Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dxvdbl

I was using all of my heavy and special and by the time i would run out he would be teleporting, i was running weapons of light too. Not sure what else i could have done to speed it up, i dont have access to the sleeper or anything.

Any way for us to get the sleeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dxvdbl wrote: »
    I was using all of my heavy and special and by the time i would run out he would be teleporting, i was running weapons of light too. Not sure what else i could have done to speed it up, i dont have access to the sleeper or anything.

Add sniper_samurai and he can help ye both with WotM at 8:00/8:30.
    Normal mode WotM would be my recommendation. Ex-Machine and Choas Dogma and Void Quantiplasm are all grat Weapons. The Steel Medula is good too and the Armour (especially the Gaunlets are awesome).

Just make sure to save your Siva Cache key for after the final boss so you can increase your chance of Artifacts/Ghosts/Pulse/Scout
    Any way for us to get the sleeper?

Total RNG Bull****. Doesn't even come from 3oC

Joe/Linksenn is actually out of the house and not around untill about 9 ish, wont ask everyone to wait if ye'r gearing to head on at 8.

For me 8 means 9. This is known.

For Sniper, not so sure :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

For me 8 means 9. This is known.

For Sniper, not so sure :P

Should be ok for me starting at 9, not sure about iceninja though.

No problem if ye can't wait just tear on yer selves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

After the 4th block the Templar starts teleporting straight away usually you have a couple of seconds. I'm not able to get across any faster. 99% of the time just as I pop shield he's appear on top of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

After the 4th block the Templar starts teleporting straight away usually you have a couple of seconds. I'm not able to get across any faster. 99% of the time just as I pop shield he's appear on top of me.

Yep but warlock is not the fastest mover so the ball is back in your court!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

For you 8 means 9 which turns into hold on I'm just rolling a fag which in fact turns 9 into at least 9.20

This is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »

Well there it is, hope y'all enjoy IB and NLB.

To be honest though, a lot of the weapons are competitive right now (if you remove sidearms), shame they couldn't give it a final polish to leave something that might be enjoyable to play every now and again but looks like they just want your D2 money.

Any recommendations for getting from 390-400 light? Reached the point where engrams aren't decryption any higher than 390, can feel the uphill battle already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any recommendations for getting from 390-400 light? Reached the point where engrams aren't decryption any higher than 390, can feel the uphill battle already.

Crucible, faction packages, 380/390LL raids, Nightfall, Crucible weekly/Zavala Strike bounties, Archons Forge.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Linksenn

I have the checkpoint for Templar in VOG(Hard) and would like to get it done before the checkpoint resets, has anyone good tips for weapons that can help DPS the boss that aren't completely out of arms reach to get?

Me and Project were mainly the reason we couldnt complete the phase 1 takedown (if i remember correctly) Cause im using GHorn and Viking funeral but he just was not dropping health fast enough and the runner couldn't stop his teleport.

Or is the runner able to keep him there regardless of how long it takes us?

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep but warlock is not the fastest mover so the ball is back in your court!

Objection your honour!! Relevance, It took this lad 3 years to Crota sword.

Linksenn wrote: »
    I have the checkpoint for Templar in VOG(Hard) and would like to get it done before the checkpoint resets, has anyone good tips for weapons that can help DPS the boss that aren't completely out of arms reach to get?

Me and Project were mainly the reason we couldnt complete the phase 1 takedown (if i remember correctly) Cause im using GHorn and Viking funeral but he just was not dropping health fast enough and the runner couldn't stop his teleport.

Or is the runner able to keep him there regardless of how long it takes us?

I think we were hampered by the fact that except myself and conovar the other 4 are called Dave.

I just started the quest for the sleeper, i have to do the cade stash mission next then some public events, hopefully tomorrow i will be able to get the mission from the gunsmith to get the simulant, if myself and linksenn get it we should be laughing.

dudeeile wrote:
    To be honest though, a lot of the weapons are competitive right now (if you remove sidearms), shame they couldn't give it a final polish to leave something that might be enjoyable to play every now and again but looks like they just want your D2 money.

I would have liked special to change back to the old system.

At the time I thought it would be a great change but after playing it,found it just frustrating.

to be honest it put me off pvp which caused me to shelf the game for the last month, longest I've gone not playing in 3 years. Shame of a way to fizzle out.

Still D2 looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Linksenn

Anyone interested in Attempting VOG from the Templar checkpoint hard mode and challenges. Monday evening at 7/8 (depeneding on what suits people) we already have 2 (Myself and DXVDBL) so anyone else wanna help out? :P

• Advertisement

Does "Carry More Ammo for Sidearm" on Boots mean you spawn in with more in PvP either originally or each life?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does "Carry More Ammo for Sidearm" on Boots mean you spawn in with more in PvP either originally or each life?

No, it only applies to reserves, not mag.size

As far as I remember it puts a few more rounds to your starting reserve, but I don't think the effect carries over after a respawn.
    No, it only applies to reserves, not mag.size

True. But it does pop a few into your reserve

So I've just realised there is 95 Exotic Weapons in the Game now.
    What would everyone think are the worst 5 or 10?
    Was talking to one of the lads about it and what with you only being able to use 1 at a time, it means a lot of guns just don't have a valid use case in any scenario

NTTE (muzzle flash)
    Boolean Gemini (average tier Legendary Scout)
    Khvostov (broken?)
    Dragons Breath (G-Horn outclasses it)
    Hereafter (useless piece of $h!t)
    Nemisis Star (and maybe Abbadon and Nova Mortis too - generally hard to argue a case for having these when a Legendary MG will do)
    Zen Meteor (not Black Spindle, no good use case)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pretty much all of the KF adept weapons seemingly.

I found NLB, Universal Remote and Lord of Wolves all fairly useless too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I've always had a soft spot for Boolean Gemini. I used it for a while in PvP way back when. scope is not too intrusive, rate of fire is good and it's very stable for head shots. Best of the bad lot there.

Edit: It has crap perks, which means it really is a waste of the exotic slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PetKing wrote: »
    I've always had a soft spot for Boolean Gemini. I used it for a while in PvP way back when. scope is not too intrusive, rate of fire is good and it's very stable for head shots. Best of the bad lot there.

Edit: It has crap perks, which means it really is a waste of the exotic slot.

think it has intrinsic high cal rounds, which made it a decent counter to Sniper play, but never got much use regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Pretty much all of the KF adept weapons seemingly.

I found NLB, Universal Remote and Lord of Wolves all fairly useless too

Universal Remote is a beast. Especially in Supremacy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Boolean Gemini has one of the fastest ttk if you set it up right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Universal Remote is a beast. Especially in Supremacy

Ah I wouldn't be a big shotgun user anyway. Usually if I'm that close in the crucible I'm already dead :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement