Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I really am looking forward to the reveals and what they have invisioned.

I wonder will we get a sniff before E3?

Might get a bit of concept art, that's probably about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fieldog wrote: »

Yeah - I'd say some teaser art at best. E3 will be the big kick off I reckon.

We'll get no further information in March for Destiny 2. We'll have the content drop, whatever it is, March 28th I guess and they will concentrate on letting that breath for the first couple of weeks anyway - getting them through the May would be their hope, i think. One we hit May we are a month away from E3, and they will start to tease then I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm not sure we will. Bungie aren't listed as one of the participating companies, and though Activision are, I'd say they will leave it to Bungie for all reveals, even concept art.

I think it might be July before anything concrete comes out. (Last D1 live activity is end March, so couple months of that being in the wild before they start seriously talking about D2, which would bring us to June/July)

New CoD due to Release in November, no new Battlefield game, SW BAttlefront 2 releasing Holidays 2017 (Assuming Thanksgiving time), I'd guess September/October release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd like to see a more developed narrative, with the lore better integrated into the game, rather than the cards they have now.

I'd also like it if they don't restrict content as the game develops. As in, including all available PvP maps and Strikes into rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Likedthe campaign but the story was a mess. I think it subsequently made more sense with the expansions but by that stage I was totally confused. Thought the story missions themselves were pretty solid gameplaywise and the music was awesome.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Likedthe campaign but the story was a mess. I think it subsequently made more sense with the expansions but by that stage I was totally confused. Thought the story missions themselves were pretty solid gameplaywise and the music was awesome.

TTK was what it SHOULD have been at launch, but it was completely avoidable considering the well known issues Bungie had before release, and the complete re-write.

I'm not sure we will. Bungie aren't listed as one of the participating companies, and though Activision are, I'd say they will leave it to Bungie for all reveals, even concept art.

I think it might be July before anything concrete comes out. (Last D1 live activity is end March, so couple months of that being in the wild before they start seriously talking about D2, which would bring us to June/July)

New CoD due to Release in November, no new Battlefield game, SW BAttlefront 2 releasing Holidays 2017 (Assuming Thanksgiving time), I'd guess September/October release date.

The Activision booth at E3 is HUGE this year, I'd be surprised if Destiny isn't taking a large part of that.

I think we will have an E3 reveal and playable Multiplayer at E3, with an onsite competition for attendees - which include 15,000 public tickets.

Destiny 2 at E3 is a certainty, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Male human hunter
    Male awoken warlock
    Female exo titan

The Activision booth at E3 is HUGE this year, I'd be surprised if Destiny isn't taking a large part of that.

I think we will have an E3 reveal and playable Multiplayer at E3, with an onsite competition for attendees - which include 15,000 public tickets.

Destiny 2 at E3 is a certainty, imo.

More than happy to be proven wrong on this. :D

My only reason for saying no to E3 was that during the earnings call, the Activision guy said they would be leaving it to Bungie to do the reveals and talking on D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

[Gender] [Race] [Class]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Would have gone with a female lock given the chance again. Can't imagine a female hunter, I'm very fond of my hunter as is!!

More than happy to be proven wrong on this. :D

My only reason for saying no to E3 was that during the earnings call, the Activision guy said they would be leaving it to Bungie to do the reveals and talking on D2.

I think Bungie will be in one of the console presentations for the big trailer and release date reveal (depending on which one has the exclusives) and then be part of the Activision booth - and then they will hit the various magazines and podcasts hard.

I think Bungie will be in one of the console presentations for the big trailer and release date reveal (depending on which one has the exclusives) and then be part of the Activision booth - and then they will hit the various magazines and podcasts hard.

Probably Sony again, though I hope neither. Isn't there still some content that hasn't hit XBone?

Probably Sony again, though I hope neither. Isn't there still some content that hasn't hit XBone?

The year 2 exclusives haven't hit xbox. Jade Rabbit, Sector 618.... not sure what else.

Yeah 5 years of exclusive shizzle with Sony so will definitely be at the Sony event...

Don't be surprised if we see some cross platform goodness, if MS and Sony both allow it which is doubtful, but maybe, just maybe they can make it happen, if anyone has a good relationship with both manufacturers and could make it happen it's Bungie....

10% chance of it happening.... (I hope)

Yeah 5 years of exclusive shizzle with Sony so will definitely be at the Sony event...

Don't be surprised if we see some cross platform goodness, if MS and Sony both allow it which is doubtful, but maybe, just maybe they can make it happen, if anyone has a good Tel with both manufacturers and could make it happen it's Bungie....

10% chance of it happening.... (I hope)

5 year exclusivity? Wow. One wonders what the figures where like, with MS bowing out.

5 year exclusivity? Wow. One wonders what the figures where like, with MS bowing out.

Only 2 years left theoretically, we could see Scorpio exclusive stuff after if it does well!

I've a Crows Eye Sidearm with:

Smooth Ballistics / CQC Ballistics
    Braced Frame
    Snapshot
    Rangefinder

Is that a Good/Great/God roll?

Braced Frame
    Snapshot
    Rangefinder

Do either of the barrel mods give extra impact? Think it 4 body shots with the extra impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

[Gender] [Race] [Class]

Check your space privilage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Female human Lock
    Male exo Titan
    Male awoken Hunter.
    I want the opportunity to give them all beards in D2 if I so wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Braced Frame
    Snapshot
    Rangefinder

Aggressive ballistics is the barrel mod you want, that gives you the 4 body shot kill. Still looking for one myself. Have a Queen's Choice with it and two range perks, but obv not hitscan.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Teaser trailer has dropped, fate bringer coming back....... That will be all

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Aggressive ballistics is the barrel mod you want, that gives you the 4 body shot kill. Still looking for one myself. Have a Queen's Choice with it and two range perks, but obv not hitscan.

I have a Crow's Eye on my Warlock with:
    - Smooth Ballistics
    - Fitted Stock
    - High Calibre Rounds
    - Rangefinder

I can practically snipe with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I have a Crow's Eye on my Warlock with:
    - Smooth Ballistics
    - Fitted Stock
    - High Calibre Rounds
    - Rangefinder

I can practically snipe with it!!

Apparently, I have used that sidearm quite a lot since the update. Mine has Smart drift control, fitted stock, quick draw and range finder.
    6 shotgun kills and one snipe in all my games since the update went live :eek:

mZPrXe8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Braced Frame
    Snapshot
    Rangefinder

Neither CQB nor Smooth Ballistics increase the damage, so you'll require 1 crit plus three body shots to reach the optimal TTK. Wouldn't recommend using it, vendor Wormwood, or any other 94/12 sidearm is better.

If you are going to use it anyway (we're talking one tenth of a second difference in time to kill here), I don't think braced frame would be the perk to go with, despite the significant stability increase. The other perk in that column is going to be one of Hand Loaded, Fitted Stock or Speed Reload, and all would be better than decreasing the mag size imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Toth

Thinking of picking up the game but none of my friends are into online games so would be playing on my own or with random people. Is the game still worth getting playing like this? Is it easy to get groups? I raid in other MMOs and don't really want to put the same amount of effort into them in a game where the sequel is coming out in less than a year.

Toth wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up the game but none of my friends are into online games so would be playing on my own or with random people. Is the game still worth getting playing like this?

Yes. About 50 hours worth of content
    Is it easy to get groups?

Theres active dedicated LGF sites, and/or you can avail of the clan here.
    I raid in other MMOs and don't really want to put the same amount of effort into them in a game where the sequel is coming out in less than a year.

Its a much more straight forward, compact experience than other MMOs

You'd get all you need from the game within 3 months easily

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Toth wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up the game but none of my friends are into online games so would be playing on my own or with random people. Is the game still worth getting playing like this? Is it easy to get groups? I raid in other MMOs and don't really want to put the same amount of effort into them in a game where the sequel is coming out in less than a year.

Join the clan: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548832

There isnt too much activity in the clan at the moment but the new content drop on the 28th will bring more back playing so plenty of people to raid etc with :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Really need to cop on to myself and start doing NFs. Feel like such a task to throw myself into one. Still need the Icebreaker. I keep looking at each weeks modifiers and saying to myself, I'll wait for an easier one next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement