Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Finished the AoT book, awww yeah! I'm going to order the tshirt during the week XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wexdevil wrote: »
    Finished the AoT book, awww yeah! I'm going to order the tshirt during the week XD

Do you mean "finished, finished" or "completed, finished".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Do you mean "finished, finished" or "completed, finished".
    Oh just completed, I'll never ever finish everything in it as I will never ever play ToO

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I finished my AOT book a while ago and won't be buying the T-Shirt.

If anyone wants my code, let me know and you can have it.

• Advertisement

Where does one find one's code?

Asking for a fellow gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Where does one find one's code?

Asking for a fellow gentleman.

www.Bungie.net/triumphs

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I finished my AOT book a while ago and won't be buying the T-Shirt.

Same here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So I've just realised there is 95 Exotic Weapons in the Game now.
    What would everyone think are the worst 5 or 10?
    Was talking to one of the lads about it and what with you only being able to use 1 at a time, it means a lot of guns just don't have a valid use case in any scenario

NTTE (muzzle flash)
    Boolean Gemini (average tier Legendary Scout)
    Khvostov (broken?)
    Dragons Breath (G-Horn outclasses it)
    Hereafter (useless piece of $h!t)
    Nemisis Star (and maybe Abbadon and Nova Mortis too - generally hard to argue a case for having these when a Legendary MG will do)
    Zen Meteor (not Black Spindle, no good use case)

I love the Khvostov, but I guess part of that is I adore the look of it.

That titan only auto rifle was fairly crap iirc, Fabian Strategy. Definitely agree about Dragon's Breath and Hereafter. Hated NLB and I also wasn't a fan of Dreg's Promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Does anyone still have a Pocket Infinity? Can't remember seeing my one in ages. They didn't sneakily delete it from everyone's account, not sure they could do that anyhow. Man they hated that gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Does anyone still have a Pocket Infinity? Can't remember seeing my one in ages. They didn't sneakily delete it from everyone's account, not sure they could do that anyhow. Man they hated that gun.

It's a shame, great fun in its pomp. Occasionally use mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

nevelator wrote:
    Same here.

Ye should offer them over on Reddit if nobody takes ye up here. I see people asking for them and trading over pms.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

But.........but Petking said we could.

Generic just wants you to go begging for his approval. Whaddajerk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Lemme know if you plan on doing that cause....

But.........but Petking said we could.

It was that thread I saw with people sharing codes, and thought to myself, how nice! LOCKED!!

Lads anyone want to pm me a spare age of triumph code? Brothers bday in two weeks so it would be a handy surprise as he hasn't been able to finish the book yet due to lack of internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Lads anyone want to pm me a spare age of triumph code? Brothers bday in two weeks so it would be a handy surprise as he hasn't been able to finish the book yet due to lack of internet.

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

fair play to dude for sending you one.

however i have my doubts about you getting it in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Anyone about tomorrow to help out on the outbreak prime quest? On the be the battery stage at the mo, require the assistance of a hunter and titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Anyone about tomorrow to help out on the outbreak prime quest? On the be the battery stage at the mo, require the assistance of a hunter and titan.
    Got my hunter on that step, should be on around 7:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Have we a friendly titan willing to make it three?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Have we a friendly titan willing to make it three?

I can help with my Titan if you do not find another Titan on the same step. Or if you fail to find a friendly Titan :D

Played some solo queue clash last night - a painful experience.

Played two games in a row that were 4vs6 for 90% of the match after players quit early.

Lost the first one 10000 to 8400 or something like that - I picked up 2700-2800 points of my teams score which I think is near enough the best I have ever done in clash. 21-13 I think I went. Got a lovely double kill. On sector 618, knew they were coming from A flag so I threw a grenade on the wall facing down the corridor towards A heavy, positioned myself down the way - both players came around the corner at the same time, into the grenade and I spammed a couple of pulse shots at the pair to finish them off. Think I got a third coming to flank me from B just after too.

The second 4vs6 didn't go as well... 14-10 I think, and I was top of my teams board with that.

Trying to get the trials pulse rifle to drop from the pulse bounty - no luck yet.

Played some solo queue clash last night - a painful experience.

So stop doing it...

:o

So stop doing it...

:o

but that attitude is why i am average at the game. I won't get better unless I continue to play and learn how to react and play in different game modes.

You think you'll get any better at the game playing solo Queue Clash? Come on now.... come on...
    I won't get better unless I continue to play and learn how to react and play in different game modes.

You have 19 wins in total combined in Skirmish and Salvage. We've been through this

http://destinystatus.com/psn/Conovar/grimoire

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You think you'll get any better at the game playing solo Queue Clash? Come on now.... come on...

You have 19 wins in total combined in Skirmish and Salvage. We've been through this

Shots fired :P

Yep - but I've an even bigger fear of solo queueing in small communication focused game modes. No one around to play those game modes with anymore - I really should have put effort in when there was a usual group of people on. Regretting that now, with Destiny 2 moving to 4vs4. skills from Salvage, Skirmish and Trials are going to be way more transferable than Control, Rift, Supremacy, Clash.

• Advertisement

I got much better at the game grinding those 3v3 wins (particularly Salvage before the rebalance).
    He's reached his peak in 6v6 and plateau'd
    I'm only repeating the harsh truths I've said before
    Yep - but I've an even bigger fear of solo queueing in small communication focused game modes. No one around to play those game modes with anymore - I really should have put effort in when there was a usual group of people on.

I've found the matchmade randoms in 3v3 exponentially better tbh since there's more personal onus on each player.
    You've made this into a HUGE thing for like.... 18 months now. Just boot up 3v3 for an hour and stop making it this big Shakespearian thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement