Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I didn't realise my Silver didn't carry over... Boourns

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

If you see me online and are looking to grind some public events feel free to send on an invite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How the heck does this efficiency thing work?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Angron wrote: »
    How the heck does this efficiency thing work?

I think it's Kills + Assists/Deaths...don't know why they didn't just put in K/D. it's annoying not even showing deaths.

Speaking of PvP, it seems pretty much impossible to find a match unless you're on your own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think it's Kills + Assists/Deaths...don't know why they didn't just put in K/D. it's annoying not even showing deaths.

Speaking of PvP, it seems pretty much impossible to find a match unless you're on your own.

It has to do with a combination of Kills plus objectives. If you are 1.0 then you are pretty much getting decent kills and objectives etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah, did my first game of PvP earlier and I got 3.4, and it put me on the top of the board despite one of the other players getting 3.5. Not a very helpful system.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Angron wrote: »
    Ah, did my first game of PvP earlier and I got 3.4, and it put me on the top of the board despite one of the other players getting 3.5. Not a very helpful system.

But it was the same in destiny 1 with k/d. You could top the table with a poorer KD, cause you got more points.

Your efficiency is your kills and assists devided by deaths.

It's now the same as in overwatch - you get an 'elimination' for taking part in a kill. Considering the game emphasises team shooting now more than ever, it makes perfect sense to report it this way.

Oh, I didn't actually notice getting eliminations for taking part in kills. Handy enough I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

What the delivery light level and power in the roaster screen? Some layers have different levels when open their characters to inspect. Others seem to how a stat with their total kills in place of their power

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Some layers have different levels when open their characters to inspect. Others seem to how a stat with their total kills in place of their power

Thats to do with which emblem they have attached, some show how many kills you have, others show how many public events etc you have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

jonnycivic wrote:
    Thats to do with which emblem they have attached, some show how many kills you have, others show how many public events etc you have done.

Cheers. My spelling is awful as I re read my post. Temp phone with awful keyboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

jonnycivic wrote: »

I was wondering why some people had different information displayed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I bought the hard copy. How big is the update file to download?

Ll260, making some progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I bought the hard copy. How big is the update file to download?
    108244834_0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

That took me way too long to get. I think someone posted that the update is about 6GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Even without the micro transaction aspect, making the shaders a consumable is pretty crap.

That's really crap. No chance I'll use any until I'm fully levelled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

penny arcades strip today

i-hdvjtLH-2100x20000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Finally got internet up and running, waiting for the update to download now so I can join in the fun. Looks like it'll be a late night!

Anyone have any problem infusing guns?
    I’ve an exotic that I need to infuse but it doesn’t give me the option. It’s the sunset hand cannon so not sure whether the same class of gun ie energy hand cannon or any energy weapon.
    I know an ordinary hand cannon doesn’t work definitely and an energy sidearm doesn’t allow me either

• Advertisement

Nightfall was easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Anyone else having issues checking messages and community on psn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What are flashpoints that are mentioned in the picture?

Its so great having events now midweek :)
    Suits me way better as working weekends.
    Must get my other characters upto speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭McMafia77

I got the PS Pro Destiny bundle on launch. Thing is, I already have the Digital Deluxe version. If theres anyone from the clan who was on the fence about buying the game and hasn't got it yet, I could look into doing a Clan discount on the physical copy, I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone have any problem infusing guns?
    I’ve an exotic that I need to infuse but it doesn’t give me the option. It’s the sunset hand cannon so not sure whether the same class of gun ie energy hand cannon or any energy weapon.
    I know an ordinary hand cannon doesn’t work definitely and an energy sidearm doesn’t allow me either

Infusion is now based on weapon type, so to infuse a hand cannon you need another hand cannon. You also need legendary shards which you get from dismantling legendary weapns and armour, unsure about what you get from dismantling exotics.

Best to hold off on any infusion until you reach level 260.

Here's the real clanger, you cannot swap armour gear to infuse, yep no swapping those warlock guantlets to your titan, sucks right, I knew the grind was coming from somewhere.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Infusion is now based on weapon type, so to infuse a hand cannon you need another hand cannon. You also need legendary shards which you get from dismantling legendary weapns and armour, unsure about what you get from dismantling exotics.

Best to hold off on any infusion until you reach level 260.

Here's the real clanger, you cannot swap armour gear to infuse, yep no swapping those warlock guantlets to your titan, sucks right, I knew the grind was coming from somewhere.

You also get the shards for dismantling the exotics, 5 of them :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dudeeile wrote: »

Had a feeling they would pull something like that. Will likely be added in at some stage of course so they can say they're listening to the community :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They always put some gatekeeping tactics in to slow progression at the beginning.

Which in some respects, is fair enough - as Trials and the Raid will be coming up soon and they don't want people power leveling and trashing those activities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement