Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Where's clan 1's banner?
    More importantly, who's designing it?
    #nojaderabbitplease :sick:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Where's clan 1's banner?

k8Cb1OKl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Ponied up for a PS Pro and pre ordered. Of course I'll be gone for a week or so right after it launched. Fecking work

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Ponied up for a PS Pro and pre ordered. Of course I'll be gone for a week or so right after it launched. Fecking work

Me too. Booked a holiday back in January. Fly out tomorrow for 3 weeks. Typical!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Where's clan 1's banner?

No rabbits, but we have cats...

Screenshot_20170901_095633.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Totally buying into the hype now. What's the cheapest place to buy for PS4? Digital or physical.

Bungie have announced the end games dates.
    Raid : 13th September
    Trials : 15th September

Thats not long at all after launch - Only a week. Wasn't VOG held for nearly a month?

I hope that doesn't mean it only takes a week to max out light - Would utterly kill longevity!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Totally buying into the hype now. What's the cheapest place to buy for PS4? Digital or physical.

Physical, can get it for around €50 from UK or €55 if prebooked in Smyths(€60 without order).

Best value is D2 + both expansions which is just shy of 100 Euro on the digital store.

Physical copies are a lot more expensive. 75 Euro in Gamestop just for the core game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bungie have announced the end games dates.
    Raid : 13th September
    Trials : 15th September

Thats not long at all after launch - Only a week. Wasn't VOG held for nearly a month?

I hope that doesn't mean it only takes a week to max out light - Would utterly kill longevity!

I think VoG was only 8 days after release for NM. May have been a month for HM.

They only ones who will be running for a Worlds First will be the usual suspects: Broman Gothalion Datto etc. I'd be very surprised if it only takes a week of average playtime (being 3 to 4 hours a day) to reach Max Light/Raid Ready Light

• Advertisement

They only ones who will be running for a Worlds First will be the usual suspects: Broman Gothalion Datto etc. I'd be very surprised if it only takes a week of average playtime (being 3 to 4 hours a day) to reach Max Light/Raid Ready Light

Uggh!! I don't think I could handle Broman getting world's first!!

Worlds First List
    VoG: PrimeGuard (11 Hours)
    CE: Invigorate Gaming (6 Hours)
    KF: Broman/Gothalion/TeaWrex/FallingCow/Charionna/rebelize (~7 Hours)
    WoTM: Redeem (1 Hour 56)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I dislike him immensely, no great fan of gothalion either but at least he is just himself, that broman **** though... As genuine as generics shiny couch..

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I dislike him immensely, no great fan of gothalion either but at least he is just himself, that broman **** though... As genuine as generics shiny couch..

If you look at his early vids, where he explains the mechanics of the raids (VoG and CE) he's actually decent in getting the info across in an easy to understand way. He's not all that bad, but not someone I would actively follow either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jcd5971 wrote: »

This is the f**king counch alright, so let's put that mater 100% to bed

http://www.natuzzi.ie/en-UK/product/oltre-81c15182.html

You can tell you boyos have never seen genuine leather couches :cool:

It's shiny cause of all the sweat from all these Pro Plays and Pro Play Accessories

And frankly with Broman, 1st impressions last, my 1st impression of him was in the House of Wolves reveal stream, and it was one of the most painful viewing experiences of my life

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://www.natuzzi.ie/en-UK/product/oltre-81c15182.html

You can tell you boyos have never seen genuine leather couches :cool:

It's shiny cause of all the sweat from all these Pro Plays and Pro Play Accessories

Your putting your couch to bed? :pac:

I heard its not sweat, its a different body fluid altogether :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That would explain my Twitch channel being banned :/

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Your putting your couch to bed? :pac:

I heard its not sweat, its a different body fluid altogether :pac:

It's Mrs Dreadhead's birthday every. night. of. the. week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dudeeile has made me paranoid. Is my voice low in party chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just take the wrapper off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Average playtime Is 3-4 hours a day....

I hardly get an hour these days

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This site is pretty damn cool. Just seen a link to it from here

Lets you look at stats for recent matches, and the usual stuff

But when you click on an individual game it checks to see if there's any stram of said match, and links you to it with with a timestamp

https://guardian.theater/activity/2/6627290704

Vid is from someone on the other team

Had never seen this before tonight. Was trying to look up how many hours I've played Destiny for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Made a conscious decision that last night was my last night playing Destiny.

Played the daily and a few strikes with a couple of mates.

Then visited the tower for the last time.

Sat up on top postmans gaff, enjoyed the view and then turned it off for the last time.

What a game.

....roll on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Is anybody around here waiting on the PC version or is everybody going straight in with the console version? I am undecided on which to buy. The PS4 hasn't got much use lately in the last year. Only for story games.
    Im gonna be away for most of september and aswel which is making me lean towards waiting for the PC version. But I dont want the game to be ruined waiting for a month aswel. Decisions, decisions.:confused:

Is anybody around here waiting on the PC version or is everybody going straight in with the console version? I am undecided on which to buy. The PS4 hasn't got much use lately in the last year. Only for story games.
    Im gonna be away for most of september and aswel which is making me lean towards waiting for the PC version. But I dont want the game to be ruined waiting for a month aswel. Decisions, decisions.:confused:
    To be honest, it all depends on how you play. Solo or with mates/Clan. Then, if it's mates/Clan, where will they be. For me I'll be sticking with PS. We've built a nice community around this game and have branched off in to other titles. I'm too old to start all that again on another platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm thinking of getting it on the pc as well, already have it paid for on the ps4.

Few of the lads in work are on about getting it on pc, plus it looks fantastic on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think they've definitely missed a mark by not allowing your characters to cross platforms. That would be a pretty easy thing to accomplish and would definitely be a big draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think they've definitely missed a mark by not allowing your characters to cross platforms. That would be a pretty easy thing to accomplish and would definitely be a big draw.

I would hope it's a case of its coming at some point - it's just a can't say much with the initial "we need to make loads of money off this period" at launch...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Played for 9 hours at launch :D.

Hands a little sore though. I wish the ps4 controller was a bit more ergonomic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So how are people getting on?

Is it any good? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement