Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I had Jolly Holiday well past 50%, after not playing Crucible for a few days, I checked it last night - it's 0%!

So you obviously have to complete it in a given time frame (reset?). I've been doing it on the daily Crucible, not really made a huge effort to finish it - but it still felt like a few wasted days.

I've not touched that quest in AGES and it is at 43% I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,345 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had Jolly Holiday well past 50%, after not playing Crucible for a few days, I checked it last night - it's 0%!

So you obviously have to complete it in a given time frame (reset?). I've been doing it on the daily Crucible, not really made a huge effort to finish it - but it still felt like a few wasted days.

There's no timeframe on it. If you have TLW equipped in Crucible the % will go up and down when you get kills or get killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not so sure about that, you sure you didn't play a match or two since? it diminishes very quickly if you have a bad game. I remember dropping from 75% to 10% in one game.

Maybe thats what's going on. I just checked - my last 4 Crucible games were 1.5, 0.6 0.4, 0.7...
    So maybe it's down to sucking at Crucible more than a reset thing :(

(Although the only reason I've been sucking at Crucible is due to the nerf of TLW...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does anyone care to try get 5 wins later in Trials?

Also, since we're all talking about finishing the Jolly Holiday request here is my Trials promotional video, I can replicate this one in every 3 games I reckon :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe thats what's going on. I just checked - my last 4 Crucible games were 1.5, 0.6 0.4, 0.7...
    So maybe it's down to sucking at Crucible more than a reset thing :(

(Although the only reason I've been sucking at Crucible is due to the nerf of TLW...)

Yeah those negative K/D's will have probably killed it, you also lose progress for losing a match. I got it done without much hassle, if I had a bad start to the match or the map wasn't suited to it I would always unequip it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

First post here in a while but its needed,

I was playing Trails over the weekend and as you do when you see a "see you next Tuesday" with bad connection you throw them a little message of abuse and tell them sort out their bad connection and stop ruining ToO for everyone else.

So I am now banned from communications on xbox live :( Ooops...!!

Anyone had this before? I'd like to figure out when the ban ends, the enforcement.xbox.com does not give me any set date of when I get to come back from it.

Any thoughts would be great!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the highest level that Rare stuff can be?

Im asking cos I am upgrading my sword, currently have it at 255 :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was playing Trails over the weekend and as you do when you see a "see you next Tuesday" with bad connection you throw them a little message of abuse and tell them sort out their bad connection and stop ruining ToO for everyone else.

Anyone had this before? I'd like to figure out when the ban ends, the enforcement.xbox.com does not give me any set date of when I get to come back from it.

I take it that's why we couldn't hear you when you joined the party last night? I don't think those bans last particularly long, like a day or two at most you silly silly boy. :P

At least Fallout is out tomorrow.....
    jonny24ie wrote: »

300, though it's rare to get one at that. As your light level grows you'll see higher and higher level on blue stuff you get, always have your highest gear equipped when decrypting engrams.

You can get Blues all the way up to 299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Haven't seen anything above 300 299 myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Only had time for one round of Trials this weekend. Lost first game, so boons gone. Debated whether to go back and get a fresh ticket, but decided against it due to time. Went 9-1 afterwards. We were all gutted, especially because we got incredibly unlucky on the first game and were matched with 3 trials emblems.

Not my favourite map ever either. Too much **** to get stuck on when you are trying to close gaps.

Cormac... wrote: »
    gimli2112 wrote: »

Got a 300 blue hand cannon in crucible a while back so it's 300, but very very rare.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thanks lads, just wanted to make sure gear went above the 280 mark so I can upgrade it fully. Hopefully tonight it will be done :D

I take it that's why we couldn't hear you when you joined the party last night? I don't think those bans last particularly long, like a day or two at most you silly silly boy. :P

At least Fallout is out tomorrow.....

300, though it's rare to get one at that. As your light level grows you'll see higher and higher level on blue stuff you get, always have your highest gear equipped when decrypting engrams.

I know, I'm a dope, but I generally find it funny when someone sends me a bitta hate mail.

Thats half the fun to me. Different folks for different strokes.

I will get onto tech support on twitter and see how long it lasts.

Cheers Mick.

PS fúck Fallout, Tomb Raider for the win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Trials map was horrific, such a poor choice from Bungie. The weekend CoD came out too.

Bag got a 24 hour ban for that a while ago. Prob the same for you.

Got a 300 blue hand cannon in crucible a while back so it's 300, but very very rare.

Yeah, was pretty sure I'd seen one too. Just didn't want to contradict the font of all knowledge :p

And I'm just here sending the best player on the opposing Crucible team "GG" and random newbies in the tower "Welcome :)" or random Lord Shaxx quotes

#JustPlaystationThings

AdamD wrote: »
    That Trials map was horrific, such a poor choice from Bungie. The weekend CoD came out too.

Yeah, it doesn't reward you for good play. You snipe a guy camping in his spawn area but his team just continually revive because it is so difficult to close the gap into their territory to own that kill.

Got the new Trials pulse though. Really good gun, far prefer it to Nirwen's Mercy even though the archetypes are the same. Got the sniper as well but it will never be used outside normal crucible. If a sniper can't revive snipe, it is useless in Trials.

Yeah, was pretty sure I'd seen one too. Just didn't want to contradict the font of all knowledge :p

Who ? cormac ? The leader of the MisInformationNauts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I know, I'm a dope, but I generally find it funny when someone sends me a bitta hate mail.

Thats half the fun to me. Different folks for different strokes.

I will get onto tech support on twitter and see how long it lasts.

Cheers Mick.

PS fúck Fallout, Tomb Raider for the win!

make sure you tweet them a link to this

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I played trials at the weekend to knock out the bounties on my Titan. Found 2 like minded fellas on Reddit, we are getting destroyed at the start - but when we went to 2 losses we seemed to get matched against people at the same level and the games were closer. I guess that is a thing now similar to how 8-0 players are matched?

I don't normally play as a titan - but that sunbreaker super lasts forever. In one game we were down 4-1 and I was the last one standing jumping away from fire. I though sure I may as well pop my super. Hammer one fella, he self revives and I hammer him back down again. Next lad pops his golden gun - hammer to the face for him. Last lad pops his blade dance - he gets a bunch of hammers as well. I shut down 3 supers, albeit poorly used, with my hammer - crazy.

I am also sick of camouflaged bladedancers with invective/fourth horseman.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Who ? cormac ? The leader of the MisInformationNauts ?

Light Level 330 Blues dropping from Lvl8 Sepiks Strike!

nevelator wrote: »
    I played trials at the weekend to knock out the bounties on my Titan. Found 2 like minded fellas on Reddit, we are getting destroyed at the start - but when we went to 2 losses we seemed to get matched against people at the same level and the games were closer. I guess that is a thing now similar to how 8-0 players are matched?

I don't normally play as a titan - but that sunbreaker super lasts forever. In one game we were down 4-1 and I was the last one standing jumping away from fire. I though sure I may as well pop my super. Hammer one fella, he self revives and I hammer him back down again. Next lad pops his golden gun - hammer to the face for him. Last lad pops his blade dance - he gets a bunch of hammers as well. I shut down 3 supers, albeit poorly used, with my hammer - crazy.

I am also sick of camouflaged bladedancers with invective/fourth horseman.
    Not sure how the matchmaking is done tbh. We lost our first game 5-4 to a bunch of guys with new trials emblems, so clearly decent players. We then won our next 8 relatively easily and lost our 9th 5-4 again (tbf, the other team went 4 up). Decided to finish out the ticket anyway.

I think you are just matched against teams on a similar number of wins from what I can tell. Bungie says it will be team on the same tier as you, but I doubt after we lost our lighthouse decider that the system then found some team that was also 8-1 to match us with. Could be wrong I guess, but with matchmaking taking into account region, connection suitability and win tier status, I find it hard to believe that there will always be a team for you to play that meets the criteria in that two minute matchmaking window between games.

Light Level 330 Blues dropping from Lvl8 Sepiks Strike!

True story bru!:cool:

Not sure how the matchmaking is done tbh. We lost our first game 5-4 to a bunch of guys with new trials emblems, so clearly decent players. We then won our next 8 relatively easily and lost our 9th 5-4 again (tbf, the other team went 4 up). Decided to finish out the ticket anyway.

I think you are just matched against teams on a similar number of wins from what I can tell. Bungie says it will be team on the same tier as you, but I doubt after we lost our lighthouse decider that the system then found some team that was also 8-1 to match us with. Could be wrong I guess, but with matchmaking taking into account region, connection suitability and win tier status, I find it hard to believe that there will always be a team for you to play that meets the criteria in that two minute matchmaking window between games.

Yeah I think it goes by wins and ignores losses, so if you manage to get to say 5 wins and lose two matches you're still quite likely to get matched with a team who have breezed to 5 wins without a loss and it won't even look to see if they're on say a twenty game win streak in trials outside of their current passage.

I think its purely down to wins on the card (so losses won't matter). And the wins may be tiered 0-3, 3-5, 5-7, 7-9. Pure speculation on my part but that's roughly the trend I'm getting from checking out the opposition on Trials Report before each game. I think it bases the matchmaking on the highest card on your team. So I've kept playing on a full card whilst my team mates have been on new cards and it just put us against people with 7/8 wins constantly.

Funnily enough had my best ever trials game with Gimli when I was hungover to f**k

Funnily enough had my best ever trials game with Gimli when I was hungover to f**k

Over years of PvP on various fps games I've come to the conclusion I'm at my best when hungover. Play so much calmer and never rage

• Advertisement

yeah you were pretty good. The lad we were playing with is about the best pvp player on my list and you were showing him up. I wasn't helping matters as I was getting drunk and clearly not following directions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement