Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Later tonight next week I'll be pre-loading the deluxe digital edition
    I'm not giddy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Later tonight next week I'll be pre-loading the deluxe digital edition
    I'm not giddy

Pre-load for PS4 starts Thursday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I hadn't opened Ishtar Commander is quite a while. I looked in on it and can see a marked improvement in the smoothness of the app, it feels great. It was always jerky for me when I cycled between characters and from weapons to armour. I also see that side swipe screen with D2 countdown, squeeeee! Does anyone know how that will work? Will they support both games through the one app? A new app for D2? Or switch off D1 support?

PetKing wrote: »
    I hadn't opened Ishtar Commander is quite a while. I looked in on it and can see a marked improvement in the smoothness of the app, it feels great. It was always jerky for me when I cycled between characters and from weapons to armour. I also see that side swipe screen with D2 countdown, squeeeee! Does anyone know how that will work? Will they support both games through the one app? A new app for D2? Or switch off D1 support?

They planned to do both via the one app, but have decided against it (if I am thinking of the right developer update).

The current app will update to Destiny 2 when it is updated sometime in September/October.

You will need to download a new app (basically the current version) to use with D1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So after our last raid on Saturday which was a bit of a laugh I will be deleting Destiny 1 tonight from the ps4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mine was uninstalled as soon as the last achievement popped on Rise of Iron. I'm going to attempt to be similarly ruthless with Destiny 2 from the get go, I don't want to end up playing mainly one game for 6 months or more again. :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Mine was uninstalled as soon as the last achievement popped on Rise of Iron. I'm going to attempt to be similarly ruthless with Destiny 2 from the get go, I don't want to end up playing mainly one game for 6 months or more again. :o

Yeah it's weird that I played this game for about 3 years solid basically doing the same stuff over and over

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

6 months or more..... i got 2 years out of destiny :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was being conservative with that estimate, didn't really include House of Wolves, TTK or RoI in that figure. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

After doing the Wrath of the machine raid on friday night with the lads, I was tempted to uninstall D1 but couldnt bring myself to do it. I did move it off of my SSD and onto the internal drive though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Jumped in with the lads for PvP after their Raid, given I was in an absolute heap after a huge session on Friday, I f**king wrecked the gaf
    7,600 average score for the night (it was Rift), and mercied about half our matches safe, to say I finished Destiny 1 up on high :pac:

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/query/ps/GenericDreadhead?mode=24&startDate=2017-08-26&endDate=2017-08-27&characterId=0

jonnycivic wrote: »
    So after our last raid on Saturday which was a bit of a laugh I will be deleting Destiny 1 tonight from the ps4 :D

Was looking at this earlier thinking why would you do that and now I can't help thinking why wouldn't you?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was looking at this earlier thinking why would you do that and now I can't help thinking why wouldn't you?

Extra space for more games, I have played destiny once in the last 2-3 months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Extra space for more games, I have played destiny once in the last 2-3 months :P

Yea so you can load on other ganes you will never play.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yea so you can load on other ganes you will never play.

At least I load them up :P hey im getting through them all lately will ya stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

There is no way I am ever deleting D1.
    3 years playing, collecting the best weapons, armor and gear! I will still be playing D1 for some time yet.

I'm not feeling the love for D2 (Beta and news only I'll admit!) just yet but hopefully I will be proven wrong! I'm a creature of habit.

The cabal are my least favourite enemy and a game about them??? Just not sure!

I'm kind of the same but haven't really played D1 in weeks. Not stuck for space at the moment so it can stay. Deleting and reinstalling games isn't a huge issue for me. The only ones that take ages seem to be Battlefield 4 and Destiny 'cos of all the digital DLC.

I'll very likely be playing some D1 on Tuesday night, to be fair. like i do near every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The cabal are my least favourite enemy and a game about them??? Just not sure!

giphy.gif

I've been gunning for a Cabal Raid for sometime now, ever since the Outbound Signal mission (Message sent to Cabal Emperor, who we now know as Gary). I would have been disappointed if that never led to anything.

Can't wait to get into the raid, whatever it it is. A full raid fighting 10ft tall space turtles?

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It feels so weird (and great) to play this with a mouse and keyboard. Looking forward to getting into it again.

If only cross play worked :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Enjoyed watching the beta the last few days. I'd love to feel the scope on a mouse. Kraftyy's sniping was crispy on pc. And once again, it's the feckin sounds of the game more than anything that I love! Blink sounds savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

this game is fecking amazing on pc, so so so so smooth. also aiming is spot on will be hard to go back to console version .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

As far as I know I'm in Clan 1.

I've been trying to stay away from all D2 news but I heard something about being in a Clan is good.

So am in the right one? There's 2 boards ones.

Does it even matter?

Sorry I would Google this but I don't want any game spoilers and God knows what would come up.

Cheers

As far as I know I'm in Clan 1.

I've been trying to stay away from all D2 news but I heard something about being in a Clan is good.

So am in the right one? There's 2 boards ones.

Does it even matter?

Sorry I would Google this but I don't want any game spoilers and God knows what would come up.

Cheers

You'll be grand. Both clans are all set and good to go for D2, it doesn't really matter which one you are in. As of yet we don't know exactly what the clan rewards will be but I'm expecting it's only going to be cosmetic and who cares about cosmetics, amiright?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dudeeile wrote: »
    You'll be grand. Both clans are all set and good to go for D2, it doesn't really matter which one you are in. As of yet we don't know exactly what the clan rewards will be but I'm expecting it's only going to be cosmetic and who cares about cosmetics, amiright?

Ah if it's only cosmetic I don't care.

Well that much anyway. Lol.
    We all like a good looking guardian.

Thanks a mil

It looks like their are "seasons"whereby your clan can "rank up" from 0 -> 4 and it looks like at each rank up (as far as 4 anyway) there will be a reward. Not sure if you can continue to go beyond Rank 4.

The 4 rewards appear to be engrams (so not cosmetic, actual tangible "rewards") - only visible on Mobile atm (pic 3)

There's also Clan Banner "Perks" that require chatting to the new NPC Hawthorne, no idea what these are (probably minor stuff like 10% more glimmer from PvE enemies etc, I doubt they would affect things like PvP Class Perks as it would imbalance the game overall too much)

Also there are leaderboard type things for assisting people with Guided Games as a Clan (not sure mechanically how this works)

JBlZ5EOl.jpg

xhImi8bl.jpg

L4FvlJnl.png

I'm sorry the pics keep coming out huge, I don't really know why Imgur does that cr@p :/

I'm sorry the pics keep coming out huge, I don't really know why Imgur does that cr@p :/

JBlZ5EOl.jpg

xhImi8bl.jpg

L4FvlJnl.png

YsbKHg1.gif

just add l at the end, so that https://i.imgur.com/JBlZ5EO.jpg becomes https://i.imgur.com/JBlZ5EOl.jpg

That's a lower case L :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fine on mobile !!

• Advertisement

I edited them there, just add an 'l' to the end of each url before the .jpg and it embeds a large thumbnail instead of the full size pic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement