Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I'll be on over the weekend I'll bring you through it, not around later until about 11 or 12 tonight.

I might not be as available as I thought this weekend. I've a comp that's on Saturday instead of Sunday like I thought.
    I'll be on til around 12 anyway but I can have a stab solo and see how I go if no one else feels like running it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's so hard about the quest? I remember it being a mare with people screaming at each other tbh but now everyone's got swords and 400 LL is it not a breeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

PetKing wrote: »
    If someone would drag Knave's carcass through now we'd be laughing!! :D
    Knave doesnt have a spindle???????

I'll say this to both of you:

giphy.gif

I am living proof that you do not need a Spindle. 18 years been playing this game and still have not encountered anything my trusty 1K Stare coudn't handle.
    If someone would drag Knave's carcass through now we'd be laughing!! :D

I also need to do OP quest line. I'm at the first code enter stage. :rolleyes:

Still have yet to get the Nechro. :rolleyes:

Basically, you name it, I don't have it. :D

EDIT: And yes, I Destiny. Before anyone throws that gem out there. And if you do, I refer you to the embedded gif.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll say this to both of you:

giphy.gif

I am living proof that you do not need a Spindle. 18 years been playing this game and still have not encountered anything my trusty 1K Stare coudn't handle.

I also need to do OP quest line. I'm at the first code enter stage. :rolleyes:

Still have yet to get the Nechro. :rolleyes:

Basically, you name it, I don't have it. :D

Yeah but you have to reload your 1K :P

Yeah but you have to reload your 1K :P

On Goggleballs? Meh. I'm either holding gaze for damage phase or jumping out soon after to swap gaze.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

On Goggleballs? Meh. I'm either holding gaze for damage phase or jumping out soon after to swap gaze.

Warpriest says hello :P

And he's usually tethered, which can? mess with Spindles no reload perk. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Still have yet to get the Nechro.

Same.
    jonnycivic wrote:
    Yeah but you have to reload your 1K

I generally have to reload the Spindle because of enthusiastic jostling!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jade Rabbit says hello right back :P

I generally have to reload the Spindle because of enthusiastic jostling!! :P

272px-Mr._Bean_realmeme.jpg
    You'll go blind if you do it too often. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Dxvdbl

Can someone recommend weapons for the vault of glass raid? Last night was a disaster due to DPS, fairly limited atm to weapons like gally and Super Good Advice, any decent primaries myself and Linksenn could look into picking up to make this easier?

Dxvdbl wrote: »
    Can someone recommend weapons for the vault of glass raid? Last night was a disaster due to DPS, fairly limited atm to weapons like gally and Super Good Advice, any decent primaries myself and Linksenn could look into picking up to make this easier?

THere isnt really too much that would do any good but if your up for a bit of grinding to get them then do the Scout Weekly bounty for PvP and hope for a burning eye to drop. Its a really good gun, was the one I was running last night with ye and has explosive rounds so helps with the oracles etc.

I was watching the stream last night and tbh it wasn't really DPS getting you guys as mush as it was bad luck with the templar teleporting.

For everything up to Atheon, personally, a good Scout Rifle for your primary, and if it has Firefly, even better for those crit kills.

For Atheon, Ideally you want a raid primary to help with oracles, but a good sniper (1K Stare) or heavy (SGA) will make up for the lack of raid weapon.

Secondary, up to Templar, a nice void shotty or void fusion to help take down the minotaurs shields.

For Templar himself, it's a choice between shotty for his detain bubble, or sniper when you run out of heavy on you Gjally.

Your Heavy should be Gjally really, then maybe SGA if you DON'T get a raid primary from Templar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Dxvdbl wrote:

A good scout rifle is essential. And as Knave says, void shotgun and sniper. Gally and SGA should be fine for heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's really no one gun you must have, there's always some reasonable alternative. It's not like back in the day where to do end game stuff for PvE "Level 30 and GH required" or for a very small window if you didn't have the Vex you were just goo on a crucible wall.

The burning eye looks amazing, i did that scout bounty and never got one. I have a thousand yard stare and a party crasher that i can use for secondary, SGA and Gally for heavy so really i'm just missing a decent primary, i was stuck using a hawksaw last night which isnt exactly ideal.

The burning eye looks amazing, i did that scout bounty and never got one. I have a thousand yard stare and a party crasher that i can use for secondary, SGA and Gally for heavy so really i'm just missing a decent primary, i was stuck using a hawksaw last night which isnt exactly ideal.

Yeah run the bounty on each of your 3 characters every week for the burning eye, its the trials year 2 gun :)
    The hawksaw is grand, as I said it wasnt lack of DPS killing you rather than just the templar getting his transport in :)

Have a look at FWC this week, if you are able to buy from them. Their SR(The Wounded) this week has Explosive Rounds / Perfect Balance / Hidden Hand. Not a bad roll at all.

Had a look through the others, and , Faction wise, FWC is the best option. Again, if you are able to buy and have the funds to do so.

I'll give a run through on my hunter so tonight and see if i can get a lucky drop. I'm guessing that raid is on the back burner for a while after the disaster that was last night :P

Have a look at FWC this week, if you are able to buy from them. Their SR(The Wounded) this week has Explosive Rounds / Perfect Balance / Hidden Hand. Not a bad roll at all.

Had a look through the others, and , Faction wise, FWC is the best option. Again, if you are able to buy and have the funds to do so.

That would be a really good scout actually :D

• Advertisement

I'll give a run through on my hunter so tonight and see if i can get a lucky drop. I'm guessing that raid is on the back burner for a while after the disaster that was last night :P

The Chaos Dogma Scout Rifle form Wrath of the Machine Raid is one of the best in the game imho, for general PvE and Boss DPS
    Part of the reason I suggested doing that raid instead tbh.
    Perhaps Hard Mode was a bit of a reach though and we should have done Normal mode 1st

For context, I rarely unequip the (legendary) Chaos Dogma nowadays for general PvE activities. It's very like the Jade Rabbit in a lot of ways and it's High Impact
    I don't really but into this whole "Not maximum impact tier" sthick these lads do be recommending at all :P
    I was watching the stream last night and tbh it wasn't really DPS getting you guys as mush as it was bad luck with the templar teleporting.

Ehhhhhhh.... debatable
    As much as it would be easy to put it all down to that and Optimus having issues, I was looking at the Templars health the whole time.

After me and Conovar put our ~16x Sleeper Rounds into his Tethered face, you would see the health bar go down like 40%, then we'd whittle away another 30% but taking 3 times as long, and by then he was just "f**k this" -> 4th/5th/ teleport & Huge Mobs

If we don't kill him faster, the survivability factor for Optimus and then us becomes an issue.

Ehhhhhhh.... debatable

Well i watched 4/5 of the initial runs and that was your issue, you had him down to approx 1/4 health left when he teleported which is not bad at all with 3 lads that are new to it. Their primary shouldnt really matter because you'll use your heavy and sniper till the ammo runs out then take an ould heavy/special synth and go again.

Oh yeah may I also point out that 2 of the DPS lads need to throw their grenades either side of the pillar in front that should clear a good few ads.

Well i watched 4/5 of the initial runs and that was your issue, you had him down to approx 1/4 health left when he teleported which is not bad at all with 3 lads that are new to it. Their primary shouldnt really matter because you'll use your heavy and sniper till the ammo runs out then take an ould heavy/special synth and go again.

Nah, it did look and feel like that earlier. But as time progressed we realised the reason Optimus was dying so much was cause he was getting team shot by 40x mobs cause we were taking so long.

Any runs where we did not have all 5 of us with Full Secondary, Heavy and super was a f**king bust tbh. Should have just sat still for 5 mins instead. Then we'd get unlucky, the one time we would be ready and charged Optimus would have an issue after we'd used Supers / Heavies etc

As I said, I'd LOVE to say DPS wasn't an Issue. But it was. Plus, we were short on Bubbles/Tethers too. Just overall, not optimised really.

I don't think the Primary weapon is the DPS issue, nor the 1KYS, More so the lack of Sleeper tbh. Pity you can't trigger that quest in any guaranteed way

Actually, our 1st run was really, really good. Got to like 30% health fast. Pity we couldn't recapture that lightining in a bottle. We should have only done runs every 5 mins or so when fully charged.

Best bet ProjectUdyr would be just to lick your wounds and go do WotM start to finish on Normal mode and hope for some decent LL drops and a lovely Chaos Dogma off the final boss. Plus you can do the Monitors, get your Outbreak Prime quest and learn the raid.

Nah, it did look and feel like that earlier. But as time progressed we realised the reason Optimus was dying so much was cause he was getting team shot by 40x mobs cause we were taking so long.

Any runs where we did not have all 5 of us with Full Secondary, Heavy and super was a f**king bust tbh. Should have just sat still for 5 mins instead. Then we'd get unlucky, the one time we would be ready and charged Optimus would have an issue after we'd used Supers / Heavies etc

As I said, I'd LOVE to say DPS wasn't an Issue. But it was. Plus, we were short on Bubbles/Tethers too. Just overall, not optimised really.

I don't think the Primary weapon is the DPS issue, nor the 1KYS, More so the lack of Sleeper tbh. Pity you can't trigger that quest in any guaranteed way

Well how about doing the templar in 2 stages then, take a couple of the higher lads with the DPS in and rinse to get 1 or 2 through to the next section then jump back in and do it again with the remainder then continue on. They will get drops from templar that will help out through the raid. Oh if your doing Wotm then do a monitor run on normal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Best bet ProjectUdyr would be just to lick your wounds and go do WotM start to finish on Normal mode and hope for some decent LL drops and a lovely Chaos Dogma off the final boss. Plus you can do the Monitors, get your Outbreak Prime quest and learn the raid.

I'm looking to do this tonight, after iceninja, Yakuza and Tazzimus we still have 2 open spaces. Will be looking to start around 8-8.30.

Well how about doing the templar in 2 stages then, take a couple of the higher lads with the DPS in and rinse to get 1 or 2 through to the next section then jump back in and do it again with the remainder then continue on. They will get drops from templar that will help out through the raid. Oh if your doing Wotm then do a monitor run on normal :P

Yupppp, realising now that between last Night and Friday last week I may have bitten off more than I can chew with the Raid choices :pac:

Sure then when it is all going swimminlgy I'll suicide anyway :rolleyes:

(Experience & Loadout) > Light Level
    I'm looking to do this tonight, after iceninja, Yakuza and Tazzimus we still have 2 open spaces. Will be looking to start around 8-8.30.

Would you be willing to take the two lads along? If someone drops out, let me know. You may be very experience light though.

Yupppp, realising now that between last Night and Friday last week I may have bitten off more than I can chew with the Raid choices :pac:

Im sure there will be enough of us on over the weekend to do that man, should take feck all time in fairness.

Im sure there will be enough of us on over the weekend to do that man, should take feck all time in fairness.

I have some serious notions about whats achievable until I go into a Raid and have some sense slapped back into me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Would you be willing to take the two lads along? If someone drops out, let me know. You may be very experience light though.

Should be fairly ok for WotM normal, we have 3 people who know the raid between Yakuza, iceninja and myself. Get them to friend me on psn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement