Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seen nothing more than "highly likely"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »

The likelihood of that happening will be greatly reduced if folks don't start throwing remarks like this around, so it would be very much appreciated if this is the last time it happens. Thanks.
    :)

/mod

Has a PC version actually been confirmed or is it just speculation at this point?

No confirmation on a PC version, all speculation but I would hope they would have something released by Paddy's day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mickeroo wrote: »

The likelihood of that happening will be greatly reduced if folks don't start throwing remarks like this around, so it would be very much appreciated if this is the last time it happens. Thanks.
    :)

/mod

Has a PC version actually been confirmed or is it just speculation at this point?

I'd say it's 90% confirmed - they may need to delay it til a few months after console release a la GTA but I think it may be a given...

Prepare for the influx... :D

We might need a few new mods to deal with them also...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd say it's 90% confirmed - they may need to delay it til a few months after console release a la GTA but I think it may be a given...

No real need. Mickeroo has some nifty scripts or whatnot running that flags any potential and/or real console/pc war. Trust me, I know. Yellow card holder. :p

Look at him, sitting there, just WAITING for the next one. ;)

computer-geek.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No real need. Mickeroo has some nifty scripts or whatnot running that flags any potential and/or real console/pc war. Trust me, I know. Yellow card holder. :p

Look at him, sitting there, just WAITING for the next one. ;)

computer-geek.jpg

Yellow card for mistaking my sexy face as that of Mickey's face :pac:

• Advertisement

There shall be only 1 :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    There shall be only 1 :P

Did you denounce your awesome modship?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Would ye believe because of the Destiny 2 PC rumours me and some of the other reddit guys had to go and claim possible sub-reddit names to cut any PCMR carry on off at the pass. So I now own the likes of /r/DestinyPCMR just so no one else can *groans*

Modding reddit if Destiny comes to PC will be a whole pile of fun. I mean if the Overwatch subreddit is anything to go by. A WHOLE PILE OF FUN :):):):):) *eye twitches*

I got carded back in the Great War OG "Which console, PS4 of X-Box One" thread. I see it as "I was there" moment. Thank F**k for those charter changes is all I'll say.

I got carded for calling an ex-Man Utd boss a bad name. Some topics just bring out the stupid in you.

Did you denounce your awesome modship?

:D

Never, I have beheaded all my competition....... so far :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I got carded for calling an ex-Man Utd boss a bad name. Some topics just bring out the stupid in you.

Should have been site banned. GGMU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should have been site banned. GGMU

Nah, its ok if it was Moyes.

Ohhhh United Fans are still a thing? I thought that all died out about 3 years ago :)

Ohhhh United Fans are still a thing? I thought that all died out about 3 years ago :)

You mean last time arsenal looked like they could win a title? Or was that 5 years ago? Or 10?

You mean last time arsenal looked like they could win a title? Or was that 5 years ago? Or 10?

LOL

Football isn't about winning or trophies.... it's about completed stadiums, London Flats sold, profits, good ethics, not criticising your players, Champions League qualifiers, Cigarettes in nightclubs being headline news, underperforming British players, lots of metrosexual haircuts, bad tattoos, years or Conference league goalkeepers.

Get your priorities straight fake football fans :rolleyes:

Pfft. How long have Liverpool waited for a League Trophy?

Pfft. Football in general. Bunch of namby pamby prima donnas going down at the slightest hint of a tackle or someone being in their immediate vicinity. Long gone are the days of Chopper Harris and his ilk.

I too enjoy 7 hours of "Off the Ball" Rugby analysis and speculation a week :)

kill me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Listening to the loot cast and generics iron banner tables on reddit got a mention. Brought a smile to my grumpy face.

gimli2112 wrote: »

See the Chelsea fan coming into the Liverpool thread today for an oul gloat?

Nearly as bad as the other lot

As soon as the word plastic and flags was mentioned in the one sentence the yellows were out... :D

• Advertisement

Listening to the loot cast and generics iron banner tables on reddit got a mention. Brought a smile to my grumpy face.

Whats that? I'm gonna guess this was an old episode or something?

Whats that? I'm gonna guess this was an old episode or something?

Nah, this week's episode. The guest was talking about Iron banner back in the day, and the bounty increases per day - said on reddit there was tables full of all the info on how much you'd need to play each day, with all the math. Clearly talking about your iron banner stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is it just me who finds it hard to pick up crests in Supremacy? I could put together one serious montage of me running, walking, sliding, landing on, twirling around, and moonwalking through them without picking them up.

PetKing wrote: »
    Is it just me who finds it hard to pick up crests in Supremacy? I could put together one serious montage of me running, walking, sliding, landing on, twirling around, and moonwalking through them without picking them up.

Not just you. I have same issue, only for some fecker behind me to pick it up as HE runs through them no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That would be tough tbh. Destiny is prob the first game that I played regularly on my PS4, before that I was PC all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it harder to cap points since the latest patch?

Played a few games of control last night and it seemed like it was, though I could just be rusty as fcuk after not playing for a few months

Players on both teams were only capping 1-2 points max each in a match

Sounds like skill based matchmaking in affect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sounds like skill based matchmaking in affect :P

Could well be :D

Definitely noticed a change for whatever reason anyway

Is it harder to cap points since the latest patch?

Played a few games of control last night and it seemed like it was, though I could just be rusty as fcuk after not playing for a few months

Once you cap your 2 points, you don't need to cap any more, and if your team is good enough, you won't need to recap them either.

Caveat to that is if you come against the roaming marauder teams.

• Advertisement

Logged on this morning to get the NF Sunrise bounties. Forgot to cash the Hunter one last week. No Icebreaker and only 2 chances to get it this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement