Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I'd accept a 5er bottle of white wine would ya stop :pac:

Ah I don't go for that cheap plonk stuff. Expensive Whiskeys and Craft Beers. Quite hipster I am. :eek: All I need now is to update my look.

type-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Most of this quest can be done Solo. Just remember towards the end of the quest you must get either:
    1. 500 PVE Kills
    2. 100 PVP kills...
    .. with the subclass of the swords elementary damage

Example.
    If you are doing the Bolt Caster Sword, you must get Arc grenade, melee and Super kills.

You DO NOT want to be doing the Dark Drinker quest with a Titan or Hunter.
    You DO NOT want to be doing the Raze Lighter quest with a Hunter or Warlock
    You will be fine with Bolt Caster with any type.

I would suggest:
    Raze Lighter - Titan
    Dark Drinker - Warlock
    Bolt Caster - Hunter / Warlock

fastest way to 500 kills is to go to the "We've woken the hive" mission on the Moon - Do it on hard. Once the door to the Hellmouth opens, go crazy! Kill everything except the knight. Let him kill you and repeat. You should get 40 - 50 kills per run.

Another top tip.
    You are also required to get 10 Planetary materials. Depending on the sword, you will be sent to Earth, Mars or Moon to collect Spinmetal, Relic Iron or Helium Filaments.
    This is a nightmare - A total nightmare as you have to drive around looking for these and they only give a planetary drop in about 1 in 10 collections.

Make sure you equip the Memory of Gheleon Iron lord artefact - With this equipped while on patrol, it will actually highlight these materials on your radar - It's so useful and will cut your hunting time in half.

Final top tip

The final stage of the quest is the Darkblade strike
    This is a separate strike to the main one and is matchmaking. You will be put with 2 others who are also doing the quest. It's important that you send a party invite to these other 2 as you need to find out what swords they are doing. worst case scenario is you are doing all 3 different swords as you need to kill the special bosses 30 seconds before killing the main boss. In party chat you can get it done with minimal effort - Just agree to wipe if things don't go to plan.

Best of luck!!
    Already at the last step for all three. Got the grindy part done a while back. Just need two willing souls to assist on the strike so I can actually get the swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Mafia and I were doing them over the weekend. Waiting on arms day to start the final part. If anyone wants to do the final boss send on a message to madmadra32 . I'll be around this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there any appetite for another flawless run in the near future? It's all I need to platinum the game.

Have zero platinums so far, lol. If there's any game I'd like one in it's Destiny

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

Thank God for Mayhem Supremacy, flew through the solar ability kills for the Raze Lighter, Used The Dark below for void ability kills. As for looking for the Mats for the swords.....sweet Jesus whoever came up with that needs to be shot with balls of their own ****e. It has to be one of the grindiest, soul destroying experiences ever put into the game. I'll settle for 2 swords for the time being, the thoughts of cruising around the ****ing cosmodrome opening spinmetal hoping for a drop would be enough to send me over the edge completely. Just the boss battles to sort now, so I'll be available too!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there any appetite for another flawless run in the near future? It's all I need to platinum the game.

Have zero platinums so far, lol. If there's any game I'd like one in it's Destiny

Count me in for that :D

McMafia77 wrote: »
    Thank God for Mayhem Supremacy, flew through the solar ability kills for the Raze Lighter, Used The Dark below for void ability kills. As for looking for the Mats for the swords.....sweet Jesus whoever came up with that needs to be shot with balls of their own ****e. It has to be one of the grindiest, soul destroying experiences ever put into the game. I'll settle for 2 swords for the time being, the thoughts of cruising around the ****ing cosmodrome opening spinmetal hoping for a drop would be enough to send me over the edge completely. Just the boss battles to sort now, so I'll be available too!!

Yeah the mat farming is brutal, and I found Spinmetal the worst. Helium Filaments where easiest and quickest for me. Very easy to fly around the entire patrol map at a fair clip. Relic Iron slightly less so, but still better than Spinmetal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I was watching a random stream the other night. Guy doing raid runs with viewers, they did the Aksis challenge. Nobody was calling anything raid related beyond the servitor positions, they were having a casual chat about Age Of Triumph throughout. Made it look a piece of piss and finished him in 2 runs. Lots of Warlocks with Praxic Fire fusions and constant supers made it ridiculously easy. I really must do it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The times I have done it, it has been a bit more sweaty than you describe above but I do think the Aksis challenge mode is the best piece of PvE content in the game when you get it done. Fast paced, loads of movement, near constant supers, loads of action, fantastic music. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I love Aksis challenge - Just wish I could get that damn ship!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I love Aksis challenge - Just wish I could get that damn ship!!

Xur will sell it a week before D2 releases :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Haven't even tried any of the WoTM challenges yet

Haven't even tried any of the WoTM challenges yet

Thats a paddling :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I haven't even tried the WotM raid at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »

You better believe that's a paddlin'. :pac:

wexdevil wrote: »

thats-a-paddlin-thats-a-paddlin.jpg

Suddenly I find myself wondering do my 3 classes have helmets which grant health regeneration on orb pickup... #CrotaWorries

PetKing wrote: »
    Suddenly I find myself wondering do my 3 classes have helmets which grant health regeneration on orb pickup... #CrotaWorries

3146076-d4.jpg
    #RedDeath

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Titan Bubble
    Hunter Hungering Blade
    Warlock Life Steal

etc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is there no health regeneration in normal mode either? Been so long i don't remember.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is there no health regeneration in normal mode either? Been so long i don't remember.

Not during the NM Crota fight. That's what the Chalice is for. The Chalice is missing during the HM encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »

No health regen in normal, but you do have a chalice that can be passed between the squad that removes the debuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that thing.

I'm assuming it's HM they're bumping to 390 rather than NM.

Got my wires crossed, thought ye were on about doing Flawless Raider.

Well, kinda. There will be 3 different "difficulties" now for the older raids.
    The original NM and HM versions, and the new 390 HM version, with Challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Well, kinda. There will be 3 different "difficulties" now for the older raids.
    The original NM and HM versions, and the new 390 HM version, with Challenges.

I also believe that they have fixed some "bugs" on some of the raids. They didnt mention what exactly but it seems like it. They said things such "you might go into a raid and try something you always tried and noticed that you can't do it anymore"

I wonder if they have stopped people from soloing CE from beginning to end, this would be a shame since I would hate doing it with randoms! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd argue that doing the Abyss Legitimately is one of the most fun experiences in the game.

Yeah. Doing the Abyss legit is great craic. Especially when a certain someone's Whiffy Nova Bombs are getting cockblocked by Titan Bubbles.

I'd say they've defo fixed the Bridge. No more power jumping across that anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I'd argue that doing the Abyss Legitimately is one of the most fun experiences in the game.

That's true, those times bring back good memories, but after that things will get hectic if you are part of a horrible team... specially Crota.

On PS4 I probably only run it only with the lads here, not sure if I would chance it with randoms in LFG, there will be a lot of people running Crota for the first time, I am just too old to be patient anymore, I was so much patient back in y1... its an age thing. Dont mind it if they guys I am playing with are from the forum, but randoms, 12 year old squeakers... buffff

But I might eat my words when I try doing it on my XBOX since nobody I knew seems to be playing it anymore... either that or they deleted me (probably second lol)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement