!) on it.

By the by... I hated that damn stormcaller. I'd been completely rolled over by him and his team (don't know if they were a proper group, never checked) on Cauldron in the previous match I had played. 20k to 12k or something like that, they were freaking EVERYWHERE! When I saw his name pop up in that match I damn near just quit.

If you look back on most matches your aim looks **** afterwards. Aim assist has a lot to answer for

Edit: Not your aim Mitch, everyone's aim. I'm regularly ashamed of mine on review

Will be very interesting to see what they do.

I fear they are going to speed up the time to kill of the primaries to combat the shotguns - which will make the game (and my numerous deaths) way quicker. I can see the Clever Dragon time to kill becoming the ttk for most weapons. Its the only way I can see them promoting counters to shotguns without nerfing shotguns themselves.

Can see higher caliber rounds on high ROF pulses being nerfed, snipers being buffed, fusions should stay as they are, side arms maybe a small damage buff. Hand Cannon accuracy should be reworked, imo, so that hand cannons without max range become viable. So many almost good rolls ruined without a rifled barrel range perk. Scouts should stay as they are imo. Autorifles could do with a buff, but it is tough to buff them without making them OP.

They need to look at Skip grenades, and reduce their tracking - I shouldn't have to run to the other side of the map just to have a chance to outrun them, they need to track for a shorter time period.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the exotics. I think exotics are too prone to being overpowered in PVP due to their perks, so buffing them could cause problems. For example, bringing back the 1 tap/2 tap hawkmoon? could be a disaster. Same with Red Death, if that pulse archetype become the meta that gun would be insane with its health regen perk along with being meta.

As far as I can see you got the above 100% correct, are you one of the developers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

They didn't increase the TTK on primaries though. They nerfed the best ones and buffed the worst ones, TTK will be roughly the same if not slower. However the special ammo changes will likely lead to more primary fights. Also those shotgun nerfs will probably have a huge effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So, it's highly likely to be high impact, both pulse's and auto rifle's as the new dominant forces in the crucible, obviously auto's will be the weapon of choice of the masses as the pulse's are less forgiving. It remains to be seen on what will happen with hand cannon's but they are probably going to remain a popular choice as is.

Secondary ammo changes are drastic and on first reading of it, it looked like a good move but having thought it over, won't it just make the game a bit campier. Sure, no one liked the shotgunner doing laps and racking up kills but that was a shotgun issue, what did fusion rifles ever do wrong. Snipers are staying as is and boy will that sniper be very careful about his ammo. Anyway, I may be wrong, the ammo spawns every minute so we'll see how it goes.

The one thing I cannot get over is the sidearm business, Bungie have put four secondarys in the game and the choice should be yours to select which one to play, heavily weighting one type to effectively force their selection on you is just ****ed up. I used a lot of sidearms but I found I was having more fun using the other types, basically relying on it over primary usage.

If they are going to remove special on respawns then do exactly the same across the board, a sidearm can get kills just as well as a shotgun, sniper or fusion so why treat it differently, it makes it easy to balance that's why and that's just a cheap fix in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    If they are going to remove special on respawns then do exactly the same across the board, a sidearm can get kills just as well as a shotgun, sniper or fusion so why treat it differently, it makes it easy to balance that's why and that's just a cheap fix in my eyes.

Because it takes a lot more ammo to get a kill with a Sidearm. At best you could get 2 kills with 1 mag, as opposed to the others listed where you could get 4-5. Now, if you had 2 mags of Sidearm ammo on Spawn/Crate pickup fair enough, then they are on a level playing field if they takeaway the ammo on respawn

But, I'd rather they not touch sidearms :P

dudeeile wrote: »
    sidearm can get kills just as well as a shotgun, sniper or fusion so why treat it differently
    Well, no, it can't.

It can't one shot up close or far away like a sniper.
    It can't one shot up close like a shot gun.
    It can't one shot medium to close range like a Fusion.

It can't one shot like any other Secondary so it can't get kills just as well as the other secondaries. Side Arms are far closer to Primaries than the others.

I do think them having ammo over other secondaries could be a serious issue, but their damage fall off and the fact they can't one shot from any distance at all does make them different to the others.

I also think we are simply going to see a lot of Ice Breakers and Invectives to combat the ammo changes, just as we saw them as a counter to basically the same ammo change that we saw before. they changed the ammo back when they saw that before, so I am surprised they have gone the same direction again.

I would be more positive on the ammo changes, if Invective and Ice Breaker weren't around - cause it would have a greater impact in promoting primary gun fights but it will remain much the same as it was.

on a different note - Destiny has been SUPER frustrating the last few nights. Getting lag in both PVE and PVP - though my net connection seems much the same. In PvP i'm not so much seeing people jump around but I feel like I am getting 'one shot' by handcannons (I think i'm not getting the bullet registration on my end when I should be - so all three bullets arrive at once in my perception). Similarly, I don't feel my shots are registering correctly either. It has felt like the game I am seeing is half a second behind the game everyone else is seeing.

Maybe it is just bad play, and I've no doubt in some of the matches I haven't played well, but the game is seeming super inconsistent to me at the moment.

Might try restarting the router and console etc - see if that clears up any kind of connection issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Sidearms take ammo, ammo gets kills, I'm aware it’s not a one shot and that’s not an argument to maintain ammo when the other types lose it on respawn.

In general, when you grab shotgun ammo, you get 4 rounds (I know there are different perks and ammo associated with different archetypes) and under the right circumstances that is 4 kills, not guaranteed but you know.

Now take sidearms, how many bullets do you collect from a crate and in theory how many kills can you get with that ammo, it is the same, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There are more rumours over on Reddit about the future of Destiny. Another mention of a PC release. It makes me wonder how this will effect the great Destiny Boards community.

I don't want to start a console war but it seems to me that PS4 is where most of us play the game. Will the majority stick with PS4 or move to PC?

I buy most games in console but if the community here was going PC it would say my decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5syl0k/information_regarding_the_future_of_destiny/

• Advertisement

There are more rumours over on Reddit about the future of Destiny. Another mention of a PC release. It makes me wonder how this will effect the great Destiny Boards community.

I don't want to start a console war but it seems to me that PS4 is where most of us play the game. Will the majority stick with PS4 or move to PC?

I buy most games in console but if the community here was going PC it would say my decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5syl0k/information_regarding_the_future_of_destiny/

firstly, that reddit stuff looks like crap, imo. Nothing in it no one couldn't guess based on the stuff we already know.

PC Destiny 2 has been rumoured for ages. The Cabal stuff can be guess based on rumours around what High Moon Studio's have been up to (Taking cut Cabal raid/content to build up for Destiny 2) and the recent leak regarding the Mega Constructs Cabal/Hanger/Shaxx toy set.

I would stick with PS4, as I don't have a gaming PC and don't want to spend the cash required to build capable of playing Destiny at its best. I would personally hope many others would stick with PS4 (or Xbox as the case may be) simply so that the community and friendships that have built up through the game would remain. I would guess most of the people I would play with most regularly will stay with PS4 as a load of us play Overwatch together and sure that is available (and better) on PC - if people aren't bothered getting Overwatch on PC I would guess the same will be true of Destiny 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement