Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just start a new clan with the few who are active on here now/play together and make that the main PS clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I did a check on the clans a few weeks ago (I know a few people have joined since).

I counted 129 people between the 3 clans that I can't remember playing destiny since the very beginning, if ever...

13 people that I think were relatively active at different stages (but I don't think I played with so can't remember fully)

96 people that have been or are still very active.

As I say though, I think there have been a few additions to the clans since I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just start a new clan with the few who are active on here now/play together and make that the main PS clan.

Jaysus I wouldn't like to close up shop, plenty more fun people out there to game with, we've had new people join throughout D1 life, many who will be back but certainly some new additions.

I'm looking forward to some new voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We won't get down to 100 or less regardless. So that means we still need at least 2 clans.
    I don't see the value if trying to distill 2.5 clans worth of people into 2.
    You're just gonna pi$$ people off for no tangible benefit cause the onus will be on them to go and join whatever clan we deem them as qualifying for.
    Look at this from the Point of view of a user who played for a lot for 15 months and then stopped.
    Hardly a welcoming community message "You got kicked from Clan 1 cause you don't play enough right now, go join Clan 2 kthnxbye"
    This would create an ongoing problem as you would be taking the ~40 people from Clan 3 and moving them into 1 or 2.
    Basing the PSN Chat requirements on level of activity is fine, that expectation has always been there and managed well, doubling down on that for Clans is just ughhh.
    How often would these "Activity" based clan refreshes be happening? Cause if in 6 months, someone in the core 100 didn't play no-life D2, do we need to shift them out?
    The more I think about this, the more I foresee a load of cr@ppiness for the majority of the users end and a load of poor attempts at trying to then convey to them why we did xyz

We won't get down to 100 or less regardless. So that means we still need at least 2 clans.
    I don't see the value if trying to distill 2.5 clans worth of people into 2.
    You're just gonna pi$$ people off for no tangible benefit cause the onus will be on them to go and join whatever clan we deem them as qualifying for.
    Look at this from the Point of view of a user who played for a lot for 15 months and then stopped.
    Hardly a welcoming community message "You got kicked from Clan 1 cause you don't play enough right now, go join Clan 2 kthnxbye"
    This would create an ongoing problem as you would be taking the ~40 people from Clan 3 and moving them into 1 or 2.
    Basing the PSN Chat requirements on level of activity is fine, that expectation has always been there and managed well, doubling down on that for Clans is just ughhh.
    How often would these "Activity" based clan refreshes be happening? Cause if in 6 months, someone in the core 100 didn't play no-life D2, do we need to shift them out?
    The more I think about this, the more I foresee a load of cr@ppiness for the majority of the users end and a load of poor attempts at trying to then convey to them why we did xyz

Still think we could straight up boot a load of people. There are loads that have basically done nothing with the clan and hardly played the game. A load of names in clan 1 and 2 that I'm not sure I've ever seen play the game. And I am not basing that on they quit out during the content draughts.... There are people I straight up don't think played destiny for more than an hour! Don't see why they should keep a place in the clan simply because they applied in 2015.

• Advertisement

I have no issues booting someone who has never, ever really been active since Sept 2014
    But I don't want to just do it to make Clan 3 less relevant, when this is entering the time when Clan 3 will need to be more relevant.
    If you want to do some deep dive analysis on the Clan Members of 1 and 2 who are legitimately dead weight, send the names my way and I'll review them
    EDIT: Just limit it to maybe 10 players from 1 & 2 combined for now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dudeeile wrote: »
    Jaysus I wouldn't like to close up shop, plenty more fun people out there to game with, we've had new people join throughout D1 life, many who will be back but certainly some new additions.

I'm looking forward to some new voices.

Not sure where you're getting shutting up shop from. If you play regularly with the same group of people why wouldn't you want to be in the same clan? At least until you get any trophies you want. Nothing stopping more people being added to that clan or starting other clans as needed be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have no issues booting someone who has never, ever really been active since Sept 2014
    But I don't want to just do it to make Clan 3 less relevant, when this is entering the time when Clan 3 will need to be more relevant.
    If you want to do some deep dive analysis on the Clan Members of 1 and 2 who are legitimately dead weight, send the names my way and I'll review them
    EDIT: Just limit it to maybe 10 players from 1 & 2 combined for now

Id say we could probably free up a good 30 spaces in Clan 1 by doing this.

True. But I don't want to completely decimate Clan 3 just for the sake of it.... it was only just gaining some momentum now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Clan 3 is where its at though tbf..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Id say we could probably free up a good 30 spaces in Clan 1 by doing this.

And thats just El-Senior's alt accounts.

Ba-dum-tish!

If 30 people can be moved from Clan 1. Then promote people from clan 2 and move everyone over from clan 3.

yes/no/maybe.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not sure where you're getting shutting up shop from. If you play regularly with the same group of people why wouldn't you want to be in the same clan? At least until you get any trophies you want. Nothing stopping more people being added to that clan or starting other clans as needed be.

Well ya did say start a new clan! We already have clans but they just need to be adjusted and everything should be aok.
    If 30 people can be moved from Clan 1. Then promote people from clan 2 and move everyone over from clan 3.

yes/no/maybe.

I don't think thats a good idea, remove players where we can and consolidate down to 2 clans with an even spread of regulars. We should also leave space in each clan so that if someone needs to hop for a specific activity then they can, of course they should be expected to re-join their orignal clan after.

I don't think thats a good idea, remove players where we can and consolidate down to 2 clans with an even spread of regulars. We should also leave space in each clan so that if someone needs to hop for a specific activity then they can, of course they should be expected to re-join their original clan after.

So which is it 2 clans or 3.

I think we need to put a pin in this till the game is actually out and see how the new clan system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

see how the new clan system works.

Crazy talk

So which is it 2 clans or 3.

I think we need to put a pin in this till the game is actually out and see how the new clan system works.

We have about 240 or so people in total across 3 clans.

As far as I can see you could easily remove 50 from Clan One alone - either through not having played destiny in over a year and a half or just not having been active in the clan in the first place.

In Clan two I can see another 49 people that would be candidates for getting removed for the same reason.

So out of the 240 people there is an argument you could bring that down to 150 or less. So from Dudeeiles suggestion you could have two clans of 75 people, with 25 spaces in each. 2 clans, loads of space.

I don't see it as being a case of needing to wait to see how the Clans function. We know they are not getting bigger and it seems clan alliance is even less of a thing (now nothing at all) than it was. It has nothing to do with how they function in game, really, though Bungie seems to be putting emphasis on them so I assume there will be rewards (confirmed) and trophies (not confirmed) tied to them.

I don't see why we should be keeping people in the Clans that have hardly touched the game and, more importantly, never got involved in actually playing the game with the Clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

as long as I can still post nonsense in the ps chat I don't care what you do with me.

I should clarify when I said move players I meant remove. Then promote upwards.

So dudeeile sort of said what I was saying. Just that he used bigger words.

I will say I may have been a bit naive in assuming how few totally inactive players we actually have actually looking now at the breakdown Conovar did

I will say I may have been a bit naive in assuming how few totally inactive players we actually have actually looking now at the breakdown Conovar did

BTW you are the only one that has seen that breakdown. I was going to send it to the clan admins the morning (link to the google doc) but there are 7 or 8 people and I can only send the message to 5... so I gave up. :p

• Advertisement

I'm finished work at 4. I'm going to pop down to the Winchester and wait for this to all blow over. You're welcome to join.

I'm going to PM all the Clan Admins on PSN so about this

I added a re-worked tab to that shared workbook thingy and I reckon there is actually a lot of players that can be removed from Clan 1 and invited into Clan 2 for Destiny 2 if they so wish. I mean to be fair, 15 players at least hadn't played since 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I'm going to PM all the Clan Admins on PSN so about this

CDB will be sure to have some valuable input :p

Where does one obtain the codes for the Beta? Just been on the Bungie site and am confused. :confused:

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Where does one obtain the codes for the Beta? Just been on the Bungie site and am confused. :confused:

Comes with pre-order.

Comes with pre-order.

Fyi I don't think Amazon have sent out codes yet, still waiting on mine.

Comes with pre-order.

I pre-ordered ages ago from PSN. Have they sent out the codes yet?

No way I'd go Amazon (Ascendia) and I don't have parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered ages ago from PSN. Have they sent out the codes yet?

No codes for PSN preorders, you'll automatically have access to the beta when it's available

I preordered from Gamestop, heard nada

• Advertisement

I preordered from Gamestop, heard nada

Think the beta code should be on your receipt if booked in store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement