Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Isenfyre Token's cashed in with the Vanguard Scout give +687 Vanguard Rep and +312 Faction Rep, that's a lot.

I didn't test wearing an exotic class item.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Isenfyre Token's cashed in with the Vanguard Scout give +687 Vanguard Rep and +312 Faction Rep, that's a lot.

I didn't test wearing an exotic class item.

Thats if you have the nightfall buff active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thats if you have the nightfall buff active.

This is also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

dudeeile wrote:

Ah here! I've been lobbing them in the fire everytime i passed through the temple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I never realised that the Crucible quartermaster (The guy across from Shaxx) had bounties - I was wondering why the bounties piece of my AoT book wasn't increasing with the daily or weekly bounty completions

Is this where the ToO weapons can drop from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, if yis see my accuont on destiny before 5 today its Nathan, if you want him to do trials with yis just let me know and I will give him a shout. Little fecker is unreal at trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I never realised that the Crucible quartermaster (The guy across from Shaxx) had bounties - I was wondering why the bounties piece of my AoT book wasn't increasing with the daily or weekly bounty completions

Is this where the ToO weapons can drop from?
    Yep, you get a weapon drop when you complete those bounties,i think the type of weapons that drop are bounty specific too. So if you complete a pule rifle bounty then a pulse rifle will drop.

At least thats the way its been for me but maybe rng was just screwing with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Had Thunderlord quests for the Hunter and Titan. When cashing them in with the Warlord Vanguard she also gave me the Vanguard rewards for levelling up the Vanguard rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Sunrise bounty really loves to give me that "disassembly required" rocket launcher, ever f'ing week.

I just want the icebreaker ;-;

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Did 3 NF today and got teacup tempest twice. I hate sidearms

• Advertisement

riggerman wrote: »
    Did 3 NF today and got teacup tempest twice. I hate sidearms

I know right??? The NF reward was a Titan mark and the Sunrise was........ Yup!! Teacup Tempest!!

Will run it again later. I already have the IB but really only want Strange Coins and 3oC for NF rewards!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the best way for farming strange coins now??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »

What f**king year is this?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What f**king year is this?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I want to just throw Heavy into my factions to rank so I need strange coins :P

And its 2017 :pac:

Ranking up factions via running patrols in Plaguelands.
    Disengage brain and off you go.
    If you're lucky you could get 20+ from a NF but you'll probably just get a sidearm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I used to get about 10 levels a week done with the factions, would do my daily limit in legendary marks then buy the faction material for that week. Spend all glimmer on armour parts, would do strikes/archons forge with the correct ghost on to make glimmer and you'd be at 25k in no time.

Doing the weekly paguelands bounty and all those small missions in the plaguelands and you'll be leveling up your vanguard fairly quick aswell for more strange coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Can anyone tell me what time is the arms day reset?

Ive the void sword doone so just wating on that to come back on arms day so i can do the strike. Ive all the mats collected for the solar sword just need the solar ability kills,thinkin if i can get them done after work in the morning before reset.i would be able to get the two swords next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time is the arms day reset?

Ive the void sword doone so just wating on that to come back on arms day so i can do the strike. Ive all the mats collected for the solar sword just need the solar ability kills,thinkin if i can get them done after work in the morning before reset.i would be able to get the two swords next week.

10am tomorrow.

Sweet,should get it done so.

So siege of the warmind for the abilty kills for the sword is a thing,bit tiresome but got the job done after only climbing about 10% after 3 crucible matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Don't motes give the most rep.

Don't motes give the most rep.

I have a severe lack of motes......... Also 3oC are the new motes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

got the RoI book finished today. missions on HM was the last node. did 6 extra because i never set it to HM. bit of a sickner

Discovered Myelin Games on youtube the other day,my eyes are now bleeding from watching so much about Destiny lore.

Theres really a good bit there if you go digging,the origin of the hive layed out in the book of sorrows was particularly good i thought.

LFG.net has always been hit and miss, but had a few good runs of raids over the weekend with some LFG groups. Absolutely flew through crota with 3 squeakers (who just wouldn't shut up) , myself and the other 2 randoms just said very little and shot everything. Would have gotten flawless aswell only one of them died on the jump down into the abyss and we just legged it anyways!

Just before heading to bed last night said I'd try my hand at an aksis part 2, 2 titans join a bunch of 4. First run wipe (after missing a plate slam on 2nd phase) and then second run finished aksis in 2 phases, swords spinning for days! Don't think I've ever seen a boss run go so smooth.

syboit wrote: »
    LFG.net has always been hit and miss, but had a few good runs of raids over the weekend with some LFG groups. Absolutely flew through crota with 3 squeakers (who just wouldn't shut up) , myself and the other 2 randoms just said very little and shot everything. Would have gotten flawless aswell only one of them died on the jump down into the abyss and we just legged it anyways!

Just before heading to bed last night said I'd try my hand at an aksis part 2, 2 titans join a bunch of 4. First run wipe (after missing a plate slam on 2nd phase) and then second run finished aksis in 2 phases, swords spinning for days! Don't think I've ever seen a boss run go so smooth.

With a competent team, you can utterly destroy Aksis with considerable ease. Without a competent team, forget it!!

With a competent team, you can utterly destroy Aksis with considerable ease. Without a competent team, forget it!!

Yup, been there a few times, even with one person not on form it can turn Aksis into a nightmare. People dying to siva swarms at the start, never a good sign. It is super satisfying seeing him taking huge amount of damage though.

Did the Crucible weekly bounties for the first time ever this weekend. Are they always this easy? More exotics to clog up my vault. Drew the line yesterday and deleted one of the four Starfire Protocols I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

These are the guns that have caught my eye this week from the vendors. There might be a few other decent ones

Dead Orbit
    Keystone Scout Rifle
    Explosive Rounds Perfect Balance Crowd Control
    Lightweight Outlaw

Last Ditch Shotgun
    Extended Mag Smallbore Rangefinder
    Hip Fire Cascade

Future War Cult
    The Wounded Scout Rifle
    Explosive Rounds Hammer Forged Crowd Control
    Full Auto Unfliching

Wormwood Sidearm
    High Caliber Rounds Fitted Stock Hot Swap
    QuickDraw Cascade

• Advertisement

I don't get the love for the Wormwood I have one but still prefer the Havoc Pigeon. Maybe the perks I have are poor. FWC scout looks awesome

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement