Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I always thought the idea of swapping gear between characters was nuts anyway. You don't see that on such a wide scale in any other MMO. I mean, small amounts of account bound gear, sure. But not literally every item you can imagine. Always struck me as very exploitative tbh.

Having said that, apparently you can swap over sparrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dudeeile wrote: »
    Infusion is now based on weapon type, so to infuse a hand cannon you need another hand cannon.
    It can’t be a kinetic hand cannon from what I’ve seen. It must be an energy version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

riggerman wrote:
    Anyone else having issues checking messages and community on psn

Not to be a moaning Michael myself, but I feel like I haven't ticked some notification box myself. When I turn on the PS4 I get notification of new messages and can read them. But other then that I never get a prompt, either on the console or phone app, of new messages. Is this right or should I be seeing messages popping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

PetKing wrote: »
    Not to be a moaning Michael myself, but I feel like I haven't ticked some notification box myself. When I turn on the PS4 I get notification of new messages and can read them. But other then that I never get a prompt, either on the console or phone app, of new messages. Is this right or should I be seeing messages popping up?

I had to tick notifications for communities on both the communities themselves and on system settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    I had to tick notifications for communities on both the communities themselves and on system settings.

I have both these boxes ticked to receive notifications but it doesn't work, it is very sporadic and I'm afraid that this may be the way it's meant to be. If someone replies to your post then you get notified immediately so this would also backup the assumption that this is the way Sony have it designed.

It's a shame, you miss so many opportunities and it's only going to get worse come raid time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Bosvz8Fl.png

Currently where I'm sitting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

dudeeile wrote: »
    I have both these boxes ticked to receive notifications but it doesn't work, it is very sporadic and I'm afraid that this may be the way it's meant to be. If someone replies to your post then you get notified immediately so this would also backup the assumption that this is the way Sony have it designed.

It's a shame, you miss so many opportunities and it's only going to get worse come raid time.

Can always use the new Fireteam chat channel for the individual clans in the Destiny app if needed. Don't want to rely on it and split the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

dudeeile wrote:

dudeeile wrote:

Tldr communities are ****e

So it would seem to be best to try and organise clan stuff like raids through boards.

Btw when is the clan stuff being enable in-game? Somebody told me week 2 but I'm not sure.

Clans stuff is live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Kirby wrote: »
    So it would seem to be best to try and organise clan stuff like raids through boards.

Btw when is the clan stuff being enable in-game? Somebody told me week 2 but I'm not sure.

It went live this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Does the roster not load for anyone else in the clan sub menu?

The roster thing doesn't seem to work atm, thanks to clan rewards I'm now 284 :3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Completed the Warlock story mode without ever getting a sparrow. Must have missed the side quest where you get it. Getting round was rough.

Clan thing is odd. I'm sure the Titan character says there are 25 in Clan 1 whereas the Warlock says 22. Also I had 3750 xp with the Titan but only 750 with the warlock. Seems the xp earned is separated between characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

One thing that is bugging me is the notification popping up on screen every couple of seconds.

+500 Clan Rep or whatever it says

Is there a way to turn it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Completed the Warlock story mode without ever getting a sparrow. Must have missed the side quest where you get it. Getting round was rough.

Clan thing is odd. I'm sure the Titan character says there are 25 in Clan 1 whereas the Warlock says 22. Also I had 3750 xp with the Titan but only 750 with the warlock. Seems the xp earned is separated between characters.

You can swap sparrows between characters right from the off, I got my first sparrow from a bright engram.

I think those clan numbers show playing now as opposed to total clan numbers.
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    One thing that is bugging me is the notification popping up on screen every couple of seconds.

+500 Clan Rep or whatever it says

Is there a way to turn it off?

I didn't see any option in settings but it's just like everything else like drops and glimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can earn 5000 clan XP per character. If you only have a Titan you can earn a maximum of 5000 but if you've a Hunter, Warlock and a Titan you can earn up to 15000 clan XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Is there a boards clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is there a boards clan?

Playstation or Xbox?

Playstation clan:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=658545

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does anyone know of a compiled list of weapon traits that's available anywhere?

• Advertisement

Talking to Shaxx earlier, wondering why he was giving me all these ghosts when I realised I had the x button depressed. Wasted 20-30 legendary shards. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but annoying it happened so early on.

Few minutes later got the coldheart from a legenday engram (so much for the pre-order bonus) and few minutes after that got the Warlock's voidwalker exotic helm from another legendary engram.

Already got 2 279 guns from the clan.

Met wondaboy randomly out in the world

All in all not a bad morning

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

I think ya get 5000 xp per week per character to contribute towards clan rep.

Same for me with the sparrow. I thought I seen something in the sidebar for when I hit a certain level and completed first mission on IO but nothing dropped.....guardian looking a lot leaner as a result.... :-)

Anyone possibly be interested in a prestige nightfall later on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bowsier

Hi All. Starting Destiny 2 on Xbox One. Gamertag: bowsie. Guardian level low have just started the campaign. Have played a reasonable bit of the original. 
    Have joined clan 118535 but seems to be full of PSN players.
    Anyway I'm living in Mexico so would be nice to hear some familiar accents. Talk to you soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bowsier wrote: »
    Hi All. Starting Destiny 2 on Xbox One. Gamertag: bowsie. Guardian level low have just started the campaign. Have played a reasonable bit of the original. 
    Have joined clan 118535 but seems to be full of PSN players.
    Anyway I'm living in Mexico so would be nice to hear some familiar accents. Talk to you soon.

This is the Xbox clan: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=1687439

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bowsier

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is the Xbox clan: 1687439
    Much appreciated.

Myself (hokempokem) , Hochspitch and Bashful managed to do the Nightfall on our second attempt.....after getting lost on the first attempt. :P

We managed it okay but failed to get it done with 5 mins to spare. We might need a bit more light to get that one done for the rat quest. Also was good to get it done for the Clan XP.

Had fun guys so cheers! :)

that clan xp is really helping level up, just got two items at LL 280, Blues now decrypting @ 268, must go to 270?

How long is the campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How long is the campaign?

Ten hours or so i think, there are two points where you need to level up before you move on to the next mission other than those you can get through it pretty quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement