Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

If it ended up coming to pc I would probably get it but I'd also still play it on xbox for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Why would I (personally shift from PS4 to PC)?

Better clicky, shooty, bang bang wow, accuracy with a KB&M and (possibly) better Frame Rate and/or Resolution?

Not enough to convince me to leave a game that has essentially become the foundation of how I partake in multiplayer games communities.

You can't make friends with Graphics.

And having been an avid "PC Gamer" since the days of Civ2, I can't stand the PC gaming communities emptiest and loudest vessels spouting any of the usual rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Why would I (personally shift from PS4 to PC)?

Better clicky, shooty, bang bang wow, accuracy with a KB&M and (possibly) better Frame Rate and/or Resolution?

I never considered the whole KB&M issue. I just don't understand how people use that control scheme for an FPS. I'd have to use a controller and that would probably put me at a huge disadvantage in the Crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Personally, I will be sticking to the PS4 for D2. As Conovar and Generic said, the community here was built on PS4, it has permeated to other Multiplayer games, most notably OW and Borderlands. While i have a machine that would probably be capable of handling D2 on near max settings, again as Generic said, pretty graphics do not make or maintain a community. We have a community that boasted 100+ active players when Destiny released TTK, which was probably the Zenith of Destiny's life span. I look forward to that community in D2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Personally, I will be sticking to the PS4 for D2. As Conovar and Generic said, the community here was built on PS4, it has permeated to other Multiplayer games, most notably OW and Borderlands. While i have a machine that would probably be capable of handling D2 on near max settings, again as Generic said, pretty graphics do not make or maintain a community. We have a community that boasted 100+ active players when Destiny released TTK, which was probably the Zenith of Destiny's life span. I look forward to that community in D2.

Totally agree, have a gaming rig but hardly use it because you bunch of asses :pac: but for destiny 2 it will be a day 1 purchase and ps4 (Also xbone cos of nathan) haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Destiny 2 will be a pre-ordered Day one purchase for me on PS4. May even buy an enhanced version with steelbook, maps, little dolls and bonus skins. Will take the week off work.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Destiny 2 will be a pre-ordered Day one purchase for me on PS4. May even buy an enhanced version with steelbook, maps, little dolls and bonus skins. Will take the week off work.

Samesies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »

If I can manage to save my annual leave then I may take time off for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finally went and got Abaddon over the weekend, looking forward to checking out the new changes in crucible tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Some concept art for Destiny, including some never before seen images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Anyone else run into the Titan super glitch yet?

Was farming plagueland patrols/public events and ran into a Titan that had Hammers for ages.

Reading over on Bungies Destiny site it appears to be quite common.
    I don't actually know if it's extended or infinite but the longest anyone appears to have had so far is five minutes.

No Nova Bomb wastelands for my Warlock. :(

Anyone else run into the Titan super glitch yet?

Was farming plagueland patrols/public events and ran into a Titan that had Hammers for ages.

Reading over on Bungies Destiny site it appears to be quite common.
    I don't actually know if it's extended or infinite but the longest anyone appears to have had so far is five minutes.

No Nova Bomb wastelands for my Warlock. :(

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6qHf9t1mk&list=WL

Was posted in the chat earlier :)

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc6qHf9t1mk&list=WL

Was posted in the chat earlier :)
    Whoops, sorry.

Still no Warlock glitch though. I would love infinite supers with any of the subclasses.
    Sithlord arc, nuke the world void or highlander solar.

Whoops, sorry.

Still no Warlock glitch though. I would love infinite supers with any of the subclasses.
    Sithlord arc, nuke the world void or highlander solar.

I would imagine the only one the warlock could do is the storm call really.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I would imagine the only one the warlock could do is the storm call really.
    Less of your reasonable logic please, I can dream! Mayhem will have to do for now.

Patch Notes

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45661

Crucible

Special Ammo

Adjusted Special ammo economy in all gametypes
    Players start Crucible matches with Special ammo
    Special ammo is now lost upon death
    Sidearms are not affected by this change
    Special ammo crates now appear every 60 seconds (initial spawn and respawn)
    Special ammo crates are shared with allies within 75m (down from 100m)
    Special ammo timing in Mayhem is unchanged
    Elimination Gametypes
    Round time limit has been reduced to 90 seconds (down from 2 minutes)
    Players only start with Special ammo for Round 1 in Elimination gametypes
    Special ammo timing is 30s initial, then 45s respawns
    Special ammo is wiped at the beginning of subsequent rounds
    Weapons

Hand Cannons

Significantly increased initial accuracy (returns to Launch / Year 1)
    Reduced base range to 35m from 40m
    Reduced Aim Assist and Magnetism at longer ranges
    Reduced minimum damage after falloff from 50% to 33%
    Auto Rifles

Increased Precision Damage modifier to 1.3x (up from 1.25x)
    Increased base damage of low rate of fire Auto Rifles by 2.5%
    Increased in air accuracy
    Pulse Rifles

Reduced rate of fire for very high rate of fire Pulse Rifles by 7.7%
    Increased rate of fire for low rate of fire Pulse Rifles by 5.3%
    Reduced Magazine Size of Clever Dragon and Grasp of Malok by 6
    Reduced the effect of High Caliber Rounds for Pulse Rifles
    Scout Rifles

Shotguns

Shotguns no longer deal precision damage
    The Chaperone and Universal Remote are unaffected by this change
    Note: Universal Remote only deals precision damage when ADS
    Shotguns now have significantly less magnetism when fired from the hip
    Shotguns now have significantly less in air accuracy
    Shotguns no longer have a movement penalty
    Shotguns now deal 20% more damage to combatants
    Rangefinder on Shotguns now increases ADS time by 25%
    Reduced Universal Remote’s Magazine Size to 3 from 5
    Universal Remote now takes longer to reload
    Exotics

Young Wolf’s Howl

Reduced "Howling Flames" ammo cost from 10 to 5
    Truth

Reduced Magazine size from 3 to 1
    Classes

General
    Reduced Health of Guardians with Armor values above 10
    Increased damage of Flux Grenade, Magnetic Grenade and Shoulder Charge to ensure effectiveness across all Armor values
    Blink now disables your Radar and HUD for a short time after activation
    Hunter
    Throwing Knife now deals Solar Damage on impact
    Hungering Blade*
    Immediately starts Health regen
    Restores more Health per kill
    Gives a flat amount of Health/Shield per activation
    Does not immediately start regenerating Shields
    Bladedancer’s Quick Draw Perk no longer readies your weapons instantly, but now grants a large increase to weapon handling speed
    Warlock
    Viper Totemic on Ophidian Aspect no longer readies your weapon instantly, but now grants a large increase to weapon handling speed
    Stormcaller's Thunderstrike melee range reduced to be consistent with other Warlock Subclasses
    Amplitude will continue to grant small range boost to new base range
    Landfall now reduces the total time in Stormtrance
    Titan
    Juggernaut is now disabled after being in the air for a short time and cannot be activated while in mid air
    General

Outbreak Prime no longer triggers The Corruption Spreads by shooting at Ward of Dawn
    Shinobu’s Vow no longer adds an additional seeker to Skip Grenades
    Removed intrinsic Perks Kneepads and Icarus on some Talent grids
    Fixed an issue where High Caliber Rounds were not functioning properly on Hand Cannons, Scout Rifles, Machine Guns and Sniper Rifles
    *Hungering Blade changes were also inadvertently applied to the following Perks, for more information check this post
    Transfusion (Striker Titan)
    Cauterize (Sunbreaker Titan)
    Lifesteal (Voidwalker Warlock)
    Red Death Perk
    Suros Legacy Perk (Suros Regime)
    No Backup Plans
    Ward of Dawn cast
    The Ram
    Apotheosis Veil
    Embrace the Void (Voidwalker Warlock)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Some good, some bad.

The 30 change for trials is good, still think Skorris will be an issue.

Some very odd changes:
    Truth
    Blink - It was already ****
    Quickdraw - between that and hungering blade...RIP bladedancers

Not sure the primary changes will do much, TTK is probably worse now as nothing of note is buffed and the strongest primaries nerfed. Will still see more primary play due to the special changes but all of that play will probably just revolve around...getting special

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Shinobu’s Vow no longer adds an additional seeker to Skip Grenades

=(

*Scans furiously for Scout Rifle or Sidearm changes*

Phew

• Registered Users Posts: 45,957 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The health f-up is bad and their decision to leave an unintended change in the game, for a range of classes, rather than actually fix it is insane. They should be working day and night to reverse the screw up rather than leave it as is for weeks to see if they actually should fix it. Such a terrible way to approach game balance and the sandbox. INSANE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Manpower commitments are at a minimum I'd say but they should have just held off until it was sorted, seems a little unfair if they wanted to nerf one specific class and then just nerfed right across the board, all pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

That hungering blade **** up.. Can someone explain that to me?
    What have they done exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Right.... Thorn, Hawkmoon, and Suros.. check check check... I'm off to the crucible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That hungering blade **** up.. Can someone explain that to me?
    What have they done exactly?

Instead of the Hungering Blade fix, where it only returns a portion of your health instead of regening you to max in less than a second, only affecting the Hungering Blade perk it is affecting all the health regen perks in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Instead of the Hungering Blade fix, where it only returns a portion of your health instead of regening you to max in less than a second, only affecting the Hungering Blade perk it is affecting all the health regen perks in the game.

How utterly embarrassing. They even knew about it and still let it out. Heads should roll, but they'd probably have no one left to work on the patch to the patch (if there is one). Why nerf Truth? Was it OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yakuza wrote: »
    How utterly embarrassing. They even knew about it and still let it out. Heads should roll, but they'd probably have no one left to work on the patch to the patch (if there is one). Why nerf Truth? Was it OP?

Truth was massively OP in pvp, didn't deserve to have its ammo capacity reduced to one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,957 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yakuza wrote: »
    I actually don't have a problem with them releasing the patch as is, my problem is then stating they dont actually plan on fixing it til they see how it looks in the game.

This is an unintended bug, a massive change to the sandbox that they didn't plan for our design and they are just going to leave it as is? I just don't understand that approach to game balance.

The changes could actually be good overall, but I just don't like them making what amounts to a random design change to the sandbox. I prefer them to make changes based on sone rationale.

Initial observations... There's more special in the field than I need ( although I'm using a sidearm tonight )

Thorn is ****e. Hawkmoon is sooooo enjoyable that I haven't tried the Suros yet.

Truth was massively OP in pvp, didn't deserve to have its ammo capacity reduced to one though.

Maybe reduce its velocity or time to aim?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

It was better than most rocket launchers but it's an exotic... That's the point.
    If the game was balanced correctly you'd have to make a choice:
    Suros / Red Death for health regen.
    Truth for enhanced tracking.
    Gjallerhorn for wolf pack rounds.

An exotic should give a benefit over a legendary.

The Hungering Blade / health regen changes are just shockingly badly handled. I honestly can't believe they would string us along for so long for a weapon balance and screw it up this badly... What's the point in using Embrace the Void if it doesn't fully regen your health? Why was bladedancer even nerfed???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement