Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

They are paying for the flights of the vip content creators. For example the DCP crew, Dr. Lupo - their travel is being covered. If your invite was email only, then yeah, you have to sort it yourself if you want to go

checks email.... no email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Saw Mtashed with a random generator where you spin a wheel and whatever it lands on you have to delete from Destiny. It landed on the Warlock. It's not just the character but all the stuff they're carrying. Couldn't sleep thinking about it. They really need to police the internet better and not allow this kind of garbage.

yeah - he has been running that thing for a while. has a load of punishments on it. seems to be getting a good response for it but i'm not sure how long he could keep such a thing going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Hey Ive been jumping pretty much everywhere but its not leveling up my jump for the boost. Anyone know how this works?

Hey Ive been jumping pretty much everywhere but its not leveling up my jump for the boost. Anyone know how this works?

all your abilities are XP based, not based on the actions you are performing so jumping lots does nothing. its all about killing things, completing missions/strikes/bounties - and then activating the selected/leveled up node in your subclass screen.

Well i'm doing all that too but theirs no budge on the green bar. Does it unlock at a certain lvl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Well i'm doing all that too but theirs no budge on the green bar. Does it unlock at a certain lvl?

Are you talking about the ability nodes on your subclass? Specifically, the ones that control your jump?

yeah, there was a little progress on the bar after i finished my last mission so i'll just keep playing as I have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

yeah, there was a little progress on the bar after i finished my last mission so i'll just keep playing as I have been.

Grab as many bounties as you can and use reputation boosters along with them.
    Can you post a pic please?

Leveling up your sub class is the biggest grind in destiny. A stupid design decision but that's how it is, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Good roll on the palindrome this week; Icarus, Rifled barrel and Rangefinder!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

nevelator wrote: »
    Good roll on the palindrome this week; Icarus, Rifled barrel and Rangefinder!

Dear lord......... I will pick one up later for some PVP fun :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There's a fair amount to do to unlock the Outbreak Prime, isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Angron wrote: »
    There's a fair amount to do to unlock the Outbreak Prime, isn't there?

Yeah, including completing the WotM raid twice, once with the monitors to start and once at the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, including completing the WotM raid twice, once with the monitors to start and once at the end.

Thankfully they didnt make us do the monitors for the second run, that would have been a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Isin't the second time just beat 3 raid bosses ? You can just kill vosik 3 teams for that, if you don't fancy taking on aksis (challenge or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

syboit wrote: »
    Isin't the second time just beat 3 raid bosses ? You can just kill vosik 3 teams for that, if you don't fancy taking on aksis (challenge or not)

No, its to kill all the raid bosses just like with the Touch of Malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I joined a LFG and we downed Vosik 3 times and that was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I joined a LFG and we downed Vosik 3 times and that was grand.

Myself Salty and Nev did the same with Vosik

PetKing wrote: »
    Myself Salty and Nev did the same with Vosik

LIES......... we all know salty can't do Vosik in Wrath of the Machine :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I completed WotM once to get the quest, and it was only after getting it that I looked into how much there was to do after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm off the week after next for a week so i see lots of grinding trying to do the raids and accompanying quests. Also trying to get my alts up to 400 so I can do more than self res warlock, which seems to be the default required for raids :)

This game is a tad bit addictive. Loot! oh loot! there is only loot! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Guys, don't forget to pick up the God roll Parthian-Shot from the Vanguard Quartermaster before the weekly reset.

Steadyhand IS sights
    Rodeo
    Hand laid stock
    Counterbalance

Shoots like a frickin' laser beam and hits like a truck

2 shot guaranteed in PvP - Go get it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dafuq

Team mate had spark yet I was able to pick another one up. Didn't get points for igniting the rift though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I turned on Destiny tonight for the first time in a couple of months to play some Control in Crucible. It has been removed from the playlist I see. What is the story with that? Does it rotate in and out?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I turned on Destiny tonight for the first time in a couple of months to play some Control in Crucible. It has been removed from the playlist I see. What is the story with that? Does it rotate in and out?

Yeah. Bungo decided to concentrate player numbers by removing the content that people want to play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

needed some PvP scout kills
    warlock Tlaloc
    wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Seraphim Archive. Destiny Lore hub, for those that are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_video_games

Looking at the 100 top selling PS games and Destiny's not on it. Yet it had 25M registered users as at November 2015. What am I missing here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_video_games

Looking at the 100 top selling PS games and Destiny's not on it. Yet it had 25M registered users as at November 2015. What am I missing here?

It's wikipedia. Plus, the two most recent releases on that list are:
    1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone November 15, 2001 8,000,000
    2. SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge November 5, 2001 1,060,000

So list really isn't up to date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement