Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I don't get the love for the Wormwood I have one but still prefer the Havoc Pigeon. Maybe the perks I have are poor. FWC scout looks awesome

agreed.

But you can buy the wormwood. You can't buy an Iron Wreath. You can't buy a Havoc Pigeon.

If you don't have a good side arm, that wormwood looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

No god tier weapons this week although some might like the guns Mitch has mentioned, even the armour rolls this week are all a bit weak. Some of the Speakers subclass armour might be of interest if you're looking but only one 100% roll and thats for the warlock.

The DO scout rifle might one shot shanks at Aksis or vokis. It's the high impact type, with explosive rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This One-Shotting-Shanks nonsense is becoming meme-tier at this stage

This One-Shotting-Shanks nonsense is becoming meme-tier at this stage

I don't find them a big problem, but one shotting them at a distance can make life just that little easier. And anything that makes life a little easier there is a godsend cause it can be a fecking struggle to get through at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I don't find them a big problem, but one shotting them at a distance can make life just that little easier. And anything that makes life a little easier there is a godsend cause it can be a fecking struggle to get through at times.

nothing worse than running to sword the captain and getting shot in the back by shanks, or worse running out with the canon and getting shot in the face. I find myself more so for wrath , changing guns for individual sections just to make things easier as you said.

syboit wrote: »
    nothing worse than running to sword the captain and getting shot in the back by shanks, or worse running out with the canon and getting shot in the face. I find myself more so for wrath , changing guns for individual sections just to make things easier as you said.
    Shanks and....
    nocal wrote:
    TURRETS

was playing a bit of control last night - came across a fireteam of players who had literally no interest in winning the match - just camped the water tower on Rusted Land for (crucible bounty) sniper kills. Was a horridly dull match!

was playing a bit of control last night - came across a fireteam of players who had literally no interest in winning the match - just camped the water tower on Rusted Land for (crucible bounty) sniper kills. Was a horridly dull match!

Had this recently in a few games of rift, about 4 of them just snipping and no interest in progressing the game mode. Is it just an easy mode for them to get sniper kills?

Always wondered if there was a sniper gun only mode, would it keep those lads busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Had this recently in a few games of rift, about 4 of them just snipping and no interest in progressing the game mode. Is it just an easy mode for them to get sniper kills?

That's where I go for scout rifle kills. Easy mode to do it in.
    Always wondered if there was a sniper gun only mode, would it keep those lads busy.

Trials. It's Icebreaker central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Anyone else's Sidearm game feel like this:

giphy.gif

Hope you were careful no-one was around when you asked Siri to search The Rock squirting his little gun.

"Always wondered if there was a sniper gun only mode, would it keep those lads busy"

Trials. It's Icebreaker central.

:) for that reason it will probably be my least populated page of the AOT book.

:) for that reason it will probably be my least populated page of the AOT book.

Went flawless 4 times on Saturday.....then I woke up.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Sniping only in PvP is all thanks to the weekly crucible weapon bounties - Rather than trying to win 7 matches in trials, complete 25 sniper kills for the chance of a trials weapon instead.

I did the fusion rifle bounty with my vex and completed it in 2 runs - Got the Trials fusion rifle for my trouble.

My trials page on AoT will remain empty for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So I bought the entire collection for 25 bucks on PSN. It was an impulse thing. Is there still much of a community? I should of done more research but like I said... impulse. I'm super excited to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So I bought the entire collection for 25 bucks on PSN. It was an impulse thing. Is there still much of a community? I should of done more research but like I said... impulse. I'm super excited to get stuck in.

Still plenty of players on PS4 here. Check the first post for info on the Boards clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got offerd an invite to the destiny 2 reveal, but I can't go....ffffffffffffffck ;-;

wexdevil wrote: »
    Got offerd an invite to the destiny 2 reveal, but I can't go....ffffffffffffffck ;-;

Ahh wex, I think they are non transferable. Heard yer man long-gotta-gun saying they were paying for his flights aswell.

Yeah they are non transferable, it wasn't a third party passing it on to me(as in someone who wasn't going to use theirs) so my name would of been on it not someone else's.

I should add it wasn't the full expenses paid trip over that content creators get but rather passes to the event itself.

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yeah they are non transferable, it wasn't a third party passing it on to me(as in someone who wasn't going to use theirs) so my name would of been on it not someone else's.

I should add it wasn't the full expenses paid trip over that content creators get but rather passes to the event itself.
    Not trying to be rude.... But why did bungie invite you?

You in games media? You a relatively prominent community member or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He's a moderator on bungie.net according to his sig

He's a moderator on bungie.net according to his sig

Yup, has some pretty exclusive emblems for it :-)

Not rude at all, my guess is that they had a few extra spots so maybe figured we'd be interested. That night is going to suck when I get home and see all the pictures the lads post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I gotta say I am loving this game right now. Just been soloing mostly... dont have many friends on PS4 :( got myself up to Lv 12.

Does the game get harder if you group up like borderlands?

I gotta say I am loving this game right now. Just been soloing mostly... dont have many friends on PS4 :( got myself up to Lv 12.

Does the game get harder if you group up like borderlands?

More like the harder stuff requires a group.

Ahh wex, I think they are non transferable. Heard yer man long-gotta-gun saying they were paying for his flights aswell.

They aren't paying for anyones flights or accommodation as far as I know

I too got an invite, but I'll be on Holidays at the time

They aren't paying for anyones flights or accommodation as far as I know

I too got an invite, but I'll be on Holidays at the time

They are paying for the flights of the vip content creators. For example the DCP crew, Dr. Lupo - their travel is being covered. If your invite was email only, then yeah, you have to sort it yourself if you want to go

Ah got yeah. That makes sense so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Saw Mtashed with a random generator where you spin a wheel and whatever it lands on you have to delete from Destiny. It landed on the Warlock. It's not just the character but all the stuff they're carrying. Couldn't sleep thinking about it. They really need to police the internet better and not allow this kind of garbage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement