Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

If they brough Fatebringer back as it was, it would be fairly poop in PVP. The base range on it was poor (by comparison to the meta ones) so if they don't change that then the top ones we have now would still be better. It would, I reckon, still be a PvE beast though.

Sure isn't Lingering Song the new OP HC? 2 shots and everything :P
    gimli2112 wrote:
    The LMG was awesome - corrective measures, how could you forget that one?

Cool scope, surprisingly stable for fast RoF, and holds 5'700 in the magazine. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Praedyth's Revenge would be tasty updated. Max stabilty sniper with very quick RoF. Practically a scout. The only thing I would really want is an updated Vex.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

This week, Xur is hanging out by the big door near the Speaker. You should finish your business with him before 9am GMT on Sunday, March 5.

As for his inventory, find out below:

Legacy engram [Helmet] – 29SC

An Insurmountable Skullfort [Exotic Titan helmet] – 13SC

ATS/8 Tarantella [Exotic Hunter chest armour] – 13SC

Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour] – 13SC

The 4th Horseman [Exotic shotgun] – 17SC

Three of Coins – 7SC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Praedyth's Revenge would be tasty updated. Max stabilty sniper with very quick RoF. Practically a scout. The only thing I would really want is an updated Vex.

Except not really at all..

Scope zoom, ammo etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Except not really at all..

Scope zoom, ammo etc..

Yeah abuses - how dare you use hyperbole to praise a gun and convey your like of it.

Little children could be reading that and think Revenge is actually the same as a scout rifle. Have you no shame!?

(Or.... FFS Adam, lighten up.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Oh no I'm awful

The Road Ahead
    0h - Destiny Dev Team
    Hey, everyone.

We are planning to reveal the final live event for the Destiny 1 era next Wednesday. We are calling it “Age of Triumph,†and we intend for it to be a fun and memorable celebration that will bring the first major chapter of our Destiny adventures to a fitting close. We will look back upon the three incredible years we’ve shared as a community, and look ahead to some final challenges and rewards that await you in the weeks ahead.

But first, we want to answer some important questions you’ve been asking about Destiny’s first full sequel.

Sequels represent the start of a new adventure for every player, with new worlds to explore, new stories to tell, new powers to acquire, new loot to earn, and much more. This led us to a decision that would enable us to serve both the game and the players best interests: Destiny 1 power, possessions, and Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

We know that, just like us, you have grown fond of the Guardians you’ve created, so we do plan to preserve your character personalization. We are going to recognize the dedication and passion you’ve shown for this world. Specifically, the class, race, gender, face, hair, and marking selections for all characters that have achieved Level 20 and completed the Black Garden story mission will carry forward. We also plan to award those veteran accounts with honors that reflect your Destiny 1 accomplishments.

We believe this is the best path forward. It allows us to introduce the major advancements and improvements that all of us expect from a sequel, ensuring it will be the best game we can create, unencumbered by the past. We’re looking forward to sharing more details with you later this year for how we will honor your legacy in the future.

Before we do that, we’re going to deliver “Age of Triumph†at the end of March. To show you what it’s all about, we’re planning a series of livestream showcases. We’ll be reintroducing you to some members of the Live Team, and they’ll be showing you the content and activity updates that they’ve been working on. The dates and times are listed below.

We kick things off next week.

Sorry about some of the text being corrupted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

riggerman wrote: »
    Do better next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Apology accepted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

Ouch, that's just being really mean.

dudeeile wrote: »

Eververse currency should carry forward but makes sense that all the bought stuff wouldn't.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Eververse-related items and currency will not carry forward. They will, however, remain accessible to you in Destiny 1.

Really sucks for those that have pumped 100s into it. Silver should carry forward though. Unless Eververse itself is being done away with, which can kinda be inferred from that statement.

Really sucks for those that have pumped 100s into it. Silver should carry forward though. Unless Eververse itself is being done away with, which can kinda be inferred from that statement.

Are there other games where loot box winnings carry forward to its sequel?

I personally think it should have been assumed destiny 1 purchases would be, simply, destiny 1 purchases.

Are there other games where loot box winnings carry forward to its sequel?

I personally think it should have been assumed destiny 1 purchases would be, simply, destiny 1 purchases.
    Purchases? No, not that I know of. It would be nice for the currency to transfer over

Purchases? No, not that I know of. It would be nice for the currency to transfer over

That's why I have little sympathy for the outpouring of salt over purchased emotes not being brought forward to destiny 2.i never saw that as a realistic prospect. It's a sequel, not an expansion.

The salt on reddit is incredible.

I suppose my opinion is colored by the fact I wanted a reset in destiny 2 - i want to experience the fun of loot drops again. I don't want to carry my guns over and simply continue using them for another 2 years. I don't want the gun and armor perk designs to be constricted by the current design.

I do think purchased silver should simply be a bungie / destiny currency, not just a destiny 1 currency.

That's why I have little sympathy for the outpouring of salt over purchased emotes not being brought forward to destiny 2.i never saw that as a realistic prospect. It's a sequel, not an expansion.

The salt on reddit is incredible.

I suppose my opinion is colored by the fact I wanted a reset in destiny 2 - i want to experience the fun of loot drops again. I don't want to carry my guns over and simply continue using them for another 2 years. I don't want the gun and armor perk designs to be constricted by the current design.

I do think purchased silver should simply be a bungie / destiny currency, not just a destiny 1 currency.
    To be honest, I'm surprised our character race and appearance choices are being brought forward. I expected them to go the route of Guild Wars. All your achievements in D1 wouod result in exclusive cosmetic items in D2 to show your legend. Thought they might do a Hall of Legends where your characters would be displayed on murals or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I think everyone bought into the notion that Destiny's 10 year game plan would mean same character and gear for the whole time with continued expansions.

From the Bungie.net forums, it's clear that expansions don't work as boredom seems to set in pretty quickly for many.

I'm glad there is a new game with nothing carrying forward, it puts everyone back on the same level playing field - It also gave Bungie a chance to review what worked and what didn't work in Destiny 1.

I can't wait :)

I figured the character would carry over, but never thought weapons would. some argument could be made for emblems and shaders, but i'm not bothered about that to be honest. Grimoire score should absolutely carry over though. I'll be annoyed if it doesn't.

The way I saw it - weapons and armor carrying over would have ruined the loot drops in the new game, as well as the structure and architecture for weapon and armor design (perk types and balance).

I can't wait to be getting properly new guns every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I hope to god there are not so many Archetypes of Weapon in D2.
    3 per type is sufficient. Makes balancing a nightmare otherwise for PvP.

"Oh low-mid Pulses are the Meta now that they nerfed Mid-Mid Pulses", gimme a freaking break.

4 Weapon types x3 Archetypes is still a choice of 12 primaries (assuming they stick with SC, HC, PR & AR)

I hope to god there are not so many Archetypes of Weapon in D2.
    3 per type is sufficient. Makes balancing a nightmare otherwise for PvP.

"Oh low-mid Pulses are the Meta now that they nerfed Mid-Mid Pulses", gimme a freaking break.

4 Weapon types x3 Archetypes is still a choice of 12 primaries (assuming they stick with SC, HC, PR & AR)

I think Bungie and the community both need to move beyond thinking everything should be viable everywhere.

It should be fine, and acceptable, that some guns are better in PVP or PVE than utterly viable in both. I think they also need to consider the same for perks and general usage of weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I want them to move away from "More is More" and stop throwing a load of ole s**t at a wall and seeing what sticks though.

It's fine at launch, day 1.... as the game gets patches, expansions, DLC, updates it becomes and unweildy mess.

And thats JUST the Archetypes, weapon perks are a whole other kettle of fish. I don't want every gun to be perfect in PvP.
    I just feel like 4 Pulse Rifles instead of 3 is superflous. No one is EVERY going to be using one of 3 Archetypes and, if they are well built and feel nice, think "Oh, but if there was only more varieties within this gun type - aside from perks"

Ideally now they can play Destiny 2s life cycle as a 2-3 year game fully from the bottom up based on what they learned from D1

Also, Current Gen only, which will be a HUGE help. Last gen Hamstrung the whole thing in a lot of aspects but far play on how they followed through on climbing to the summit instead of whatever the f**k Massive ended up doing with the Division

The game itself presents great value now for €30 (or whatever it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I figured the character would carry over, but never thought weapons would. some argument could be made for emblems and shaders, but i'm not bothered about that to be honest. Grimoire score should absolutely carry over though. I'll be annoyed if it doesn't.

Not bothered about weapons or armour carrying over, and understand why. Kind of pissed to be carrying over my characters from D1 though. Always regretted not having a female toon to hear the dainty clip clop running, and high pitched death screeches in crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My Hunter's a girl. Anything else is just preposterous.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

My 3 characters are:
    Warlock - Exo - Male
    Hunter - Awoken - Male
    Titan - Awoken - Female

regret not getting a human!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If we are talking the jump from Halo 1 to 2, or 2 to 3, we are in for one hell of a ride.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hunter Human Female
    Warlock Awoken Male (stupid head always wear helm)
    Titan Exo Male

Male Awoken Titan.
    Male Exo Hunter.
    Female Human Warlock.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    If we are talking the jump from Halo 1 to 2, or 2 to 3, we are in for one hell of a ride.... :)

I really am looking forward to the reveals and what they have invisioned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement