Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Skirmish was probably D1 at its most competitive. Looking forward to 4v4, always found 6v6 to be a bit of a cluster****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How about this...

If AdamD thanks this Post you stop wasting your time on Solo Queue 6v6 and at least try get the 25 wins in Skirmish (8 needed) and Salvage (13 needed) before June ends :P

Edit: That timing tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I got much better at the game grinding those 3v3 wins (particularly Salvage before the rebalance).
    He's reached his peak in 6v6 and plateau'd
    I'm only repeating the harsh truths I've said before

I've found the matchmade randoms in 3v3 exponentially better tbh since there's more personal onus on each player.
    You've made this into a HUGE thing for like.... 18 months now. Just boot up 3v3 for an hour and stop making it this big Shakespearian thing

I am a fearful player - in all respects - I know that.

Will boot up some 3s next time I get on. (probably late tonight). Feck it - i may even stream it for the lols!

"I don't want the added pressure of 3v3"

*Streams Live Gamplay*

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

*Streams Live Gamplay*

For the lols though.

Conovar, if you want the comfort of a fellow boardsie, I'll try jump on tonight and fail alongside ya.

• Advertisement

Sitting back in 6v6 concentrating purely on KD probably won't get you that far either IMO.`

Funnily enough whenever I've played recently I've found 3s to be far easier, maybe the low population takes away the SBMM a bit.

*Streams Live Gamplay*

It'll be quality proof of why I don't play 3s!:D

For the lols though.

Conovar, if you want the comfort of a fellow boardsie, I'll try jump on tonight and fail alongside ya.

I imagine I will be on by around 9.30 or 10. I'll post on the PSN chat when I am logging in. If you are around feel free to hop in and marvel at my gunskill

Run stuff/exotics that are more impactful in 1v1s

Impossible Machines -> No
    Ophidian Aspect with Life Steal -> Yes

You get the idea, at worst be trading, don't be expecting to work the body and have some randomer finish them off

Run stuff/exotics that are more impactful in 1v1s

Impossible Machines -> No
    Ophidian Aspect with Life Steal -> Yes

You get the idea, at worst be trading, don't be expecting to work the body and have some randomer finish them off

So.... Hunter double tripmines. :D

• Advertisement

Something like that yeah, I don't run Gunslinger tbh

The beta version of Destiny Item Manager now has a weapon grading system. Kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

The beta version of Destiny Item Manager now has a weapon grading system. Kinda cool.

I first read that as grinding system...both versions are legit. :pac:

The grading system is kinda poor, at the moment. Based on weapon reviews but there aren't many of those inputed yet. For example, my PDX-45 is a 5* gun, off one review. (probably right though!).

I'm not sure how much the perks you have available on your roll come into the grading - I remember them talking about it on podcasts before and it seems like it was to be quite indepth in how they graded. Just the beta version though, so obviously they are probably looking to improve it over time.

All my palindrome's are rated the same off the same reviews, so clearly actual perks are not being taken into account - if they don't change that in the future its not that good a feature as the roll of a weapon determines its quality imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All my palindrome's are rated the same off the same reviews, so clearly actual perks are not being taken into account - if they don't change that in the future its not that good a feature as the roll of a weapon determines its quality imo.

Yeah but all the palindrome's over the last 18 years have been exceptional rolls. :D

So.... Hunter double tripmines. :D

I'd be running incendiaries for 3s. Tripmines are very all or nothing and aren't overly effective against decent players. At least with incendiaries you can do some damage consistently before engaging in gunfights.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd be running incendiaries for 3s. Tripmines are very all or nothing and aren't overly effective against decent players. At least with incendiaries you can do some damage consistently before engaging in gunfights.

I'll probably go solar titan double stickies. Cause... meta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'll probably go solar titan double stickies. Cause... HAMMERS.

FYP

jonnycivic wrote: »
    FYP

I prefer to use the solar charge, cause it is awesome fun, and I tend to miss my hammers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I prefer to use the solar charge, cause it is awesome fun, and I tend to miss my hammers.

Switch to homing hammers so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Remember when Hammers were OP? I mean they're still pretty good but Jesus what were they originally thinking?
    What's the solar charge alternative to hammers?
    Got the Warlock and Hunter to level three for the IB helmet last week, no hassle. Played one game as a Titan and got murdered, sighed heavily and put Far Cry 4 back on.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Remember when Hammers were OP? I mean they're still pretty good but Jesus what were they originally thinking?
    What's the solar charge alternative to hammers?
    Got the Warlock and Hunter to level three for the IB helmet last week, no hassle. Played one game as a Titan and got murdered, sighed heavily and put Far Cry 4 back on.

Hammers still are OP in the right hands :P

Solcar charge is the shoulder charge thingy.

I ended up being absolutely toxic in that last game. Couldn't get into a gunfight without their team either running away or lobbing stickies. Some good games before though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Give me a shout if ye lads are looking to run some Trials this weekend. I should be on early-ish.

Give me a shout if ye lads are looking to run some Trials this weekend. I should be on early-ish.

If your doing carries chimp I'll be on :P

On a seperate note, I might be able to get nathan to do a couple of carries tomorrow night. Who hasn't gone flawless yet and I'll see what I can sort out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Not looking for a carry, have been to the Lighthouse once but would like to make it again. Had a few decent runs with dudeeile and Nev a few weeks ago and went 8-1 with Adam 2 weeks ago.

The main thing I'm finding is a lot of us wan't to run Trials but it's very hard to get a team together consistently.

The main thing I'm finding is a lot of us wan't to run Trials but it's very hard to get a team together consistently.

Yeah, I really wanted to get some regular trials going months ago but just people were not up for it at all.

Schedule it like you would a Raid. People seem to be too reactionary in the PS chat instead of planning it from what I've seen. Not that I trials much

Schedule it like you would a Raid. People seem to be too reactionary in the PS chat instead of planning it from what I've seen. Not that I trials much

We tried that previously generic but when it came time for it people opted out cos they werent in the mood etc.

• Advertisement

You know why I never really "got into" trials? Zero craic when you are hungover and not as much fun when you're having a few drinks compared to 6 player content.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement