Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dxvdbl

Project here, i'll be joining for the raid, the only sniper i have on me at the moment is 1000 Yard Stare, not sure how effective that will be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dxvdbl wrote: »
    Project here, i'll be joining for the raid, the only sniper i have on me at the moment is 1000 Yard Stare, not sure how effective that will be.

That sniper will be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Best gun in the game, can kneel Crota with a single headshot and if it has armour piercing rounds can over-penetrate and kill the oversoul with the same shot.

Oh and welcome to boards!

I detect a hint of sarcasm :P It'll get the job done hopefully anyway, who's joining tonight for the raid?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I detect a hint of sarcasm :P It'll get the job done hopefully anyway, who's joining tonight for the raid?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548799

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Just a tad yes.

Best snipers in the game are Black Spindle / Ex-Machina (WotM) / 1000Yd Stare. Having any one of those 3 will do you no harm at all. Black Spindle is NOT a definite requirement for any phase of a Raid (Goggleballs may be an exception, but even then, you'll still do serious damage with the 1k Stare)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There is sarcasm.... but 1000YS is probably the most efficient sniper in the game, or one of them. Mag Size/Damage/Rate of Fire etc - its a beast all things considered. Its been the go to Sniper for most of the game for most people, i would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I haven't unequipped my 1KYS (Hidden Hand, Casket Mag & Shotgaze sight) since September 2015 for most PvE activities

Check your Playstation Messages. We put a group together there since Optimus kindly offered to help us with the Relic and the Templar

Nice one, see ye all after work so.

To be fair, while BS puts up huge damage. In a lot of encounters, if you miss 1 shot (which can happen) it becomes a waste of your exotic slot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

To be fair, while BS puts up huge damage. In a lot of encounters, if you miss 1 shot (which can happen) it becomes a waste of your exotic slot.

Yeah maybe to you it can......... :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah maybe to you it can......... :pac:

What I use is generally...

VOG: Sleeper for Templar & Atheon,
    CE: Raze Lighter for Deathsinger, G-Horn for Crota
    KF: Jade Rabbit for Warpriest and Golgoroth (Given I am rarely ever on DPS). Sleeper (or Raze Lighter if Running Spark) for Oryx
    WotM: Outbreak Prime for Vosiks, Dark Drinker for Aksis

Are we doing challenge tonight? Or just standard?

Are we doing challenge tonight? Or just standard?

Challenge since you have a really good relic runner :D

Heres a video of your hero in action - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103415452&postcount=516

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Challenge since you have a really good relic runner :D

Heres a video of your hero in action - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103415452&postcount=516

Thats the right way to run the relic.

This is the wrong way:

A true hero if i've ever seen one

Thats the right way to run the relic.

This is the wrong way:

Poor Nev :D

I got a husk of the pit drop, is it worth turning it into Nechrochasm?

I got a husk of the pit drop, is it worth turning it into Nechrochasm?

Eh yes..... the handiest one to do is the Thrall one.

The one i got dropped is knights

• Advertisement

The one i got dropped is knights

Ewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I tried solo black spindle this morning,door was open.

Id say i needed an extra 30 secs this morning to get it done.

Ninja and totz got spindles and also link and project in the last hour so it still works

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ninja and totz got spindles and also link and project in the last hour so it still works

I got the ship too, and that was my first time completing it.

Cheers for the carry, jonny

No bothers at all man, maybe next time we can get you a dark drinker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

All the useful **** happens before I'm home :pac:

Hardly any interest in another spindle run this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Tazzimus wrote: »

Will try to get you through WotM for the Outbreak quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:

If someone would drag Knave's carcass through now we'd be laughing!! :D

PetKing wrote: »
    If someone would drag Knave's carcass through now we'd be laughing!! :D

Knave doesnt have a spindle???????

• Advertisement

Tazzimus wrote: »

I'll be on over the weekend I'll bring you through it, not around later until about 11 or 12 tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement