Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You know why I never really "got into" trials? Zero craic when you are hungover and not as much fun when you're having a few drinks compared to 6 player content.

Then don't be hungover or drinking and you'll be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Then don't be hungover or drinking and you'll be grand :P

e191d073110fd1fd9a744b1dad06798f.jpeg

Is my response to that :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

e191d073110fd1fd9a744b1dad06798f.jpeg

Is my response to that :P

Have you bought friday yet? :P

Now that hungover with you in it would be hilarious.

Nope. Simply because I'm prioritising games I want to finish 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So, first weak attempting to get better at 3s... it has gone as well as I thought it would....

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    8 24 193 85 201 0.96 1.38 33.33%

Some close matches, some matches we lost but I didn't personally do bad in - and a load of HORRIBLE matches.

away this week now so no more attempts until the weekend. I assume it will be salvage next week though so I might just wait for Skirmish to come back up.

• Advertisement

That's not that bad tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

PS4 exclusive content coming to Xbox this october.

Last Iron Banner from 1st of august and Trials of Osiris will be live for the last time from the 11th of august.

Veteran rewards for destiny 1 players in destiny 2 are emblems,unlocked for various moments of triumph over the life of destiny 1,grinmore of more than 5000 and having a rank of 7 in the triumph book. Meaning some are only available for year 1/2/3 triumphs. Also the cut off point for achieveing the two that can still be done is august 1st.

May have forgot a bit so link below

www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45983/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--06222017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Kind of sad to see things happening for the last time like IB. My operation is scheduled for August 1st, so my silent guardian will run that week! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

EoinHef wrote: »
    PS4 exclusive content coming to Xbox this october.

Last Iron Banner from 1st of august and Trials of Osiris will be live for the last time from the 11th of august.

Veteran rewards for destiny 1 players in destiny 2 are emblems,unlocked for various moments of triumph over the life of destiny 1,grinmore of more than 5000 and having a rank of 7 in the triumph book. Meaning some are only available for year 1/2/3 triumphs. Also the cut off point for achieveing the two that can still be done is august 1st.

May have forgot a bit so link below

www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45983/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--06222017

It's a kick in the teeth for the XBox folks, to be getting the remainder of the PS exclusives right before they effectively shut down D1. I don't really mind exclusivity periods, but this 'At least a year' malarky is OTT.

Kind of surprised about the Rank 7 for RoI book, considering theres what? 23/24 Ranks? Also, 10 points over the Grimoire threshold. :cool::cool:
    PetKing wrote: »
    Kind of sad to see things happening for the last time like IB. My operation is scheduled for August 1st, so my silent guardian will run that week! :(

Have to agree. Hopefully, the last IB will be a Mayhem mode (Control?) just to make the last one fun.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The exclusive stuff should have been released when they relaunched the old raids (the taken king stuff at the very least), really poor form from them

• Advertisement

So you'll be becoming Petqueen then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Kind of surprised about the Rank 7 for RoI book, considering theres what? 23/24 Ranks?

Tis the AOT book, not ROI book :)

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Tis the AOT book, not ROI book :)

Your Right. I read the Owning Rise of Iron bit, and then just equated that with the Rise of Iron book.

OJPX5Wiy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The best thing about me moving from D1 to D2 will be that I get to start fresh in PvP and my K/D ratio.

It took me far too long to get good at crucible and finally, in the past 3 months, I can now achieve a >1.00 K/D in almost every game.

Because it took me so long to get good, I would need to play about another 200 matches to get my average up from my current .85 KD.

I'll miss D1 a lot though, unsure if I will go back (I might for the single player stuff) but I guess a vast majority will move on.

I have all the armor, weapons, emblems, ships, shaders, emotes and Grimoire. sad to say goodbye when it'snot on my terms!!

Onwards and upwards.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The exclusive stuff should have been released when they relaunched the old raids (the taken king stuff at the very least), really poor form from them

Can't imagine it was their choice to continue exclusivity - seems the logical explanation is the year two stuff was exclusive until after D2 cable out, which was supposed to be last September. When the sequel got pushed the exclusive dates moved with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

My operation is scheduled for August 1st,

We bid a sad farewell to PetKing and a fond welcome to PetQueen!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

God damn, I should have read the rest of the thread... I'm not deleting it.

God damn, I should have read the rest of the thread... I'm not deleting it.

Ill delete it so :P

So clans are remaining capped at 100 - and while I hoped there would be stronger integration of affiliated clans... the alliance feature is actually going completely!

Very disappointed with their poor implementation and integration of clans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

So clans are remaining capped at 100 - and while I hoped there would be stronger integration of affiliated clans... the alliance feature is actually going completely!

Very disappointed with their poor implementation and integration of clans.

No more Clan 2&3?

No more Clan 2&3?

they will continue to exist (cause no one else wants to make changes) but there will be no bungie recognition of an alliance between them, which isn't actually a change from current in reality. I wanted either bigger clans or that allied clans would be considered as one clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have a clan 2 tattoo. Any change would make things awkward.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I have a clan 2 tattoo. Any change would make things awkward.

I think its time to tell you we had a powers that be pow wow and are putting you into clan 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Yeah the clans thing is a little disappointing, I'm curious to see how the migration will work with the group system on b.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

wexdevil wrote: »
    Yeah the clans thing is a little disappointing, I'm curious to see how the migration will work with the group system on b.net.

No insider info then.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

No insider info then.

Like I could even tell if I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

There's not even 100 actively playing destiny for months, considering that clans level up etc we should really try and get the active active players into one clan and use clan 2-3 for overfill of filthy casuals.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    There's not even 100 actively playing destiny for months, considering that clans level up etc we should really try and get the active active players into one clan and use clan 2-3 for overfill of filthy casuals.

That was my argument but the consensus was it would be a lot of work for no reason.

I was even thinking from perspective of trophies - doing activities as a clan will likely be a few of them, so I think it would make sense that the people who generally play together should be in the same clan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

That was my argument but the consensus was it would be a lot of work for no reason.

I was even thinking from perspective of trophies - doing activities as a clan will likely be a few of them, so I think it would make sense that the people who generally play together should be in the same clan.

The best option might be to leave a few spots open in each clan so people can move around to knock out trophies and the like but then revert back to their original clan. Putting all active people in one clan probably won't do much for the community in general.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement