Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yeah the mat farming is brutal, and I found Spinmetal the worst. Helium Filaments where easiest and quickest for me. Very easy to fly around the entire patrol map at a fair clip. Relic Iron slightly less so, but still better than Spinmetal.
    Funnily enough I found spinmetal the easiest. Ended up with near 1000 when I was done. Came in handy that week everyone took spinmetal.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looking forward to giving CE another bash, its been far too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The Mountaintop quest is dead. Weekly Crucible bounties for all, miniature hats for others.

[url]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Bridge part of Crota is actually a brilliant fight, but the vast vast majority of groups cheese it. I think this is part of the reason CE isn't rated highly, most people skip the best part..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    The Bridge part of Crota is actually a brilliant fight, but the vast vast majority of groups cheese it. I think this is part of the reason CE isn't rated highly, most people skip the best part..

Always found the argument against the crota raid based on its cheese very odd. People chose to skip the fights and the fun - no one made them cheese the bridge. (not saying you were saying otherwise)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The Mountaintop quest is dead. Weekly Crucible bounties for all, miniature hats for others.

[url]

They made weekly crucible bounties for all in Rise of Iron (I thought)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

So is tonight's stream all about elemental primaries then? They really could have covered all of this in one stream. Last week's stream was poor.

PetKing wrote: »
    So is tonight's stream all about elemental primaries then? They really could have covered all of this in one stream. Last week's stream was poor.

No, not all about them.

Will be about the armor and other weapons. an explanation of changes they are making to the current weapons, abilities (and maybe special economy). Could also be further explanation on what changes they are making to bounties and rewards.

I still think they could have done it in one stream (maybe 2) but this one isn't just about the elemental primaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No, not all about them.

Will be about the armor and other weapons. an explanation of changes they are making to the current weapons, abilities (and maybe special economy). Could also be further explanation on what changes they are making to bounties and rewards.

I still think they could have done it in one stream (maybe 2) but this one isn't just about the elemental primaries.

They could have lumped last weeks and this weeks together. Petking is right, last weeks was fairly poor. They covered the weekly stuff in what? 20 mins? Then we get to look at some Daybreak modifier play. Wooooooo.

They could have lumped last weeks and this weeks together. Petking is right, last weeks was fairly poor. They covered the weekly stuff in what? 20 mins? Then we get to look at some Daybreak modifier play. Wooooooo.

i'm not arguing against that. I said the same myself.

My point is simply that this weeks stream is not just about elemental primaries as Petking said.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Always found the argument against the crota raid based on its cheese very odd. People chose to skip the fights and the fun - no one made them cheese the bridge. (not saying you were saying otherwise)

I always loved CE. Thematically, it suited the Hive down to the ground. Swarms of Thrall just coming at you non stop. People complained about it because it wasn't anything like VoG. No puzzles or platforming. Just running and gunning a mass horde of enemies.

For VoG, there'll be no more sniping from the ledge. We'll all have to be down with the Templar. They way it was intended.

i'm not arguing against that. I said the same myself.

My point is simply that this weeks stream is not just about elemental primaries as Petking said.

Oh I know you weren't. :D

Unless today's stream is massive on information, they probably went 1 stream too many.

Oh I know you weren't. :D

Unless today's stream is massive on information, they probably went 1 stream too many.

I think it was possibly an attempt to stop the community from imploding. The streams haven't gone well, imo, but I think they were trying to provide some focal point each week to build hype for a drop that is both limited and 6 months out from the previous content drop while the community were going mental over the content drought.

They should have skipped the first week they scheduled at combined the two last week. This sandbox update one could be quite technical. If they are making changes to Skorris, maybe a change to special economy again, maybe some more changes to guns based on feedback over the last while - they could spend some time diving into it. Hammerick has been active on twitter explaining the bungie position - they could have someone doing that today and providing a conversation from Bungie side rather they just an info dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Got my wires crossed, thought ye were on about doing Flawless Raider.

Five of us tackled this the other night (manad already had it) and we succeeded after a few silly wipes at the very start. So glad to have finally gotten that last elusive achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

For VoG, there'll be no more sniping from the ledge. We'll all have to be down with the Templar. They way it was intended.

If there are really giving back to the community - they should make sniping with the Icebreakers the only way to complete that section:D

I hope that all raids drop the same ornament (Perfected Harrowed Radiant Ascendant Ornament); so you don't have to wait ages to complete a set.

nevelator wrote: »
    If there are really giving back to the community - they should make sniping with the Icebreakers the only way to complete that section:D

I hope that all raids drop the same ornament (Perfected Harrowed Radiant Ascendant Ornament); so you don't have to wait ages to complete a set.

You know they won't though.

Multi-pass ornament?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Five of us tackled this the other night (manad already had it) and we succeeded after a few silly wipes at the very start. So glad to have finally gotten that last elusive achievement!

Nice one, think I got it when HoW came out. Have vague memories of almost screwing up the last sword on Crota.

Multi-pass ornament?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Haven't watched any of the Triumph streams as it's pointless. Should have put a block capitals header on the Destiny homepage.

"OLD STUFF COMING BACK".

• Advertisement

Haven't watched any of the Triumph streams as it's pointless. Should have put a block capitals header on the Destiny homepage.

"OLD STUFF COMING BACK".

Think of it as a remake!

Like Ghostbusters or Point Break :)

i'm looking forward to it, to be honest. The raids have been the best experiences in Destiny and in gaming in general for me - so I am hoping that the return of these will see a few of the players I had such fun playing with will be back for a month or so, even just on a Tuesday night, to play the raids again. I miss Tuesday raid nights.

Though I'm not sure people will be inviting me in to Crota....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone fancy some Crux farming this week?

i'm looking forward to it, to be honest. The raids have been the best experiences in Destiny and in gaming in general for me - so I am hoping that the return of these will see a few of the players I had such fun playing with will be back for a month or so, even just on a Tuesday night, to play the raids again. I miss Tuesday raid nights.

Though I'm not sure people will be inviting me in to Crota....

Ah we will. Flawless is done so blue orb all ya want.

In last week's stream, one of the developers mentioned that all new (re-hashed) content would be very rewarding!

My guess is that the game will be designed to gift all weapons in a short space of time.

Similar to WOTM. I had all weapons from 3 runs. inc. that piece of sh!t side arm :)

How many runs of VOG did you need to run to get everything?

Think of it as a remake!

Like Ghostbusters or Point Break :)

Except not crap.
    No point as it seems the Y3 Vex and Necro are going to have quests instead of being a random drop.

Except not crap.

No point as it seems the Y3 Vex and Necro are going to have quests instead of being a random drop.

Ah now, the Ghostbusters remake wan't all that bad. It had some funny moments.

And the cameos from the OG cast where done well.

I'd hold off if I were you. An ornament for the Nechrochasm was spotted in one of the live streams, so an updated quest or drop could be part of the challenge CE

Ah now, the Ghostbusters remake wan't all that bad. It had some funny moments.

And the cameos from the OG cast where done well.

I'll give it that. It wasn't great, but it was far from the trainwreck most people were expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I'd hold off if I were you. An ornament for the Nechrochasm was spotted in one of the live streams, so an updated quest or drop could be part of the challenge CE

All that grinding. If I had just waited 27 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement