Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

So I levelled up voidwalker subclass all the way. Should I change and level up another subclass? will I be under powered?

Id change it up alright,certain scenarios benefit from having a bit of variety in your subclasses. Stromcaller (Arc subclass) is good to have as its good in both PvE and PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

So I levelled up voidwalker subclass all the way. Should I change and level up another subclass? will I be under powered?

Grab a bunch of bounties and burn through them on your main subclass, then swap to the subclass you want to level when you hand them in. It's no fun doing a strike without your grenade and super :) once you have unlocked the top level of nodes in a subclass you can probably just stay it it completely in most content.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

EoinHef wrote: »
    Id change it up alright,certain scenarios benefit from having a bit of variety in your subclasses. Stromcaller (Arc subclass) is good to have as its good in both PvE and PvP

Stormcaller is a very handy sub class to have - Fast way to level it up is to collect all the weekly Shiro-4 bounties and head to the forge. You can complete all 4 there and it awards 2,000 vanguard rep in total; along with forge victories, you will max it out in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd rarely use stormcaller. The super's very good in PvP but voidwalker I find much more fun. Storm guy's grenades are muck. Usually'd go with the other two for PvE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'd recommend you go for Sunsinger next, much more useful in PvE especially if you're new to raids, it gives you an extra life and can be the difference between completing an activity or a wipe.
    Grab a bunch of bounties and burn through them on your main subclass, then swap to the subclass you want to level when you hand them in.

Solid advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I feel like my gun is a water pistol in PvP and there is not so much loot to be had either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I feel like my gun is a water pistol in PvP and theirs not so much loot to be had either.

What guns are you currently using?

If not legendary you may be missing out on perks but there are still types of gun that would be better to use. Ie the fast rate of fire hand cannon should be avoided. Maybe steer clear of auto rifles. Highest impact pulse rifles need a skilled hand etc

Im using "The Continental" its a purple with 299 damage. Im Lvl 40 with 325 light. Some guys i rip through others I dont stand a chance.

Im using "The Continental" its a purple with 299 damage. Im Lvl 40 with 325 light. Some guys i rip through others I dont stand a chance.

Auto rifle and not a very good one imo, might be part of the issue. Auto rifles aren't used by many, beyond a select few types.

So wheres a good place to get better loot?

• Advertisement

Strikes, vanguard/faction rank ups. Should get a couple of legendary engrams from completing the weekly shiro /plague lands quest. Some of the blue weapons can be very good if you get a good type and roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If you have enough strange coins the weekly vendor,Xur,has a good pulse rifle this week,Bad JuJu. Good weapon that can be used all the way up to and in end game.

He is in the tower over by the speaker this weekend.

For PvP?
    Exotics via three of coins or Xur.
    ARS-Monte Carlo/Hard Light
    Scouts-Tlaloc/Jade Rabbit
    Don't use exotic HCs but Hawkmoon's probably pretty good and The Last Word is always fun

If you rank up the prison of elders guy you can get a decent pulse rifle (Aegis) and AR. I have a great Scout but it's more pve but it's a bit of a slog

fast firing pulses like hawksaw/grasp of maloc are nerfed but still usable. I really like the next fastest firing pulses hopscotch/Aegis of the Reef

The faction guys sell good weapons depending on the rolls. Palindrome from the crucible vendor is usually pretty good but I don't know this week's perks. There 's generally videos on youtube that'll tell you what's good to pick up each week

I had just enough coins for Bad JuJu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Tis a good gun it'll do you well. Do you have the rise of iron expansion as well? If so, that'll help get your LL up as well. Also, legendary marks to buy gear from vendors as most of that is 380 so that'll bump you up a good bit too.

Also make sure you're wearing your highest level gear when decrypting engrams and equip anything new with a higher LL before decrypting the next piece

yay - finally went flawless again (second time since the first week of trials!).

Won a raffle to play with FalloutPlays and Aksarian. Held my own for a few games, then derped and got carried massively in from matches 6 or 7 onwards. I think I landed one bullet in the flawless game, the two lads just mangled the other team 5-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fiar play. Was watching the stream.

Guys were impressed when you pulled out Sleeper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just got the ToO scout rifle "The Inward Lamp" from a quartermaster bounty, it actually seems pretty decent

did 3 nightfalls for the first time in ages. randomer in the tower for the hunter, basically soloed with the warlock and despite never being fully in control of proceedings myself and Idea Squirrel (possibly the coolest GT in the clan) two manned the Sunrise bounty with 35 seconds left.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭gmg678

I am about to go back playing Destiny after been away from it for a very very long time. I have The Dark Below and House of Wolves DLC. in order to play the game to its fullest do I need to get the Taken king and Rise of the Iron DLC?

• Advertisement

You should get all the DLC for no other reason that it's relatively cheap but there's also a fair bit of content there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gmg678 wrote: »
    I am about to go back playing Destiny after been away from it for a very very long time. I have The Dark Below and House of Wolves DLC. in order to play the game to its fullest do I need to get the Taken king and Rise of the Iron DLC?
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    You should get all the DLC for no other reason that it's relatively cheap but there's also a fair bit of content there too.

Short answer? Yes.

The complete collection, which is everything basically, is 42 quid in Argos. The Taken King DLC is 20 on PSN, but The Rise of Iron is not available for purchase anymore. Might be worth your while just reinvesting for 42 euro.

The Taken King reworked how the story unfolded and was told, and pretty much improved the game no end. Rise of Iron on it's own was a good expansion, but don't expect it to compare to TTK. Both come with a new Raid, Kings Fall and Wrath of the Machine.

Short answer? Yes.

The complete collection, which is everything basically, is 42 quid in Argos. The Taken King DLC is 20 on PSN, but The Rise of Iron is not available for purchase anymore. Might be worth your while just reinvesting for 42 euro.

The Taken King reworked how the story unfolded and was told, and pretty much improved the game no end. Rise of Iron on it's own was a good expansion, but don't expect it to compare to TTK. Both come with a new Raid, Kings Fall and Wrath of the Machine.

I was in CEX today and saw a 2nd hand copy of the Destiny "complete edition" - All DLC for €10 (Inc. ROI). Bargain of the century.

I was in CEX today and saw a 2nd hand copy of the Destiny "complete edition" - All DLC for €10 (Inc. ROI). Bargain of the century.

Don't they come with codes for the DLC, which if that is the case, it's pretty much a useless purchase.

Don't they come with codes for the DLC, which if that is the case, it's pretty much a useless purchase.

Not sure - I was just in there and it caught my eye as It called out all DLC included on the box. Defo an error from CEX as the standalone game is also €10.

Not sure - I was just in there and it caught my eye as It called out all DLC included on the box. Defo an error from CEX as the standalone game is also €10.

Think that may be the reason it's only a tenner so. I'd say the codes for the DLC have already been used and it's just vanilla in the box.

Finished the book of triumph yesterday and have the opportunity to buy a t-shirt for $777,777.77, not sure I'm reading it right, Can personalise it for 5 dollars.
    Thought I was going to have to do the dead ghosts where I have 29/31, the Siva Parts 28/30 or god forbid try and climb that fecking mountain but in the end I hadn't disturbed the remains, which completed it for me.
    Still have the warlock / hunter pvp quests but when I look at the quest screen can't see the specific quests. I do have pvp quest stuff to do like elimination, so I guess it's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    Finished the book of triumph yesterday and have the opportunity to buy a t-shirt for $777,777.77, not sure I'm reading it right, Can personalise it for 5 dollars. Thought I was going to have to do the dead ghosts where I have 29/31, the Siva Parts 28/30 or god forbid try and climb that fecking mountain but in the end I hadn't disturbed the remains, which completed it for me. Still have the warlock / hunter pvp quests but when I look at the quest screen can't see the specific quests. I do have pvp quest stuff to do like elimination, so I guess it's that.

Completing the book gives you a discount code that reduces the the price of the t-shirt.

ah yeah I did get a code and went to the bungie store but there was a lot of reading and the t-shirt was blue...... BLUE!?!, so I gave up

• Advertisement

I'm assuming as Conovar hasn't been on going bezerk about Mayhem Clash for a fourth week in a row there's some new pvp mode this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement