Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,957 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon blade dancer may have been nerfed as health regen without a shotgun counter may have been OP. could run into the exact same issue with hammer titan so their accidental health nerf could work there too. Still think storm trance, and the storm melee are way overpowered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I reckon blade dancer may have been nerfed as health regen without a shotgun counter may have been OP. could run into the exact same issue with hammer titan so their accidental health nerf could work there too. Still think storm trance, and the storm melee are way overpowered though.

Shotguns are still in the game, their damage has been buffed 20%.

Sloppy work, easiest would have been to hold off on the update until they fixed these issues with regen.

The rangefinder perk on Shotguns make them ADS QUICKER rather than 25% slower. Good going Bungo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Forgive my ignorance on the ins and outs of hungering blade bug, but is everyone freaking about the bug since they announced it? I've honestly never seen any posts / comments / complaints about it, either here or on Reddit, before the patch notes.

Further gaming observations from last night. Hawkmoon was impressive for me, having never been a viable choice previously. Moved to Last Word and sniper for a few games. Sniper is a no go for me now... I die far too frequently and spent the game running for special crates.

Last Word was incredibly impressive at close and medium range. ADS with it was even a viable option. Used it with sidearm to great effect. Was surprised with my positive k/d's.

Hand cannons in general felt more solid last night. I must look at getting (keeping) some decent roll legendary ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Truth was massively OP in pvp, didn't deserve to have its ammo capacity reduced to one though.

Yeah but it was really really funny!

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance on the ins and outs of hungering blade bug, but is everyone freaking about the bug since they announced it?

Think what happened was it unintentionally affected guns/perks that gave you back a little health in certain circumstances. So the Red Death/Suros perk that does that no longer does, voidwalker has a number of these perks as do some other classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Fair enough Truth was OP in PvP, but they've made it fairly redundant for both game types now. Hard to classify it as an exotic at all. Could anyone recommend me a decent Rocket launcher beyond Gjallerhorn. I figure the IB rocket launcher was pretty decent but couldn't get one to drop last time. Any suggestions folks!!

Also I thought the 20% shotgun buff applied to PvE only. Would it make any difference in PvP. They're OHKs generally anyway. Kill you 20% more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

McMafia77 wrote:
    Fair enough Truth was OP in PvP, but they've made it fairly redundant for both game types now. Hard to classify it as an exotic at all. Could anyone recommend me a decent Rocket launcher beyond Gjallerhorn. I figure the IB rocket launcher was pretty decent but couldn't get one to drop last time. Any suggestions folks!!

The Ash Factory is my go to legendary RL. Has tripod and cluster bombs, and decent velocity.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Also I thought the 20% shotgun buff applied to PvE only. Would it make any difference in PvP. They're OHKs generally anyway. Kill you 20% more?

Yeah, the 20% is PVE only. (or that is the intention - they may have bugged it in to PVP!)

The 20% increase in PVE is to take account of shotguns no longer having a crit multiplier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Struggle to see how Truth was really that OP. I mean it was marginally better than a well rolled legendary launcher and you were losing your exotic for it to get a max of 3 kills a game which you'd likely get with a legendary anyway. Just a pointless nerf. It was however very fun to use so another bad mark against a game which has been getting less and less fun in PvP..

I really only IB for PvP. Really don't use exotics for primary/secondary so more often than not would use the Truth. sadface

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You want the Truth...... you cant handle the truth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I used to just equip Truth for when the singular heavy ammo box in PvP spawned in. Use my 3 rockets and change back to my Tormonds Bellows

I used to just equip Truth for when the singular heavy ammo box in PvP spawned in. Use my 3 rockets and change back to my Tormonds Bellows

Yeah - a lot of people would take that approach to heavy. I don't see Adams comment of sacrificing an exotic pick on heavy ringing true from a PVP perspective, particularly in Trials. You swapped, fired off your rounds, swapped back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

McMafia77 wrote: »
    I figure the IB rocket launcher was pretty decent but couldn't get one to drop last time. Any suggestions folks!!

Head on over to Dead Orbit, best available to purchase. Your other option is to wait for an Ash Factory to drop in Crucible.
    gimli2112 wrote: »

If the gun does more damage then it would be able to finish off kills from a greater distance.
    Yeah, the 20% is PVE only. (or that is the intention - they may have bugged it in to PVP!)

The 20% increase in PVE is to take account of shotguns no longer having a crit multiplier.

That may well be the case but it's not specifically stated that way, soooo I wouldn't be one bit surprised.

Oh and check this **** out, rescue mag in effect:)

mrJKBDz.gif

They specifically said in the stream that the 20% increase was for PVE, to compensate. Not the first time there has been a PVE only buff for shotguns.

They could have screwed it up and applied it in PVP too - but I have seen not comments from the community that this is the case, so I will assume this is one fix they got right - the 20% increase is PVE only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah - a lot of people would take that approach to heavy. I don't see Adams comment of sacrificing an exotic pick on heavy ringing true from a PVP perspective, particularly in Trials. You swapped, fired off your rounds, swapped back.

Maybe in year 1. Nowadays who even bothers switching? You get 1 box a game and in Trials the round is normally over before the box is even opened. Tbh the nerf doesn't bother me at all as I had gotten too lazy to even bother switching to Truth (though I've not played in quite a while), but the logic behind it seems pretty crap, as with a lot of these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Suros JLB 47 from the Gunsmith can roll pretty well. Something like 80% Velocity, 80% Blast Radius, Grenades and Horseshoes, Javelin, 2 in the Mag.

For all the mistakes made in the patch, and contentious changes - all the feedback I am seeing from the community members I follow (TrueVanguard, Mrs5000Watts, Lumi, Ninja, Fallout, MTashed and others) is that the gameplay in crucible last night was good fun - the buffed autos feeling good, the handcannons feeling good, the high impact pulse rifles feeling good etc. Looking forward to giving it a proper go over the next few days - only had a chance for some PVE patrol last night. Maybe get another night of a team of 6 on like we did last week! MAYBE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No Destiny for anyone tonight, server maintenance from 5pm until 1am.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/831693422461227010

wow - thats really bad form from Bungie.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

A shame as I was hoping to get in a few matches on crucible tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Probably getting that Titan super glitch sorted....

Just only catching up with the thread as I haven't been checking in a while, I'm happy to continue playing Destiny 2 on PS4 even with the PC version looming, it's most likely going to stay having exclusive stuff for another few years anyway...

The wee lads in our house have turned the PC into the kitchen Overwatch machine so I haven't a hope of getting near it regularly unless I build my own and financially that's out of the question for now...

Can't wait for the PC dìck waving elite to come in here telling me how their PC version has the best framerate and 4K experience while my paultry PS4 Pro was never capable of Destiny 2 in the first place... (Sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

wow - thats really bad form from Bungie.
    wexdevil wrote: »
    A shame as I was hoping to get in a few matches on crucible tonight.

409374.PNG

Actually - from reading the actual note and not just the tweet (Bad Mitch.... BAD)
    Service Warning
    We will be conducting general server maintenance tomorrow. Players should not be removed from any activities they are currently in.

No Downtime Expected: There is expected to be minimal player impact during this Server Maintenance. Players who are returned to the title screen should be able to resume uninterrupted gameplay after logging back in. Players who encounter other issues should report them to the #Help forum. This Server Maintenance will not introduce any content or changes to Destiny.

So, I may see some of you in some PVP tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can't wait for the PC dìck waving elite to come in here telling me how their PC version has the best framerate and 4K experience while my paultry PS4 Pro was never capable of Destiny 2 in the first place... (Sigh)

Well in the forum there will be no d**k waving going on unless its me putting another pokemon picture up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well in the forum there will be no d**k waving going on unless its me putting another pokemon picture up :pac:

Like this yeah?

DzmEEJt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonnycivic wrote: »

aaH8ZvW.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fieldog wrote: »

The likelihood of that happening will be greatly reduced if folks don't start throwing remarks like this around, so it would be very much appreciated if this is the last time it happens. Thanks.
    :)

/mod

Has a PC version actually been confirmed or is it just speculation at this point?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement