Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

quad_red wrote: »
    So how are people getting on?

Is it any good? :pac:

Only got to play for 2 hours last night, it's bloody unreal so far, I won't spoil anything but man you are going to enjoy it...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I only played as far as arriving in the social area for the first time, and already the story line is 10 times better than D1. It also looks far more impressive (probably thanks to not having to support 360 and ps3).

The main enemy is a complete rip off of Bane from Batman though.

Also:
    He can kick me off a spaceship from thousands of feet and I survive, but a much lower fall in-game will kill me. Go figure. :pac:

I am a little disappointed that guardians look exactly the same though, the customisation options are still really limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Fieldog wrote: »
    Only got to play for 2 hours last night, it's bloody unreal so far, I won't spoil anything but man you are going to enjoy it...

oh god I wont be home till about 5pm I cant freaking wait :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

2 hrs at launch, now stuck at work until 5.
    Thank God I've got 5 days off next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Played through a good few hours last night, up until I got to Titan. I thought the opening mission (the beta one) looked absolutely stunning but once I got to EDZ I felt as though the game isn't as clear/sharp as the first game, like vents look a bit fuzzy etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    once I got to EDZ I felt as though the game isn't as clear/sharp as the first game, like vents look a bit fuzzy etc.

It looks way better than the original. You might need a new TV or eyes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Destiny Item Manager is already working with D2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It looks way better than the original. You might need a new TV or eyes :confused:

Playing with the same TV and eyes I played the first one with :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Hit lvl 20 and 3rd warlock subclass is unlocked, guess it's time to continue the story

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Playing with the same TV and eyes I played the first one with :pac:

They probably need an upgrade :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mine has arrived in the Parcel Motel depot. Expect it to be delivered this evening.

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mine has arrived in the Parcel Motel depot. Expect it to be delivered this evening.

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!

Same, disappointed as it should have arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

That_Guy wrote: »

BUT I WANT IT NOW!!

Where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Played through a good few hours last night, up until I got to Titan. I thought the opening mission (the beta one) looked absolutely stunning but once I got to EDZ I felt as though the game isn't as clear/sharp as the first game, like vents look a bit fuzzy etc.
    emmetkenny wrote: »

I get what he's talking about.

The aliasing in the farm is really bad. Kind of let down by the hardware to be honest. The Tower was clean in both its look and feel. Very urban and futuristic.....which made it easier to look pretty. The Farm is outside, and it's harder to do grass, foliage, etc.

The waves on Titan look super impressive from far away but absolute garbage from medium to short distance. Like, we have been able to do water better than this since 2002.

Parts of the game look terrific and yet parts look truly awful. It's a little jarring.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Story done, now onto the grind!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So, given today was the only chance I have to play this game til the middle of the month, after a solid 13hrs I've hit lvl 20 and maxed all 3 three subclasses. That'll have to do for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Screwed myself over by ordering the cheaper US digital version and had to wait until 5am this morning for it to unlock. Managed to get through the tutorial missions and out into the social area before having to put it down, but should be able to get back on later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There’s only one thing that bugs me at the moment and that’s my stupid guardian doesn’t speak. To make it worse my hunter just looks like a complete gimp and I’m sorry i never changed him. He just stands there making stupid gimp faces whenever anyone talks to him. I want to punch him so friggin hard.
    To make it worse the person with the most character is Cayde who’s a bloody robot. Zavala should have been the robot not Cayde.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hope you guys are enjoying launch,im away at the top of the world at the moment but im jonesing for a game of Destiny 2,first world problems!!!

Ill be back saturday,gonna play through as much of the story content as i can before back in work tuesday night,look forward to joining up with you guys then!

For what its worth below is my view earlier today but id rather be wrecking garys face right now:)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Blazer wrote: »
    There’s only one thing that bugs me at the moment and that’s my stupid guardian doesn’t speak. To make it worse my hunter just looks like a complete gimp and I’m sorry i never changed him. He just stands there making stupid gimp faces whenever anyone talks to him. I want to punch him so friggin hard.
    To make it worse the person with the most character is Cayde who’s a bloody robot. Zavala should have been the robot not Cayde.

The non-speaking guardian does look and feel really out of place, it would have been much better to get another 2 voice actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Survival is THOROUGHLY entertaining me as a PvP mode.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Hope you guys are enjoying launch,im away at the top of the world at the moment but im jonesing for a game of Destiny 2,first world problems!!!

Ill be back saturday,gonna play through as much of the story content as i can before back in work tuesday night,look forward to joining up with you guys then!

For what its worth below is my view earlier today but id rather be wrecking garys face right now:)

Dear Eoin,

If you wouldn't mind keeping the glorious views to yourself (the beer and the view from the mountains!) that would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
    All the Guardians currently in work dreaming of kicking some ass.

Hey Guys/Girls,

Details below about the next mission I'm due to do when I get home around 5.15 for anyone who would like to join.
    I've just finished the mission on titan and I am just about to move onto the next plant, cant remember the name but its the ice plant where you go to find cayde.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭klose

Been humming and hawing over whether to get this or not as I've followed barely any build up. Sunk countless hours into destiny 1 but always has issues with it over its content and repetition yet I found myself always coming back.
    From what I can tell there's 1 new subclass for each of the 3 types of character, no new enemy types (taken are still about, really?!?) and pvp is now 4v4. Any other positive changes as they certainly don't sell the game to me.

klose wrote: »
    Been humming and hawing over whether to get this or not as I've followed barely any build up. Sunk countless hours into destiny 1 but always has issues with it over its content and repetition yet I found myself always coming back.
    From what I can tell there's 1 new subclass for each of the 3 types of character, no new enemy types (taken are still about, really?!?) and pvp is now 4v4. Any other positive changes as they certainly don't sell the game to me.

I would have had similar thoughts about Destiny 1, honestly I think the community here is why I stuck it out so long.

Decided early on it gave me 100's of hours playtime so didn't owe me anything as I 100% got my moneys worth and I would pre-order the second.

To say I'm delighted is an understatement, I found myself getting the feeling of a young child Christmas as soon as I got home for work and loaded it up the first time.

even though I've only played about 3-4 hours and haven't gone into the PvP world yet, the story line is already better than the first, the villain is a real villain for once! with cut scenes showing him and you slowly hate him more and more.

I got the deluxe version for 100euro that comes with the first two expansions and I'm very happy, but if your unsure about the game maybe buy the standard and see how you feel.

also I've heard people saying they are getting the ps4 destiny bundle who already have the game, maybe they'll sell that on new for a little cheaper than it would be in the shops?

Best of luck Guardian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How do you all feel about the microtransactions? Seems like there is some serious annoyance on reddit over them, specifically the shaders. One time use paid shaders sounds like total bull**** to be fair.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,294 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Even without the micro transaction aspect, making the shaders a consumable is pretty crap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Played a few hours yesterday. Really enjoying it so far but I was too sick to continue and went to bed for an epic 14 hours of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Even without the micro transaction aspect, making the shaders a consumable is pretty crap.

That is a weird one. Wonder what they will do with raid shaders, if there is any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    Mickeroo wrote: »

That is a weird one. Wonder what they will do with raid shaders, if there is any?
    I think the new raid shaders will be these Aura things. Seems shaders are consumable for reason now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement