Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ten hours or so i think, there are two points where you need to level up before you move on to the next mission other than those you can get through it pretty quick.

Probably an hour less if you remember to pick up a f***ing sparrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Probably an hour less if you remember to pick up a f***ing sparrow

You can pick up a sparrow before finishing the campaign? Oh man...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Notorious wrote: »

No, the only way is rng from a bright engram before the end of the campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Notorious wrote: »

I got two Sparrows yesterday and I only did the first mission on Nessus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

No, the only way is rng from a bright engram before the end of the campaign

Good! Though in truth the running around wasn't too unbearable. The sparrow would've just been handier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I got two Sparrows yesterday and I only did the first mission on Nessus

Did you complete the campaign on an alternative character.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's possible to get a sparrow at low level through bright engrams. Having said that the only real way to get bright engrams before 20 is to buy them with silver i.e real money.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Did you complete the campaign on an alternative character.

Nope only have the titan. Got it off Tess or the Cryparch. Not sure which.

My first character definitely got a sparrow around 50-60% through but can't remember how. I think Tess gave me a bright engram at one point and it may have been there.
    Second character had to go through on foot.
    I put one in the vault for the Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Looking forward to next week seeing as I have it off to play all the destiny.
    Should be able to bull through the story quicker as well now I know what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have a question on the campaign that is a slight spoiler.

How does the game handle the section with
    vehicles
    when you are in a fireteam of two or more?

Also, I'm level 20 now. Should I be hoarding tokens for later or using them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I have a question on the campaign that is a slight spoiler.

How does the game handle the section with

It spawns one for each person. I was kind of hoping you could all get in the same one like halo. :P

Also, I'm level 20 now. Should I be hoarding tokens for later or using them now?

If you mean the tokens you hand in to the NPCs on each planet I'd use them straight away. They're no use after 265 as far as I know. You'll end up with loads of them with no use for them. Found them useful ranking up the primary character.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Thought the last step for the rat king quest(5mintues or more left on timer) was going to be difficult, ended up with 7:18 left on the clock and it dropped at 299.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wexdevil wrote: »
    Thought the last step for the rat king quest(5mintues or more left on timer) was going to be difficult, ended up with 7:18 left on the clock and it dropped at 299.

tried it twice on Saturday night - ran out of time completely the first time. Completed with 3 minutes or something like that the second time.

Got it done last night (on a Twitch carry!) with 8 minutes something left on the clock.

Having a solar warlock is a huge help.
    You can sparrow a lot of the 2nd outside section up to (and away from) the first tank - don't need to kill that one, only need to kill the second tank. A dawnblade super will destroy that tank. Keep any supers after that tank is down until you are at the final boss section - don't use it in the lift area.

Again, a dawnblade will take half the bosses heath - so if you can get him down to half then SMASH him on the solar burn rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

What a decent starter level for NF? I'm ~255, but don't want to be completely useless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Need to do that Rat King stuff, I don't think I have any of the fireteam stuff for it yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    What a decent starter level for NF? I'm ~255, but don't want to be completely useless.

255 is doable but will be tough. If there's someone above 270 in the fireteam it would be a walk in the park though.

Thought one of the best things about ranking up other characters was trying to trigger heroic public events surrounded by much higher LL players, none of whom have a clue what you're trying to do.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mickeroo wrote: »
    255 is doable but will be tough. If there's someone above 270 in the fireteam it would be a walk in the park though.

We failed it last night with 2 people above 270 and me at 260. Ran out of time in the end. :(

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    We failed it last night with 2 people above 270 and me at 260. Ran out of time in the end. :(

It's ok... You were probably just not that good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Thought one of the best things about ranking up other characters was trying to trigger heroic public events surrounded by much higher LL players, none of whom have a clue what you're trying to do.

One of the random things I love is when I'm doing a a mission in the open/shared/not instanced world and a random group of player help without knowing what it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Varik wrote: »
    One of the random things I love is when I'm doing a a mission in the open/shared/not instanced world and a random group of player help without knowing what it is.

Yeah, I've had that happen the odd time, it's nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Varik wrote: »

Can happen the other way too. Had to kill powerful fallen on Nessus with a sidearm for a quest. Started up a public event solo, had the servitor down to a tiny bit of health switched to my sidearm...BOOM...some last second hero comes out of nowhere with a rocket to kill him. Then a yellow bar captain is out and about, again had him down to a tiny bit of health and the same lad rockets him too!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nevelator wrote: »
    Can happen the other way too. Had to kill powerful fallen on Nessus with a sidearm for a quest. Started up a public event solo, had the servitor down to a tiny bit of health switched to my sidearm...BOOM...some last second hero comes out of nowhere with a rocket to kill him. Then a yellow bar captain is out and about, again had him down to a tiny bit of health and the same lad rockets him too!

I hope he did the "I've got your back" emote each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Can do the NF no probs but getting the 5 mins remaining is tough enough especially with peeps you dont play regularly with. I am Titan 277 and run it with similar power, I find its the last section that totally fooks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'm on for the NF run later, anytime after 7. Anyone who's interested just bang on an invite, got it done earlier in the week with just under 3 minutes left so just a bit more fine tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Finished the main storyline and got up to 213 from the gear I got after that. I'm guessing strikes and grinding are the best way to gear up now?

Finished the main storyline and got up to 213 from the gear I got after that. I'm guessing strikes and grinding are the best way to gear up now?

Yup, heroic public events have a decent exotic drop rate fyi.

You'll hit a wall around 265+ where all legendaries will start dropping around 265 and rares even lower. The smart thing is to save any exotic quests or quests that award "powerful gear" until then as that stuff can drop higher.

Up to yourself if you want to that though as it means a bit more grinding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

nevelator wrote: »

There is one of those lost cave yokes near the exodus black ship - its on the left hand side. Run down it skipping all trash and after a broken bridge on the right a yellow captain spawns, he is pretty easy to kill quickly - then run all the way out of the cave and back in and he will have respawned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement