Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grind a few of the level 230ish strikes, you'll fly up in light.

Yeah i need to do the 7 orbs of light 3 times in a strike so I will try get that out of the way later on. Im also on the sword quest in the dreadnaught so want to try finish that later too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yeah i need to do the 7 orbs of light 3 times in a strike so I will try get that out of the way later on. Im also on the sword quest in the dreadnaught so want to try finish that later too.

I still haven't done the 7 orbs of light quest. It was giving me a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fitzafrenic

Everyone on team 2 good for tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yeah, it's for the No Time To Explain quest. Are you on just now? I'm just about to help someone through it.

thanks guys for that last night, these quests are deffo so much easier when you've got a full party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Everyone on team 2 good for tonight??

I've set up a chat room for us all to get your ducks in a row, so ensure u add me to your friends list so i can add you to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Did the fanatic of crota always appear in the court during the heroic daily?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I still haven't done the 7 orbs of light quest. It was giving me a pain in the hoop.

I only ever got it once in a level 20 strike its a serious pain alright.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We don't actually, a forum request only needs +18 positive votes over negative votes to be considered, it's more than fulfilled that criteria at this stage.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We don't actually, a forum request only needs +18 positive votes over negative votes to be considered, it's more than fulfilled that criteria at this stage.

So what happens now then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

we scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I've set up a chat room for us all to get your ducks in a row, so ensure u add me to your friends list so i can add you to that

Should probably set up one for Team 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Actually - how many people are looking to be Sherpa'd through VoG / CE? At this stage there must be more Sherpa's than Sherpee's

I could use a Sherpa run through CE. Some parts I understand... Kill myself at the bridge, point at Crota, strafe wildly when swordbearer reaches platform. Just need some help getting that elusive crux.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We wait, i wouldn't get too excited yet tbh. Even if it gets approved it could be ages, the Super Hero forum was approved months ago and still hasn't shown up. We're unlikely to see it until the new site is up and running unless it somehow gets fast tracked, think Dav said as much in feedback earlier in the year regarding the backlog of pending forums.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We wait, i wouldn't get too excited yet tbh. Even if it gets approved it could be ages, the Super Hero forum was approved months ago and still hasn't shown up. We're unlikely to see it until the new site is up and running, think Dav said as much in feedback earlier in the year.

Awww :( can I throw my toys at dav and see if that helps haha

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xúr is in the doorway over by the speaker.

Does anyone else find these guides by aWryShark useful?
    Titan - Helm of Inmost Light
    - 77 Intellect/?? Strength
    The Striker Helm comes with pure Intellect at a health 77 to start. At 310 Light, this Exotic can potentially boast up to 95 of it it, or 60/60 of any two stats. Twist your fate to play with the values! As it stands, Intellect is a a top pick for Strikers (along with Discipline!)
    I'm just going to say it right now: Helm of Inmost Light is still a C Tier. Strikers are frankly just about the useless PvE class in Destiny right now. They have zero defensive or supportive utility, beyond their admittedly useful Lightning Grenades, and as much as Fist of Havoc can be a positive orb force, your team will almost always appreciate a well-timed Ward of Dawn or field-clearing Sunbreaker sweep more. But, if you insist on using Striker (it can be fun), HoIL does give your Super a pretty sizable boost, allowing you to play around with your perk trees in two areas. Ultimately, it buffs the Striker Super, which in all fairness is quite a beast in PvP. So, pick this one up if you're optimistic for Bungie's (eventual?) class rebalancing in December, or you just want to "catch 'em all", otherwise HoIL is just a novelty for an outclassed subclass.
    Twist Fate? : Yes
    You could get Inverse Shadow, which is a must have for a solid PvE helm. According to the Armory, Invigoration could potentially be Innervation, Better Already, or Infusion - all superior options.

Hunter - Celestial Nighthawk
    - 46 Intellect/51 Strength
    This helm boasts the exact same 310 thresholds as the HoIL, with 95 Int, or 60/60/60 Int/Disc/Str. Don't be put off by the lower stat values at 280; a couple infusions will have it competing with the best of them. As it stands, Intellect is excellent for Gunslingers, but Strength is not quite as meaningful for a PvE-er. PvP, now that's a different story!
    As I've discussed before since TTK arrived, the CN has a nice niche as a good force for staggering Oryx, and still gives the Gunslinger a place as an instant threat against Majors in King's Fall Hard Mode and beyond. It's a little less important with the proliferation of Touch of Malice, but I have high hopes that Gunslinger too will get its due in December. It is perhaps with this optimism that I still maintain Celestial Nighthawk is an A tier for Gunslinger; there simply isn't much better right now for the benighted subclass. If you're going to use a non-meta PvE subclass, you might as well make your Super pack one serious punch. Downside? 4 orb max.
    Twist Fate? : Yes
    Again, Inverse Shadow is practically a must. I always prefer Infusion/Better Already, though if you're partial to Grenade/Melee energy, that's understandable. From what I've been told, the kiosk version has a "god roll". So if nothing's changed there, your decision is pretty simple, eh?

Warlock - The Impossible Machines
    - 43 Intellect/44 Strength
    You never really see these without Strength, huh? The Armory claims they can roll 53 Intellect/84 Strength/53 Discipline in some combination at 310, but every time I twist 'em I wind up with more Strength. Can anyone confirm an Int/Disc split is possible? Cuz that's what you'll want to aim for. 43/44 seem like high values for a 280 roll, regardless.
    I've got quite a high opinion for The Impossible Machines. Landfall, to me, is quite underrated in PvE. On the surface, you have a moderate damage initial blast that can't stack up to the huge cumulative total of a Transcendence-boosted Stormtrance, but in reality, that initial pop can be quite a game-changer in the right situations. The immediate damage can soften up yellow bar foes that would otherwise demand the majority of your time, and Superconductor is calling out for PvE use. In PvP, Ionic Blink is an under-appreciated second perk in the tree, and getting top billing with Landfall makes it rather potent. I would still give the Impossible Machines an A tier, just for the stun/disorient/burst DPS that tips the Stormcaller Super into realms of serious usefulness even in high-end content.
    Twist Fate? : Maybe
    Again, we don't exactly have an ideal roll. Snap Discharge is standard, but Momentum Transfer is arguably the lesser of the two options; Impact Induction will serve you better as a Warlock. In spite of this, these Gauntlets boast Sniper Rifle Loader, which is, in my opinion, the best reload option for Gauntlets currently in-game. Scout Rifle Loader is a decent consolation price for Tlaloc fans, too. All-in-all, if you're getting these 280s, I personally would probably not Twist 'em up.

Given you can buy those glass needles now, it's less of a help, but still handy

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

"Warlock - The Impossible Machines
    - 43 Intellect/44 Strength
    You never really see these without Strength, huh? "

Apparently you can't re-roll these without strength (according to people on Reddit) - so save your needles.

Anyone after a headset? Sony Playstation Wireless 2.0 headset is £49.99 on Amazon.

Available in black and white.

That's a great price for a great headset, just play nice putting it on and taking it off....

Don't keep drunkingly yanking the headset off every time u run to the bathroom

• Advertisement

That's a great price for a great headset, just play nice putting it on and taking it off....

Don't keep drunkingly yanking the headset off every time u run to the bathroom

The plastic hinges are a weak point alright, mine went on one side but a bit of tape sorted them out. The onscreen battery/mic indicator is handy and the sound quality is great.

Still, if you take good care of them it shouldn't be a problem. You could always put the masking tape on as soon as you take them out of the box, you know, to save you the trouble of doing it afterwards! :pac::pac:

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    The plastic hinges are a weak point alright, mine went on one side but a bit of tape sorted them out. The onscreen battery/mic indicator is handy and the sound quality is great.

Still, if you take good care of them it shouldn't be a problem. You could always put the masking tape on as soon as you take them out of the box, you know, to save you the trouble of doing it afterwards! :pac::pac:

Feck that, I am using the set that came with the ps4, also the headphones that came with my s6 are quiet good to use aswell.

Feck that, I am using the set that came with the ps4, also the headphones that came with my s6 are quiet good to use aswell.

Yeah, this kicks 7 shades of s**t out of the headset that comes with the PS4 tbh.

It's a (normally) €99 headset that performs more like a €200 headset

I've been shopping around for headsets and the feedback I've seen after all my research is that if you're not getting Astro A-50s or Turtlebeach Stealth 800s (bot of which are €250-€300), then these are the best thing to have full stop.

Proper headsets are helpful for regular Co-op play imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

So for all you guys at 310+ light, have exotic engrams been decrypting at 320? Is it as high a sucess rate as 310?

I'm hoarding all my engrams untill I reach 310 (I'm a feeble 308). Looking back now at the 20 or so I decrypted after cheesing 3 of coins I really regret decypting ALL of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've yet to do VoG and CE on my 2 alt characters so I'd be up for it tonight if there's any thirst for forming a 4th raiding party

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

CDBWhoop wrote: »

+1 for the headset - got them about a year now and have had no issues with them. You can even download the Destiny audio profile* for them.

* Have no idea what it does, or if it even does anything.

thegame983 wrote: »
    So for all you guys at 310+ light, have exotic engrams been decrypting at 320? Is it as high a sucess rate as 310?

I'm hoarding all my engrams untill I reach 310 (I'm a feeble 308). Looking back now at the 20 or so I decrypted after cheesing 3 of coins I really regret decypting ALL of them.

There's no such thing as 320 exotics now.

Chances of them being 310 (once you are 300+ decrypting them) is about 2 in 5 (40%), the rest of the time they are 290

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

There's no such thing as 320 exotics now.

Chances of them being 310 (once you are 300+ decrypting them) is about 2 in 5 (40%), the rest of the time they are 290

Oh balls. So the only 320 items are the legendaries you get from King's Fall Hard mode?

Yeah, this kicks 7 shades of s**t out of the headset that comes with the PS4 tbh.

It's a (normally) €99 headset that performs more like a €200 headset

I've been shopping around for headsets and the feedback I've seen after all my research is that if you're not getting Astro A-50s or Turtlebeach Stealth 800s (bot of which are €250-€300), then these are the best thing to have full stop.

Proper headsets are helpful for regular Co-op play imho

Ill just have to pick them up in the new year so, cant spend any more on the ps4 after getting COD :(

• Advertisement

thegame983 wrote: »
    Oh balls. So the only 320 items are the legendaries you get from King's Fall Hard mode?

Yes
    Ill just have to pick them up in the new year so, cant spend any more on the ps4 after getting COD :(

You won't be disappointed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement