Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Yeah, just not sure when and kind of managing my own (and others?) expectations

Have 3 mates looking to do it. They are all between 384 -> 389 and none have Sleeper Simulant/Black Spindle/Exotic Swords etc though.

One has finished the VoG once, another 5 times and another not at all. None have experience with Challenge mode.

So it might be pushing it a bit given they aren't exactly kitted out excellently. They'd be short on reseources and motes and INT/DIS/STR and so on too like

So not sure if I will be helping all 3 of them in one sitting or what the deal is.
    Optimus kindly offered to run the Templar Relic thankfully.

Is it worth trying a WotM Hard Mode (no challenge) with 2 out of 3 of them before hand for some 390+ drops I wonder? Try and close the gap between a struggle and an enjoyable challenge

What system you on? If on XB1, I'm happy to help out with WoTM HM. Ran it loads of times and will be able to sherpa where needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What system you on? If on XB1, I'm happy to help out with WoTM HM. Ran it loads of times and will be able to sherpa where needed.

He's PS4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I still need the vex so I can help out :)

TBH once they have high impact snipers and gally the DPS should be grand to get through it. 1 "Noob" with each experienced player should get you through it :)

Sound man. I'll let ya know what the story is when I know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sound man. I'll let ya know what the story is when I know

Cool, have the lads got their spindles yet? They would be great to use on the templar? If not we can run them through to get them.

When you think "do they have X?" just assume the answer is always "no" (with the exception of G-Horn) :pac:

• Advertisement

When you think "do they have X?" just assume the answer is always "no" (with the exception of G-Horn) :pac:

Right, first job then is to get them Spindles. Should only take 20 mins tops :D

Right, first job then is to get them Spindles. Should only take 20 mins tops :D

Can you still do that with Daily Heroic Missions gone?

Can you still do that with Daily Heroic Missions gone?

Yep, you just select it from the director :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5sr7j7/black_spindle_quest_guide_in_year_3_rise_of_iron/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

So not sure if I will be helping all 3 of them in one sitting or what the deal is. Optimus kindly offered to run the Templar Relic thankfully.

I'll jump in if you need bodies, haven't played in a few weeks anyway so good to get back

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Depending on the night I can help. Probably out Friday and certainly out Saturday though.

• Advertisement

Generic, it might be an idea to get 2 groups going if you have the numbers. It will mean the DPS isnt really that much of an issue for the lads and they will get upto 400 drops from doing the raid as we go :D

Era, I'd say they are more interested in doing it with myself (they are real life friends) so farming them out to others wouldn't be kosher

But thank you all for the offers. I'll speak to them and see what they want to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Era, I'd say they are more interested in doing it with myself (they are real life friends) so farming them out to others wouldn't be kosher

But thank you all for the offers. I'll speak to them and see what they want to do :)

What are those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Generic, it might be an idea to get 2 groups going if you have the numbers. It will mean the DPS isnt really that much of an issue for the lads and they will get upto 400 drops from doing the raid as we go :D

Well we have 6 now so let's give it a shot. The only issue we'll have is teleporting at Atheon and the fact that we probably need at least 2 damage phases.

Disclaimer: no going to orbit for gorgons or puzzle.

Well we have 6 now so let's give it a shot. The only issue we'll have is teleporting at Atheon and the fact that we probably need at least 2 damage phases.

Disclaimer: no going to orbit for gorgons or puzzle.

Ah I have no issue but if the 3 lads need spindles they will have to pair off with others to get them but could still stay in a group chat with up to 8 so they don't feel awkward :) ah atheon will be grand, no issues at all there :P

Might actually get 2 Raids done this week. Now wouldn't that be something?

Might actually get 2 Raids done this week. Now wouldn't that be something?

Pfffffttttttt....... thats easy :P Do you want to run a WotM with monitors for them??? I should be around Friday/Saturday/Sunday this weekend to help out on runs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd be up for a Spindle run tonight if it's going.

At least No Cal can't be exasperated when I say I don't have it again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I came first in a mayhem rumble... was expecting more applaud not some sh?tty under leveled coat.

You can't get Spindle from Lost to the Light Heroic Mission Alternate Ending anymore. It's a Crotas End drop. I found that out after trying the heroic -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Wiki and destiny status both still say its the lost to light alt ending?

Man thats a bummer if its rng based

EDIT: Looking online i get the impression it drops both from the raid and the mission.

It still drops from both, I will try run it solo later and see how it goes but there was a post on the bungie forum from mid april saying its still in the mission and not a daily.

I'm tellling ye. I've done the Spindle many a time, last night we did nothing wrong and the door was closed.

What are good Exotic Weapons for the various VoG Challenge modes if you're not using Sleeper/Spindle/Exotic Sword?

I can only really think of SGA and G-Horn really

Confluxes: G-Horn
    Oracles: SGA
    Templar: G-Horn
    Gatekeepers: G-Horn
    Atheon: SGA (for Oracles, Snipers for Boss DPS)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm tellling ye. I've done the Spindle many a time, last night we did nothing wrong and the door was closed.

Just be careful with this. They added in a secret timer on the door. You could do the run to the door perfectly, no deaths, and the door could still be closed. It needs to be run in under a minute 50, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What are good Exotic Weapons for the various VoG Challenge modes if you're not using Sleeper/Spindle/Exotic Sword?

I can only really think of SGA and G-Horn really

Confluxes: G-Horn
    Oracles: SGA
    Templar: G-Horn
    Gatekeepers: G-Horn
    Atheon: SGA (for Oracles, Snipers for Boss DPS)

Nemesis Star perhaps? High Impact MG and has one of the largest magazines? OP wouldn't be awful either probably.

For VoG its Gally and High Impact sniper needed but as I said to you last night there is a timer in the heroic mission thats stopping you from getting the thing. I'll titan skate through it later and if I can make it to the door and its open I will invite you in.

Maybe I'm just slow so :(

Maybe I'm just slow so :(

Ah it can be tricky now to do but look I'll see if I can get on early cos I should be home by roughly 5.30 to give it a try :D

As I said last night: I have reached a peak "Cannot be ar$ed" state now :pac:

Have been helping the lads for like 10 hours (game time, not including Orbit & Tower) now over the last 7 days :P

Probably like 25 hours with Orbit and Tower :/

• Advertisement

As I said last night: I have reached a peak "Cannot be ar$ed" state now :pac:

Have been helping the lads for like 10 hours (game time, not including Orbit & Tower) now over the last 7 days :P

Probably like 25 hours with Orbit and Tower :/

AH most of us are the same, sure I have only jumped on for PvP and i gave a hand with the monitor run last weekend but thats all really. Way too many games to get through now so I'm working my way through them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement