Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I played 1 game last night - 5 caps in it for myself, got that daily bounty knocked out in one. Felt no different capping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tried out the patch last night. Think I had 9 caps in a game so that's definitely not changed :pac:

Pity itwas probably a higher number than the amount of kills I was getting, couldn't hit anything. Felt like I constantly had special though, every 60 seconds feels constant.

Quickly checked DTR, my average lifespan is 77 seconds, whilst this is definitely skewed by Trials it gives some insight, if you're staying alive for ~30 seconds you'll have special for most of the game.

Meta felt awful (though I was awful myself so hard to tell), everything is so so weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Crazy how long they have to slam Aksis. Must be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Trying to get to 10 crucible wins with my Warlock for the Dead Orbit bounty.... man its tough! on 7 at the moment. Got a nice Eyasluna on my travels though - Outlaw, Reinforced Barrel and Luck in the Chamber. Had a bit of fun with it in the one match I played with it. 2 tapping is a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Trying to get to 10 crucible wins with my Warlock for the Dead Orbit bounty.... man its tough! on 7 at the moment. Got a nice Eyasluna on my travels though - Outlaw, Reinforced Barrel and Luck in the Chamber. Had a bit of fun with it in the one match I played with it. 2 tapping is a laugh.

I got one the other day with Hidden Hand, Rifle Barreled, and Hot Swap. I'd lose the hot swap of I could. Find it a bit underwhelming compared to other HC's. On paper same RoF as Hawkmoon but it feels much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

People going on about the Hopscotch again, may have to take it out of the vault, not sure what my 400 LL one rolled with. Also what's with the Wormwood sidearm. Thought all sidearms were the same except the perks that roll with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Got a great Eyasluna roll:
    Outlaw | snapshot | hidden hand.

Also got a great roll on The Wail FWC hand cannon:
    Quickdraw | smallbore | hidden hand.

Both great hand cannons, I'm leaning towards The Wail though.

Also, the vendor Wormwood... Holy s#it, that is a beast! I'm really sorry I didn't record my gameplay with it last night, won several 3 v 1's with it, which I had no right winning really :pac:

I'm really glad they've buffed hand cannons again. They just feel more fun to use, Hawksaw is still a beast too but it's nice to have a choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    People going on about the Hopscotch again, may have to take it out of the vault, not sure what my 400 LL one rolled with. Also what's with the Wormwood sidearm. Thought all sidearms were the same except the perks that roll with them?

They added a few archetypes to the sidearm in ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They added a few archetypes to the sidearm in ROI

I don't understand it myself - just buy the vendor Wormwood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I don't understand it myself - just buy the vendor Wormwood :)

There are actually six Sidearm archetypes in total if you include Dreg's Promise and Trespasser which appear to be in archetypes of their own. There are four legendary archetypes.

There is a second factor that you need to take into account with sidearms, and that's hitscan (when you shoot, the bullet hits where you were aiming immediately) vs projectile (the bullet has velocity and takes time to reach your target). A clear example of hitscan is a sniper rifle — you shoot, they dead. A clear example of projectile is a rocket launcher — you shoot, er wait a bit until it gets there... ok, they're dead. You never want projectile sidearms as you have to lead your targets.

The best archetype is the 94 rate of fire / 12 impact type. A few sidearms fit into this category including the Wormwood (from FWC), Jabberhakke-D (available from special weapon engrams), Conviction II (from Y2 New Monarchy), Ironwreath-D (from Y2 Iron Banner). Vestian Dynasty and Queen's Choice are the correct Rof / Impact, but both are projectile, so don't use them.

The very best sidearm however is supposedly Crow's Eye from Challenge of the Elders. It's from the 91 rof / 15 impact archetype, but despite that, I believe the reason it's good now is, instead of sight options, it offers barrel mods, which means that the barrels can influence range and impact. With Linear Compensator (or any other barrel that increases impact) means that you can kill with 4 body shots (vs the normal TTK of this archetype: 1 crit and 3 body shots / 5 body shots).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

2 Words.... Havoc Pigeon

2 Words.... Havoc Pigeon

91/15

The Havoc Pigeon pours scorn on your stats.
    Nerds!

Dude, Nev and other collectors. I see mention of an ultra rare ship for sale ATM, the CX20 Slipper Misfit. Its first time for sale in 600 days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Serbian wrote: »
    There are actually six Sidearm archetypes in total if you include Dreg's Promise and Trespasser which appear to be in archetypes of their own. There are four legendary archetypes.

There is a second factor that you need to take into account with sidearms, and that's hitscan (when you shoot, the bullet hits where you were aiming immediately) vs projectile (the bullet has velocity and takes time to reach your target). A clear example of hitscan is a sniper rifle — you shoot, they dead. A clear example of projectile is a rocket launcher — you shoot, er wait a bit until it gets there... ok, they're dead. You never want projectile sidearms as you have to lead your targets.

The best archetype is the 94 rate of fire / 12 impact type. A few sidearms fit into this category including the Wormwood (from FWC), Jabberhakke-D (available from special weapon engrams), Conviction II (from Y2 New Monarchy), Ironwreath-D (from Y2 Iron Banner). Vestian Dynasty and Queen's Choice are the correct Rof / Impact, but both are projectile, so don't use them.

The very best sidearm however is supposedly Crow's Eye from Challenge of the Elders. It's from the 91 rof / 15 impact archetype, but despite that, I believe the reason it's good now is, instead of sight options, it offers barrel mods, which means that the barrels can influence range and impact. With Linear Compensator (or any other barrel that increases impact) means that you can kill with 4 body shots (vs the normal TTK of this archetype: 1 crit and 3 body shots / 5 body shots).

I can recommend Crow's Eye, very tasty indeed. Queen's Choice is solid enough, despite the lack of hitscan.

PetKing wrote: »
    Dude, Nev and other collectors. I see mention of an ultra rare ship for sale ATM, the CX20 Slipper Misfit. Its first time for sale in 600 days ;)

Collection is complete!

And by complete I mean everything except Glass Minuet cause **** that ship, Nanophoenix cause **** Bungie and their math and of course the one I truly desire, Chasing Infinity, Bungie need to release this again.

I acquired and dismantled Xur's tag. Got two exotic engrams for my troubles. How bad.

• Advertisement

TWAB last night....

Iron Banner is back next week. YAY. Its Supremacy. BOOOO. Won't be going near that unless we can get an actual team together, which based on the last month is highly unlikely!

A number of fixes are in testing and were also highlighted in the TWAB.

Skorri is in line for a nerf - will require a kill to activate and run for a minute, thats the change they are testing at the moment.
    No Land Beyond is getting a proper flinch applied.
    Side arms are getting a change which should minimize the ammo they spawn with.
    BladeDancer blink might be getting its recovery nerf denerfed.
    Truth may be going to 2 rounds in the mag and a higher reload speed.

Apparently next week we are going to get the info on what is coming in March.

I quite liked Supremacy last time round, although it may have been the novelty factor as I generally don't use shotguns. The fact they've been nerfed will lead to changes. Sidearms, sidearms everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I really need to start doing nightfalls so I can get Icebreaker again. I think I've only done 3-4 since it came back

:/

wexdevil wrote: »
    I really need to start doing nightfalls so I can get Icebreaker again. I think I've only done 3-4 since it came back

:/

Got it last weekend and felt awesome using it again, just the sound is amazing.
    IB was almost a requirement in the early days of Year 1 NFs. It's nice to have now but no big deal if you haven't got it.
    This is so much easier to say now I have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

TWAB last night....

Iron Banner is back next week. YAY. Its Supremacy. BOOOO. Won't be going near that unless we can get an actual team together, which based on the last month is highly unlikely!

A number of fixes are in testing and were also highlighted in the TWAB.

Skorri is in line for a nerf - will require a kill to activate and run for a minute, thats the change they are testing at the moment.
    No Land Beyond is getting a proper flinch applied.
    Side arms are getting a change which should minimize the ammo they spawn with.
    BladeDancer blink might be getting its recovery nerf denerfed.
    Truth may be going to 2 rounds in the mag and a higher reload speed.

Apparently next week we are going to get the info on what is coming in March.

These changes should have been included in the last patch. If they released the patch notes early most of these changes would have been picked up just by reading the notes.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Collection is complete!

And by complete I mean everything except Glass Minuet cause **** that ship, Nanophoenix cause **** Bungie and their math and of course the one I truly desire, Chasing Infinity, Bungie need to release this again.

I have the Glass minuet and the one more blue ship to get before I am done. Finally got the Nanophoenix last week - bumped into Rahndel the perfected in the same run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nelhenna

dudeeile wrote: »
    Collection is complete!

In relation to Chasing Infinity, it dropped for me a few weeks ago from a random Queen's Wrath bounty?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Like wise on the ship dude. Dropped for me after killing 100 taken bounty i think after Christmas. Still working on the dead orbit ships myself, is crucible the best bet for frat ion ships.?

riggerman wrote: »
    Like wise on the ship dude. Dropped for me after killing 100 taken bounty i think after Christmas. Still working on the dead orbit ships myself, is crucible the best bet for frat ion ships.?

If you have strange coins to spare (who doesn't at this stage), buy heavy ammo synths and trade for rep. Trading weapons parts/armour material is another good way to get rep- as you can buy those for glimmer and then trade to the factions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Same week as start of new season in overwatch, seems like a bad idea on their part, surely they should have done it this week with lull in overwatch

I mean as far as I can see they share a similar playerbase, as usual it just seems poorly thought out by bungie like a lot of their stuff lately,

I'd defo have played this week but not a hope am I moving between the two of them next week with placement matches etc.

Maybe I'm in a minority here though just a thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement