Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Last week's was pretty easy, Valus. Not sure what this week's one is. Rule of Thumb for me is Wretched Eye (nope), Brothers Solar (no) and Cosmodrome (2 Titan minimum or full team with one Titan)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    Really need to cop on to myself and start doing NFs. Feel like such a task to throw myself into one. Still need the Icebreaker. I keep looking at each weeks modifiers and saying to myself, I'll wait for an easier one next week.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Last week's was pretty easy, Valus. Not sure what this week's one is. Rule of Thumb for me is Wretched Eye (nope), Brothers Solar (no) and Cosmodrome (2 Titan minimum or full team with one Titan)

Nightfall: Sepiks Perfected
    Modifiers
    Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Small Arms - Primary Weapon damage is favored.
    Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon.
    Grounded - Players take more damage while airborne.
    Chaff - Player radar is disabled.

It's not a bad one to jump into for your chance at Icebreaker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Really need to cop on to myself and start doing NFs. Feel like such a task to throw myself into one. Still need the Icebreaker. I keep looking at each weeks modifiers and saying to myself, I'll wait for an easier one next week.

Same, will be weird to see them replaced by Daybreak strikes in AoT.

Also don't forget that the live stream for the weekly activities is on at 5pm tomorrow as America has gone onto Daylight Savings Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Also don't forget that the live stream for the weekly activities is on at 5pm tomorrow as America has gone onto Daylight Savings Time.

Their clocks go forward. Does that not mean the steam is at 7pm?

Their clocks go forward. Does that not mean the steam is at 7pm?

The stream is still at 10am PT, but as their clocks have gone forward by an hour they are 7 hours behind us instead of 8 the stream takes place at 17.00 GMT instead of 18.00.

What you said would be correct if they were 8 hours ahead of us before going onto DST.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

What are Daybreak strikes?

No one knows.

Quick google and it appears that they could be Mayhem Strikes.

If so? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't think they will replace Nightfalls.

I think we are going to get strikes with a mayhem modifier. Nightfalls might get some similar fun boost (but i'd be surprised) but I don't think Daybreak Strikes are going to replace the Nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Possibly a new version of the nightfall, maybe a mayhem mode with faster charging supers/abilities?

I don't think they will replace Nightfalls.

I think we are going to get strikes with a mayhem modifier. Nightfalls might get some similar fun boost (but i'd be surprised) but I don't think Daybreak Strikes are going to replace the Nightfall.

I think they will considering Deejs comments last week about inserting some "mayhem" into the Nightfall, either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

Also wonder if we will see a glimpse of the new exotics on next weeks stream, there are currently 53 unique Exotic weapons inc the PS exclusives the stream last week showed 55 required for the record book entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I think it was Totz that posted on the chat, that there should a reward for managing the vault.
    I did what I thought was an epic clearout of armour from my vault. Old IB gear (companion, camelot) - the lot got dismantled. At the end of it my vault status was 84/108!!!

nevelator wrote: »
    I think it was Totz that posted on the chat, that there should a reward for managing the vault.
    I did what I thought was an epic clearout of armour from my vault. Old IB gear (companion, camelot) - the lot got dismantled. At the end of it my vault status was 84/108!!!

Did a clean of it myself yesterday. Went from 100/108 with most slots filled on the characters too - to 78/109 with 51 total free weapon slots on the characters.

Could probably clear a good few more out as there are probably similar roles between different guns in the same archetype - but I did get rid of a lot of very good weapons because I simply haven't used them and probably never will.

I also still have a load of exotics I could/should delete as they are easily regained and just taking up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Did 3 NF's yesterday, twas grand, not too difficult at all. Even did it once without the Sunrise bounty which was super, so I'll go a fourth for the craic tonight.

One last reminder that the AoT livestream is on at 5pm today instead of 6pm like last week due to America being on DST.

One last reminder that the AoT livestream is on at 5pm today instead of 6pm like last week due to America being on DST.

Steam starts in 8 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Video here - Starts at 11 mins: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128866853

They really should have condensed the streams from last week and this week. Maybe even next week's one. Certainly didn't have enough for the two separate streams so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ya, 30 mins in and they're just playing strikes...

The Mayhem strikes seem cool though, I might give it a go later if anyone is on?

Ya, 30 mins in and they're just playing strikes...

The Mayhem strikes seem cool though, I might give it a go later if anyone is on?
    No Daybreak modifiers until 28th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Anyone on later to gimme a hand get my exotic swords?
    Might try for all 3 at once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Anyone on later to gimme a hand get my exotic swords?
    Might try for all 3 at once

Most of this quest can be done Solo. Just remember towards the end of the quest you must get either:
    1. 500 PVE Kills
    2. 100 PVP kills...
    .. with the subclass of the swords elementary damage

Example.
    If you are doing the Bolt Caster Sword, you must get Arc grenade, melee and Super kills.

You DO NOT want to be doing the Dark Drinker quest with a Titan or Hunter.
    You DO NOT want to be doing the Raze Lighter quest with a Hunter or Warlock
    You will be fine with Bolt Caster with any type.

I would suggest:
    Raze Lighter - Titan
    Dark Drinker - Warlock
    Bolt Caster - Hunter / Warlock

fastest way to 500 kills is to go to the "We've woken the hive" mission on the Moon - Do it on hard. Once the door to the Hellmouth opens, go crazy! Kill everything except the knight. Let him kill you and repeat. You should get 40 - 50 kills per run.

Another top tip.
    You are also required to get 10 Planetary materials. Depending on the sword, you will be sent to Earth, Mars or Moon to collect Spinmetal, Relic Iron or Helium Filaments.
    This is a nightmare - A total nightmare as you have to drive around looking for these and they only give a planetary drop in about 1 in 10 collections.

Make sure you equip the Memory of Gheleon Iron lord artefact - With this equipped while on patrol, it will actually highlight these materials on your radar - It's so useful and will cut your hunting time in half.

Final top tip

The final stage of the quest is the Darkblade strike
    This is a separate strike to the main one and is matchmaking. You will be put with 2 others who are also doing the quest. It's important that you send a party invite to these other 2 as you need to find out what swords they are doing. worst case scenario is you are doing all 3 different swords as you need to kill the special bosses 30 seconds before killing the main boss. In party chat you can get it done with minimal effort - Just agree to wipe if things don't go to plan.

Best of luck!!

Most of this quest can be done Solo. Just remember towards the end of the quest you must get either:
    1. 500 PVE Kills
    2. 100 PVP kills...
    .. with the subclass of the swords elementary damage

Example.
    If you are doing the Bolt Caster Sword, you must get Arc grenade, melee and Super kills.

You DO NOT want to be doing the Dark Drinker quest with a Titan or Hunter.
    You DO NOT want to be doing the Raze Lighter quest with a Hunter or Warlock
    You will be fine with Bolt Caster with any type.

I would suggest:
    Raze Lighter - Titan
    Dark Drinker - Warlock
    Bolt Caster - Hunter / Warlock

fastest way to 500 kills is to go to the "We've woken the hive" mission on the Moon - Do it on hard. Once the door to the Hellmouth opens, go crazy! Kill everything except the knight. Let him kill you and repeat. You should get 40 - 50 kills per run.

Another top tip.
    You are also required to get 10 Planetary materials. Depending on the sword, you will be sent to Earth, Mars or Moon to collect Spinmetal, Relic Iron or Helium Filaments.
    This is a nightmare - A total nightmare as you have to drive around looking for these and they only give a planetary drop in about 1 in 10 collections.

Make sure you equip the Memory of Gheleon Iron lord artefact - With this equipped while on patrol, it will actually highlight these materials on your radar - It's so useful and will cut your hunting time in half.

Final top tip

The final stage of the quest is the Darkblade strike
    This is a separate strike to the main one and is matchmaking. You will be put with 2 others who are also doing the quest. It's important that you send a party invite to these other 2 as you need to find out what swords they are doing. worst case scenario is you are doing all 3 different swords as you need to kill the special bosses 30 seconds before killing the main boss. In party chat you can get it done with minimal effort - Just agree to wipe if things don't go to plan.

Best of luck!!

You can skip the pvp sword kill and 50 major kills step for the other two swords by holding the three required legendaries
    with the final node that appears at 280 filled when you return to Shaxx to complete it.

The part bolded isn't actually too bad with the Titan if you set up your defender class correctly then go to Siege of the Warmind.

Every time I did a sword quest I forgot how horrible the planetary materials step was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Every time I did a sword quest I forgot how horrible the planetary materials step was.

And how awesome your Quest helpers were in getting you all 3 swords :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    And how awesome your Quest helpers were in getting you all 3 swords :P

True
    "Jonny, I forget what do we do here?" must have been a question you were sick of answering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

True
    "Jonny, I forget what do we do here?" must have been a question you were sick of answering.

"We Kill things Gimli :P" altho the first time me and you done it and we got the sap that killed our knight well before time and we ended up nuking his knight so he couldnt get his sword :D

"We Kill things Gimli :P" altho the first time me and you done it and we got the sap that killed our knight well before time and we ended up nuking his knight so he couldnt get his sword :D

Ah ****e. Forgot this part of the quest. Working on my Arc and Void swords now. Arc is waiting for Armsday and Void is on 4/10 mats. Hope to get it done tonight.

Ah ****e. Forgot this part of the quest. Working on my Arc and Void swords now. Arc is waiting for Armsday and Void is on 4/10 mats. Hope to get it done tonight.

Its OK, me and Gimli are Pro's at the end part so I'm sure if ya throw us some booze we will help you out :pac:

Its OK, me and Gimli are Pro's at the end part so I'm sure if ya throw us some booze we will help you out :pac:

Cheers buddy bud bud.

Will this stuff suffice? It's only 80 yoyo's a bottle.

220px-Lagavulin_Destillers_Edition.jpg

• Advertisement

Cheers buddy bud bud.

Will this stuff suffice? It's only 80 yoyo's a bottle.

220px-Lagavulin_Destillers_Edition.jpg

I'd accept a 5er bottle of white wine would ya stop :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement