Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well, thanks to Manad for making a balls of the checkpoints. Sound job, only two hours wasted :P:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Well, thanks to Manad for making a balls of the checkpoints. Sound job, only two hours wasted.
    bit harsh... but i did say sorry like?
    what more can i do.... :/

bit harsh... but i did say sorry like?
    what more can i do.... :/

Sorry won't cut it no more :p:D

APOLOGY CAKE!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Sorry won't cut it no more :p:D

APOLOGY CAKE!!!!!!

cake? well u know where u can shove that cake.....

:P

cake? well u know where u can shove that cake.....

:P

Down Oryx's gob cos it's the only checkpoint left :pac::D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I had my fun and that's all that matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Cheers to all the lads in the first group last night. Two HM raids and then take down Skolas with Dudeeile and Totzire1. Great night.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Had some craic last night in makeshift team 4 for sherpafest, although a complete disaster! Me and Fieldog & 4 noobs in VoG. Bit all over the place on sync plates outside, people leaving their one to check out what's happening elsewhere. 4 of us got in the door before it shut locking 2 outside. Had to teach them how to sparrow in the crack!
    Few wipes on confluxes as they learned to stay near them and kill fanatics. Got into the oracles stage, stayed down below to face them head on. Mass panic ensude and nobody knew to shoot oracles, and the wiping got out of control!! 2 rage quit before 4 of us abandoned it!! 
    Myself Dave and Paula went to the crucible for some drunken PvP. My k/d went down hill fast as beer consumption pushed me over the edge. Joined Cormac and co after Skolas, by which stage I couldn't see straight. Went in at 130~ light for the lols. Praetorian Foil = bad. Hezen Vengeance = Surprisingly good!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I laughed out loud several tims:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

First time doing VoG hard mode last night. Got to the last part with Atheon(?) but couldn't do that with 5. Got a nice Fatebringer drop at Templars tho :D thanks to the lads, Optimus, nocal, Solvable, Chimp and Max!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I laughed out loud several tims:

Fyp. You need the full youtube url for embedding to work, shortened versions wont work.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fyp. You need the full youtube url for embedding to work, shortened versions wont work.

Weird, looks to have embedded fine on my phone and laptop, pretty sure you only need the code at the end of the URL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

PetKing wrote: »
    Had some craic last night in makeshift team 4 for sherpafest, although a complete disaster! Me and Fieldog & 4 noobs in VoG. Bit all over the place on sync plates outside, people leaving their one to check out what's happening elsewhere. 4 of us got in the door before it shut locking 2 outside. Had to teach them how to sparrow in the crack!
    Few wipes on confluxes as they learned to stay near them and kill fanatics. Got into the oracles stage, stayed down below to face them head on. Mass panic ensude and nobody knew to shoot oracles, and the wiping got out of control!! 2 rage quit before 4 of us abandoned it!! 
    Myself Dave and Paula went to the crucible for some drunken PvP. My k/d went down hill fast as beer consumption pushed me over the edge. Joined Cormac and co after Skolas, by which stage I couldn't see straight. Went in at 130~ light for the lols. Praetorian Foil = bad. Hezen Vengeance = Surprisingly good!!

Lol, disaster would be putting it lightly. We very nearly had the Oracles at one point. Thanks for the sherp I'm sure we'll be more organised the next time......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One of the most enjoyable night's of gameplay I've had so far in Destiny. Getting 2 HM raids done was one thing, completing both along with taking down Skolas in the space of just over 4 hours though; isn't something I'd have ever believed I could say I've done :pac:

Fair play to all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Cheers to all the lads in the first group last night. Two HM raids and then take down Skolas with Dudeeile and Totzire1. Great night.

Thanks again

Jaysus, I was surprised we managed Skolas, I didn't hold out much faith for that to be honest. After just missing the last mine on the second set by about 1 sec, we said we'd give it another go. It's still tricky when you haven't done it before but we managed to nail it next time around, awesome job.

VOG went pretty smooth as there's always a few wipes on Atheon. CE was a different animal, the abyss is great craic and we sunk a few runs in there while the rest played out OK even after Cormac over cooked Crota on the first sword.
    First time doing VoG hard mode last night. Got to the last part with Atheon(?) but couldn't do that with 5. Got a nice Fatebringer drop at Templars tho :D thanks to the lads, Optimus, nocal, Solvable, Chimp and Max!

Fatebringer you say, first run, not sure how I feel about this...;) Pretty sure there's some day 1 people out there that still haven't had that drop. Nabbed 2 exotics myself and 7 strange coins from POE so can't complain.

On another note, the inferno rumble playlist is not counting for my rumble wins for grimoire score, this upsets me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

We managed to finish it after you had to leave. Idea Squirrel joined us. Shame you have no mic. It only takes two runs to take him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »

VOG went pretty smooth as there's always a few wipes on Atheon. CE was a different animal, the abyss is great craic and we sunk a few runs in there while the rest played out OK even after Cormac over cooked Crota on the first sword.

Overcooked him on the first sword? We destroyed him on the first sword. He goes down after the 5th hit with a tether, he only enraged after he was already dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

+1! Thanks to all lads. Absolute gents with loads of patience!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

We managed to finish it after you had to leave. Idea Squirrel joined us. Shame you have no mic. It only takes two runs to take him down.

Believe it or not, I found that free ear piece thing this morning that you get free with the PS4 :pac: whether it's good or not is another story though, never used it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sherpa-fest was a serious laugh, Hard VoG, Hard CE and Skolas all done in 4 hours (5 hours with breaks etc). Fair play to the new lads, to marks for doing their jobs spot on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Believe it or not, I found that free ear piece thing this morning that you get free with the PS4 :pac: whether it's good or not is another story though, never used it before

It will do the job, but not the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have an Oryx checkpoint (well, two) - anyone want to try help kill the bstard later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Things I recently learned
    - the Jolly Holiday quest isn't as difficult as expected
    - TLW is still pretty decent
    - I can snipe with the 1000 yard stare

Hi-light of the weekend. Close game of control coming to an end. My team of randomers is catching up. I'm lost and stumble across the other team capturing a point. I have hammers. Life is good!:)

Some of my friends say it's really good. I wouldn't know. Spent ages setting up the PS4, fired it up and went to get some beer. Walked back into the room and stepped on the headset killing it instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Day two without Destiny... Dave realises his addiction is greater than previously thought.

He anxiously awaits the evening time where he can over indulge on destiny and possibly go blind....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have to say I couldnt believe we got all that done in a few hours on Friday, well done lads and thanks for showing us the ropes :)

Got a year 1 exotic out of VoG I think it was. Im now upto nearly 260 light and have a good few legendary bits upgraded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Some of my friends say it's really good. I wouldn't know. Spent ages setting up the PS4, fired it up and went to get some beer. Walked back into the room and stepped on the headset killing it instantly.

I found it grand from an audio point of view. I don't know how the other people in the game/party felt about its quality though. Didn't last me long though as one of the cats decided to eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Things I recently learned
    - the Jolly Holiday quest isn't as difficult as expected

I had Jolly Holiday well past 50%, after not playing Crucible for a few days, I checked it last night - it's 0%!

So you obviously have to complete it in a given time frame (reset?). I've been doing it on the daily Crucible, not really made a huge effort to finish it - but it still felt like a few wasted days.

I had Jolly Holiday well past 50%, after not playing Crucible for a few days, I checked it last night - it's 0%!

So you obviously have to complete it in a given time frame (reset?). I've been doing it on the daily Crucible, not really made a huge effort to finish it - but it still felt like a few wasted days.

Garbage, I did not know this. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Not so sure about that, you sure you didn't play a match or two since? it diminishes very quickly if you have a bad game. I remember dropping from 75% to 10% in one game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement