Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Think the beta code should be on your receipt if booked in store.

Booked online

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Booked online

lulz... no beta for you. Will let you know what it is like. :D

Sounds like he is going for a classic blue orb strat, let's see if it pays off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ye can take me out of Clan 1 if ye want. I joined way back when the game was released, and even though I raided a good few times back then I wouldn't call myself a hardcore player like most people who post here. (My interest died when TDB came out).

As long as I've access to the group when I'm stuck and need some help I'm cool :pac:

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Ye can take me out of Clan 1 if ye want. I joined way back when the game was released, and even though I raided a good few times back then I wouldn't call myself a hardcore player like most people who post here. (My interest died when TDB came out).

As long as I've access to the group when I'm stuck and need some help I'm cool :pac:

Well, are you gonna be getting Destiny 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Well, are you gonna be getting Destiny 2?

More than likely yeah, but I honestly ain't fussed about what Clan number I'm in.

Well sure, stick around so. If we need you gone, we'll let you know :P

Booked online

you getting it via PSN as well or just going with the hardcopy and waiting for GameStop to deliver?

I'm not sure yet tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

From what I can gather you have more hard drive space than the US defence force at home. Why not go digital? I generally buy the discs but have had the odd problem (TLOU in particular had to buy again). Going Digital for this. Only downsides I see is you can't sell it on (meh) and you could lose all you games if you misbehave.
    Initial download may be an issue I guess.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    From what I can gather you have more hard drive space than the US defence force at home. Why not go digital? I generally buy the discs but have had the odd problem (TLOU in particular had to buy again). Going Digital for this. Only downsides I see is you can't sell it on (meh) and you could lose all you games if you misbehave.

for loads of games the initial download seems to be required whether you have the disc or not, which is annoying!

yeah I just assume it's a lot longer if you don't have the disc

actually having just typed this I seem to remember spending an awful long time watching the install screen in Destiny 1 and looking at a disc crawl round to 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Same here, bought the version with the 2 expansion passes. Had to buy PSN credit through gamestop as PSN does not want to take money directly from me no matter how hard I try.
    Am I right in thinking that we will be able to download the game in advance of release?

yeah pretty sure you can download in advance of release but are locked out until the release date.

I just inject money into the PSN system from my credit card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'm not sure yet tbh

I don't know what to do, I don't normally buy games on digital unless they are Indies but out of pure laziness and never really removing the D1 disc from my console I'm considering getting Destiny 2 digitally and wanting to play it at 12

If there was a midnight launch though I would get the hard copy, I may have to spin down the road to Swords on the day but that's not really an issue

i went digital so that I could (1) pre-download it in advance of it going live and (2) I don't want to take the disc out when swapping to Anthem. I think most of my purchases from now on will be digital.

Its going to be a big download whether you go digital or not, I reckon, and with the speed of the PSN servers at the best of times, September 6th would be a massive ball ache if I don't have it downloaded in advance.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Standard practices to be able to pre-load a few days before the game comes out so i wouldn't worry too much.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Standard practices to be able to pre-load a few days before the game comes out so i wouldn't worry too much.

Yes - if you have gone digital. If you go disc you won't be able to pre-load. Which is a big reason I went digital (so I don't suffer the download speed problems when I could be playing it)

There's nothing more depressing than reading the estimated download time is 999 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anyone any tips for CoE this week,best score managed so far was about 20k.

Have a good grenade build on but just not regening quick enough,eventually hits the timer and start losing points before i can get a decent amount of grenade kills.

• Advertisement

Haven't played COE in ages but normally the answer to anything grenade related is Nothing Manacles + Scatter Grenade = Win

Chaff - Player radar is disabled.
    Trickle - Recharge of abilities is significantly reduced.
    Grenade Kill Bonus - Grenade kills are worth more points.

Trickle...

My advice... don't bother with CoE tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah trickle is being the problem,two grenade charges,two guns that give me grenade energy,melee gives me grenade energy,super perk that speeds up grenade and melee recharge with full super and still cant get enough grenades....fook that so

Trickle makes me not play Destiny, period

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Boo to Trickle. Gimme some of that sweet sweet Daybreak...I swear I had two bubbles running in the Wretched Eye strike at the priest at the end when it was the NF a few weeks back.
    I'll be on later, would like to get a NF done to get the XP boost for Iron Banner (is this the last IB ever?) Need to get my titan to Level 5 for the book.

2nd to last Iron Banner i think

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yes - if you have gone digital. If you go disc you won't be able to pre-load. Which is a big reason I went digital (so I don't suffer the download speed problems when I could be playing it)

I think I read/saw somewhere that the pre-load will be available on the 4th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yakuza wrote: »
    Boo to Trickle. Gimme some of that sweet sweet Daybreak...I swear I had two bubbles running in the Wretched Eye strike at the priest at the end when it was the NF a few weeks back.
    I'll be on later, would like to get a NF done to get the XP boost for Iron Banner (is this the last IB ever?) Need to get my titan to Level 5 for the book.

Last IB will be the first week in august and then trials will finish up the same weekend (Aug 11th)

Will they just flick a switch and remove access to everything? Is Destiny 1 world dead from 06/09/2017. Wouldn't really have any reason to go back to Destiny 1 but like everything else once I know I can't I'll want to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Will they just flick a switch and remove access to everything? Is Destiny 1 world dead from 06/09/2017. Wouldn't really have any reason to go back to Destiny 1 but like everything else once I know I can't I'll want to.

Destiny 1 will still be there, just no more trials/IB or any more updates :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement