Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I just open up the vendors page on bungie.net

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Go to guardian outfitter. If you don't have anything from the vendor the website will tell you which ones to buy. Saved me a ton of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

All VoG challenges completed last night. Atheon downed in 1 damage phase.

Defender Titans: OptimusTractorX, Eire2007, sniper-samurai.

Nightstalker Hunters: Noobzerker28, Rossi-IRL

Sunsinger Warlock: neverlator.

Guest appearances by 5 Sleeper Simulants & 1 Super Good Advice.

we lined up as normal 3 left 3 right. It was decided that where possible 1 of the titans grabbed the relic. Tethers are important and Solar grenades backed up with viking funeral were also coming in handy. Other 2 Titans were free to pop weapons bubble.

So lets say 1 from left and 2 from right are teleported to Venus. The last remaining right guardian stands on top of the pillar and holds the fort. 2 from left jump straight through portal as soon as it opens.

So the relic holder slams the adds & hovers around the centre. The other 2 teleportees take care of oracles 1/2 and are cleansed at the bottom of the steps. Relic holders jumps up the outside of the gate and pops a cleanse for oracle killers 3&4 (I just kept popping intermittent cleanses as soon as I was at the gate).

As soon as the 1st two are back through one should say they will hold the portal. No. 5 runs through kills his oracle, turns around gets out and heads to middle plate. Relic holder kills oracle number 6.

Everyone bar the relic holder and whoever is holding the gate open should be down at the middle plate. Down quickly enough adds don't seem a problem.

This is what we did and it worked quite well even with silly wipes.

I'd argue unless you have 3 hunters leave the relic to Titans or Warlocks. Sleepers down insane damage with a tether.

The makeup of our our team was completely random. I was using FWC Scout with explosive rounds, Machine raid sniper and SGA. Put the auld handcannons away at Atheon, even if its Fatebringer and the Trials one.

It was Sniper's idea for Nev to use Solar grenades with Viking Funeral. I wanted him to go Nova with Vortex.

Any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

While beating challenge CE was a bit meh. Beating the Templar alone was like getting a 97th minute World Cup Final win with a Hand of God.

We give the Gorgons a blast. Got them down to one but the dirty sneaking Russian rode up along the wall and away from our swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

That feckin Templar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

After loads of failed attempts, we got it down now!

1 titan on each spawn point.
    relic holder on ads and shield for left when needed.
    everyone else on right.

Tether and gally!!

Got the adept Fatebringer for my troubles too!

Now for Atheon.... Cannot do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

we eventually got the templar done last night - not sure what the right were doing in terms of strat. I think they were doing A LOT of ad management on the right with one person dealing with the right side teleport spot.

I used an invis hunter on the left teleport spot with the relic. I would hide on the very left near where you spawn in (behind a pillar so neither templar or ads could see me. If i timed it correctly I could proc my invis just as the templar would look to teleport left - this ment when I hopped up there he wouldn't see me and wouldn't shoot - so I could use the shield at the very end and have no fear of running out of shield before the phase ended, then I would hop back to my hiding spot. If I had the super up I would use it on the templar, fire a gally, pick up the relic, crouch invis and then back to the teleport.

One of those really irritating Destiny encouters that is an absolute sh1t show for hours and then when you finally get it done you're just like "HOW DID IT TAKE US SO LONG TO DO THAT!".

Watching the vid of the other lads getting it done.... i honestly don't think I'd have survived going from teleport to teleport on my own. Not sure how that is even possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

we eventually got the templar done last night - not sure what the right were doing in terms of strat. I think they were doing A LOT of ad management on the right with one person dealing with the right side teleport spot.

I used an invis hunter on the left teleport spot with the relic. I would hide on the very left near where you spawn in (behind a pillar so neither templar or ads could see me. If i timed it correctly I could proc my invis just as the templar would look to teleport left - this ment when I hopped up there he wouldn't see me and wouldn't shoot - so I could use the shield at the very end and have no fear of running out of shield before the phase ended, then I would hop back to my hiding spot. If I had the super up I would use it on the templar, fire a gally, pick up the relic, crouch invis and then back to the teleport.

One of those really irritating Destiny encouters that is an absolute sh1t show for hours and then when you finally get it done you're just like "HOW DID IT TAKE US SO LONG TO DO THAT!".

Watching the vid of the other lads getting it done.... i honestly don't think I'd have survived going from teleport to teleport on my own. Not sure how that is even possible!

Max your discipline and run around the back through the bubble. Had a few very close calls in our final run at one point my health looked like it was zeroed, but took us only about 10 runs total to defeat him.

Here is a video of the strategy we used.

Had serious problems with him last night. Tried pushing him back a bit to make left side that little bit safe. Worked once. We tried the above strat too. Didn't work. Will have to try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Has anyone any Atheon tips? We keep failing at the oracles.
    This is what we are doing. 3 left plate, 3 right plate. When the team gets teleported, the gates are already open foir the other 2 to go through with last team member holding gate open.

Where we keep failing is on the Oracles. We keep dying... constantly.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

This is what we are doing. 3 left plate, 3 right plate. When the team gets teleported, the gates are already open foir the other 2 to go through with last team member holding gate open.

Where we keep failing is on the Oracles. We keep dying... constantly.

everyone just needs to be quicker with the oracles. The only person who should face any difficulties with them is the 6th person - First three should be easy for the original 3, People 4 and 5 should be in as soon as the gate is open and taking out the 4th and 5th as they spawn. The 6th person needs ot be quick on theirs as they might be late getting in.

As soon as the first original person takes down an oracle they should be standing on the relic holder for a first clense and then they should be getting out as quickly as possible so the 6th person can come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

This is what we are doing.  3 left plate, 3 right plate.  When the team gets teleported, the gates are already open foir the other 2 to go through with last team member holding gate open.  

Where we keep failing is on the Oracles.  We keep dying... constantly.  

Sleeper Simulant is what we used last night, one shots an oracle if you do it just as it spawns.
    Also call out what order you are hitting the oracles once you get teleported

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

zWNgX5v.gif

kevind1 wrote: »
    Sleeper Simulant is what we used last night, one shots an oracle if you do it just as it spawns.
    Also call out what order you are hitting the oracles once you get teleported

Leave the last oracle to the relic holder as well. If 1 sleeper shot doesn't finish the oracle switch to primary, it should only need about 3 shots from a scout.

The most important one is the guy stuck outside, he should run in as soon as anyone comes out. When you come out jump to middle platform and wait, bubble up if you are a titan.

wexdevil wrote: »
    zWNgX5v.gif

Happened to me last night, fired the sleeper outside the back of the cleanse shield refreshing WoL bounced back off the shield into my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

This did happen a couple of times :D
    zWNgX5v.gif
    zWNgX5v.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Might make people feel better about struggling in parts of this raid

Seen it on Reddit. Nice change from the usual solo runs done by people who make it look easy =p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Said I'd check DestinyStatus to see how many Raid I've finished since Vanilla cause I was looking for something we could chat about on Friday.

213 Raid Completions across all 4 Raids (all various 3 difficulties each)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Said I'd check DestinyStatus to see how many Raid I've finished since Vanilla cause I was looking for something we could chat about on Friday.

I'll be back in a minute... *Loads Nev*

Edit: 243, I expected more tbh. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote: »
    I'll be back in a minute... *Loads Nev*

Edit: 243, I expected more tbh. :/

But Nev takes a "Break" from Destiny it's like 4 days to play HZD, for most of us it's like 2 or 3 months off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I still play this from time to time but I'm finding it difficult to get motivated for the more challenging stuff knowing none of the rewards will carry over.
    Generally knock out the three strikes for the bonus, patrol some areas and then doss around the tower.

Anyone else feeling the same way?
    I'm not burnt out from playing as I had just got back from a break when the news dropped.

Love the teaser and trailer for D2 though, Cayde is great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I still play this from time to time but I'm finding it difficult to get motivated for the more challenging stuff knowing none of the rewards will carry over. Generally knock out the three strikes for the bonus, patrol some areas and then doss around the tower.

I'm playing for the t-shirt at this stage. Broke my Destiny bone over Christmas and I'm not pushed to force myself for anything at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Yeah might be time to throw on easy mode and do low level stuff for the craic.
    The only things I haven't done yet are Trials and the final raid.
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

But Nev takes a "Break" from Destiny it's like 4 days to play HZD, for most of us it's like 2 or 3 months off :pac:

Platinumed HZD in those few days aswell, great game that. I haven't checked the stats, but I'd say they would be very biased towards kings fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was pretty shocked to be told by GameStop the other day that they had no Limited Edition Destiny 2 pre-orders left. That leaves me with Amazon I guess if i want a physical copy but that won't arrive at launch.

I was pretty shocked to be told by GameStop the other day that they had no Limited Edition Destiny 2 pre-orders left. That leaves me with Amazon I guess if i want a physical copy but that won't arrive at launch.
    Order it anyway. Then purchase the standard edition digitally. When you get physical copy, just sell that on.

Got 3 Praedyth's Timepieces on my Hunter from raid last night. 2 adept and one legendary =/

Didn't realise that ToO weapons now can drop in regular crucible, just had the burning eye scout as a post game reward.

As someone who has never played ToO this pleases me.

Didn't realise that ToO weapons now can drop in regular crucible, just had the burning eye scout as a post game reward.

As someone who has never played ToO this pleases me.

You sure it wasn't for competing a bounty? It was mentioned in the patch notes that weekly crucible weapon bounties can drop items from ToO and IB.

• Advertisement

Might of been a bounty, as I had done the 50 scout rifle kills and a couple of the daily ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement