Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

TWAB last night....

TWAB?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

PetKing wrote: »
    TWAB?

The/this week at bungie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Same week as start of new season in overwatch, seems like a bad idea on their part, surely they should have done it this week with lull in overwatch

I mean as far as I can see they share a similar playerbase, as usual it just seems poorly thought out by bungie like a lot of their stuff lately,

I'd defo have played this week but not a hope am I moving between the two of them next week with placement matches etc.

Maybe I'm in a minority here though just a thought.

Overwatch is a PC game, Destiny is a console game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think if Bungie started making changes in order to accommodate other games schedules it'd be kinda sounding the death knell for it

I'll probably give IB a miss for the same reason myself though.

Happy enough just to play the odd bit of Control or Skirmish now and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Went calcified fragment hunting last night as there wasn't much else doing and wanted to kick off the touch of malice quest.

Have them all bar most of the raid ones and two court of Oryx L3 ones.
    Couldn't believe were most of them were, places I'd pass constantly and never noticed a bit of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks be aware there was a Cloudfare breach in the last few days. Bungie seem to be caught up somehow along with a few of the frequent Destiny friendly sites. I've changed my Xbox password along with passwords for destinyexotics.com and thetrackernetwork.com

Thread from the Xbox subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5w5bpk/psa_cdkeys_was_possibly_affected_by_cloudbleed/

Check other sites your concerned about here

http://www.doesitusecloudflare.com/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Folks be aware there was a Cloudfare breach in the last few days. Bungie seem to be caught up somehow along with a few of the frequent Destiny friendly sites. I've changed my Xbox password along with passwords for destinyexotics.com and thetrackernetwork.com

Thread from the Xbox subreddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5w5bpk/psa_cdkeys_was_possibly_affected_by_cloudbleed/

Check other sites your concerned about here

http://www.doesitusecloudflare.com/

Just on this, so everyone is aware Boards also uses cloudfare so check this out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Just on this, so everyone is aware Boards also uses cloudfare so check this out :D

No cached data has been discovered for Boards so it should be fine. Still no harm in changing your password though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Looking at the weekly reset...

This week's Nightfall is: Fallen S.A.B.E.R

Modifiers are:
    - EPIC: Heavily shielded enemies
    - Brawler: Melee damage is greatly increased
    - Grounded: Take more damage in the air
    - Chaff: Radar disabled
    - Fresh troops: Enemies have additional reinforcements

Not looking forward to this at all. Might give it a miss this week - The WARSAT is a nightmare.

Heroic modifiers are:
    - Heroic
    - Void burn
    - Brawler
    - Ironclad

Finally, all 3 factions (FWC, NM & DO) are accepting Spinmetal

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking at the weekly reset...

This week's Nightfall is: Fallen S.A.B.E.R

Modifiers are:
    - EPIC: Heavily shielded enemies
    - Brawler: Melee damage is greatly increased
    - Grounded: Take more damage in the air
    - Chaff: Radar disabled
    - Fresh troops: Enemies have additional reinforcements

Not looking forward to this at all. Might give it a miss this week - The WARSAT is a nightmare.

Heroic modifiers are:
    - Heroic
    - Void burn
    - Brawler
    - Ironclad

Finally, all 3 factions (FWC, NM & DO) are accepting Spinmetal

Ye'll be fine as long as you don't try it with three hunters. That was a bad day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ye'll be fine as long as you don't try it with three hunters. That was a bad day!

Eh, unlimited Blade Dance/unlimited hammers would easily destroy most things at warsat stage so with that in mind this should be fairly handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've not played the game for a few weeks, before that I exclusively played the crucible, not much interest in the missions, but I just turned the game on today and all game modes in the crucible are locked?

Any ideas?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I've not played the game for a few weeks, before that I exclusively played the crucible, not much interest in the missions, but I just turned the game on today and all game modes in the crucible are locked?

Any ideas?

Your ps+ sub expire? If it hasn't try a license restore.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tyson Fury wrote: »

Any ideas?

Did your PS+ subscription expire?

If it has, 1 month only costs 99c atm

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/reward_game/playstationplus-1-month-membership/cid=IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS1MX99C

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

LoL yeah my subscription expired! Duh :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45700/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--03022017

New TWAB,
    Tomorrow, we’ll begin the conversation about what’s next, including some fresh challenges for you to tackle and the sandbox changes that were previewed last week. This article will hit the blog at 9AM Pacific. You should expect an announcement and a reveal schedule. You’ll be able to update your calendars. The countdown is about to begin.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm still working through the current challenges :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

wexdevil wrote: »

My money is on a SIVA POE / COE - Maybe an updated Skolas fight?

With D2 so close, I can't imagine too much work going into the final update.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Going to go with a vault of glass update with fatebringer making a comeback

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

riggerman wrote: »
    Going to go with a vault of glass update with fatebringer making a comeback

If only. Very surprised if they updated Fatebringer. It would make it only the second Primary with a burn, it would be the second Arc burn primary, and it would be a Legendary.

What I'd prefer the do is bring back VoC. Overall best Primary in the game it was. FB was good, especially for Arc Burn Strikes and NF's, but VoC was overall the better weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The could bring back Fatebringer (and Vision of Confluence and all the others) without burn, imo and I think people would still be happy to see them back. Maybe do similar to the WoTM guns and give them significant bonus damage to Vex opponents (and give the Crota stuff bonus vs Hive)

On the other hand, why not bring them back with burns? Yes, it can unbalance the weapon usage in PvE where burns are active but, basically, so what? It would be fun, and a Fatebringer with Arc burn is going to pull more people back into the game (for however long/short) than a non Arc burn version at 400.

The bigger problem in the game at the moment is PvP balance. An arc burn fatebringer isn't going to make that any worse but it would create more fun/enjoyment in PvE.

If they bought back VOC or fatebringer you just know they'd forget about some change in the meta and the next thing everyone is running with FB in PvP.

In fairness to Bungie when they make changes it doesn't seem to adversely affect one mode over the other. The Division is gas. They want to improve PvP so they do and inadvertently break about six things in PvE. Although they do have the whole console / PC thing going which brings other challenges Destiny doesn't have.

The could bring back Fatebringer (and Vision of Confluence and all the others) without burn, imo and I think people would still be happy to see them back. Maybe do similar to the WoTM guns and give them significant bonus damage to Vex opponents (and give the Crota stuff bonus vs Hive)

On the other hand, why not bring them back with burns? Yes, it can unbalance the weapon usage in PvE where burns are active but, basically, so what? It would be fun, and a Fatebringer with Arc burn is going to pull more people back into the game (for however long/short) than a non Arc burn version at 400.

The bigger problem in the game at the moment is PvP balance. An arc burn fatebringer isn't going to make that any worse but it would create more fun/enjoyment in PvE.

This is part of the reason why they got RID of burn primaries. It made the activities with burn modifiers too easy, and everyone was running pretty much the same loadout, so there was no diversity in the game.

I'd be highly, but happily, surprised if they re-did VoG/CE and their loots.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If they bought back VOC or fatebringer you just know they'd forget about some change in the meta and the next thing everyone is running with FB in PvP.

In fairness to Bungie when they make changes it doesn't seem to adversely affect one mode over the other. The Division is gas. They want to improve PvP so they do and inadvertently break about six things in PvE. Although they do have the whole console / PC thing going which brings other challenges Destiny doesn't have.

If they brough Fatebringer back as it was, it would be fairly poop in PVP. The base range on it was poor (by comparison to the meta ones) so if they don't change that then the top ones we have now would still be better. It would, I reckon, still be a PvE beast though.

Same with VoC, it would be good but I think there are currently better options in PvP.

Timepiece (is that what it was called?) could be quality - think it is the Clever Dragon/Grasp archetype.

Preatorian Foil is apparently an amazing fusion in PvP, so a 400 version of it could become a hot weapon (though the current special ammo/sirearm meta would restrict it).

Can't think of the other VoG weapons off the top of my head.

The LMG was awesome - corrective measures, how could you forget that one? :)

Yeah I had the preatorian foil, that was one rare gun. Very good for taking out the oracles

The Vex of course - they had no idea how to deal with it in PvP so they broke it. Like they did with the pocket infinity.

Fast firing shotgun was quite popular - can't remember what it was called.

This is part of the reason why they got RID of burn primaries. It made the activities with burn modifiers too easy, and everyone was running pretty much the same loadout, so there was no diversity in the game.

I'd be highly, but happily, surprised if they re-did VoG/CE and their loots.

yeah - I get their reason for doing it then - but the Destiny community and activity was different then than it is now. Giving us burn primaries again would, i think, have a chance of engaging people back in PvE for a while. Destiny has an engagement problem that it didn't when burn primaries were removed.

yeah - I get their reason for doing it then - but the Destiny community and activity was different then than it is now. Giving us burn primaries again would, i think, have a chance of engaging people back in PvE for a while. Destiny has an engagement problem that it didn't when burn primaries were removed.

This is true. Would get me back in to get all the rewards for 400, to further fill my vault.

I'd love a proper, true, transmog mechanic. The VoG Titan armour is still the best looking armour in the game to me.

What is transmog?

• Advertisement

What is transmog?

You take 2 pieces of gear/2 weapons, and you can make your most powerful piece of gear look like the 2nd. So imagine having the WotM raid gear look like the VoG raid gear, while maintaining all the original perks. Its a proper cosmetic modifying mechanic, much more extensive than the current one the game has.

It's a staple in WoW and Diablo 3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement