Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Does anyone else think the aim assist has been turned up in PvE? They're times it feels like the controller is being ripped out of my hands,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

270 power/light level woohoo! Nightfall was a bit of fun too, thought it was going to be a pain in the arse.

Haven't noticed the aim assist, thought it was stronger in Destiny 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

gimli2112 wrote:
    Does anyone else think the aim assist has been turned up in PvE? They're times it feels like the controller is being ripped out of my hands,

Trying to aim for psions during the Cabal mining public event. Your aim gets pulled to everything but him.

Haven't started either of my alts yet (deleted my hidious warlock immediately when I first launched). How quickly did people get through the campaign with them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    Haven't started either of my alts yet (deleted my hidious warlock immediately when I first launched). How quickly did people get through the campaign with them?

Started a titan on sunday and finished it last night. Would de a lot quicker if they didn't make you level up at certain points. On the plus side it seems like it automatically boops you up to level 20 when you finish so you can get away with the bare minimum of level grinding. I was level 18 but instantly got knocked up to 20 when I talked to Savala after finishing the last mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

PetKing wrote: »

tbh there are loads of areas you can just run past once you get through a checkpoint the enemies don't chase you. You will be underlevelled a couple of times and unable to progress as Mickeroo said but just do a few heroic public events and you'll catch up in no time.

remember to leave a sparrow from your primary in the vault

I did both of mine in a day (each) without even really speed rushing them like you could

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Adventures are easy XP too, think about 2500 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ran the NF last night with terryc and Osprey.

1st Run: Got to the lift with about 2 mins left. Still managed to get the ba5tard down to 1/3 health before the inevitable, so quickly that we didn't have to do the runs with the power ball. We really messed up at the first outside area. Badly.

2nd Run: Slight adjustment to weapon load out and breezed it all the way to the end. Got there with about 7 mins or so left. Osprey looking for the 5 mins for RatKing, didn't work out. Down to 3 mins odd left and bam, terry DC's, 10 secs later it's done. Poor terry.

3rd Run: Get terry back in but we mess up.

4th Run: Done. Again with around 3 mins left.

Coldheart Fusion is really powerful for boss damage. If you can keep hitting the crit that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Server maintenance, my connections have been poor of late, the NF boss was teleporting last night and on a few occasions actually completely disappeared. Some iffy connections in the crucible at times, hopefully they can get their servers in order as plenty of disconnects also going around.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/907400969633198080

That should be 3pm to 7pm our time, yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Found this video, where he discusses how to level up alternate character fast using the FireTeam Medallion you get for completing the campaign and transferring high level weapons from your first character to alt

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Server maintenance, my connections have been poor of late, the NF boss was teleporting last night and on a few occasions actually completely disappeared. Some iffy connections in the crucible at times, hopefully they can get their servers in order as plenty of disconnects also going around.

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/907400969633198080

That should be 3pm to 7pm our time, yikes!

Fingers crossed. Have noticed a few enemies just completely vanishing and reappearing elsewhere. Very frustrating. Also noticing I'm having a lot more NAT issues now with people compared to D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Connections were shocking last night. Two of the lads were constantly getting booted from our PVP matches.

Myself and Generic were left 2vs4 in a couple of games, once in Supremacy (won that one) and once in comp. We had been 2-1 up I think. We ended up losing but I think we lost 4-3, and put up a damned good fight in the end. I think we got them down to no revives in the last two rounds, and lost the last one on the cap point.

Just saw this: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230892525

So the prism modifier was supposed to stay on screen. Was getting annoyed when things became hectic with everyone dying/reviving and the change would be missed so you'd have no clue.

Just saw this: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/230892525

So the prism modifier was supposed to stay on screen. Was getting annoyed when things became hectic with everyone dying/reviving and the change would be missed so you'd have no clue.

Was just about to post the same. Wonder what sort of "Serious Issue" they discovered with Momentum (Players have increased movement capabilities). Everyone flying around like Flash? Or moving like being constantly stuck in one of those Fallen Mines.

Was just about to post the same. Wonder what sort of "Serious Issue" they discovered with Momentum (Players have increased movement capabilities). Everyone flying around like Flash? Or moving like being constantly stuck in one of those Fallen Mines.
    I know there was a bug/glitch found with warlocks in beta that ment you could freaking fly around the place - maybe related to that.

Must admit that I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the info being bombarded at me, advice on leveling up, do this or don't do that. I booked at stuuuuuupid holiday away for a week from Saturday, so I've decided to skip attempting the raid altogether. In a way it took pressure off me to race up the power level tree, but then I feel I'm not learning as much as I should. I figure I'll stay a filthy casual for another 2 weeks or so before I'm looking for back breaking carries :p

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Just wondering how other people have found the drop rate for exotic engrams from heroic public events? I'm not 100% on how many I have done but it is a fair few and I have not had a sniff of one yet.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Noob question here :) So i finished the single player last night and was reading up on weapons where it said to not sell your exotic weapons. I was just dismantling
    everything as i had too many. Are these gone for good now, i read today you can add mods to them to make them better if they were a lower level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think there might be a way to access them through the Collection (paired with the Vault) at the Farm, but I could have that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Just wondering how other people have found the drop rate for exotic engrams from heroic public events? I'm not 100% on how many I have done but it is a fair few and I have not had a sniff of one yet.......
    Just keep trying, i got 3 in my first 10 yesterday but nothing in the next 10. Just need some luck.

• Advertisement

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Noob question here :) So i finished the single player last night and was reading up on weapons where it said to not sell your exotic weapons. I was just dismantling
    everything as i had too many. Are these gone for good now, i read today you can add mods to them to make them better if they were a lower level.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I think there might be a way to access them through the Collection (paired with the Vault) at the Farm, but I could have that wrong.

Every Exotic you acquire is automatically added to your 'Collection' in the vault. You can then re-purchase each one for a cost of Legendary Shards. Each Exotic will be at 205 power level. It'll be cheaper to just vault the ones your not using and infuse to a higher level at a future point, as infusion only costs 1 Legendary Shard. Dismantle the lower Power Level version of an exotic if you have duplicates.

There is no 'Selling' in Destiny. Just dismantling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Has anyone got time to explain: "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on Solar Weapon kills"

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Has anyone got time to explain: "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on Solar Weapon kills"

Wondering same myself, does it mean more glimmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kill enemies with a solar weapon and they'll generate gunsmith telemetry that you can turn in for gunsmith rep.

I've a Ghost that does it for void weapon kills.

It's the same stuff you get when you dismantle equipment I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This weeks nightfall is a doddle compared to last week. Much easier for the Rat King quest, missed about 8 gates and defeated the boss with 3 mins left. Each gate is worth 30 seconds.

Sga
    Thin out the enemies before activating the first gate in an area as the are only active for a short period of time after the first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Kill enemies with a solar weapon and they'll generate gunsmith telemetry that you can turn in for gunsmith rep.

I've a Ghost that does it for void weapon kills.

how much we talking? I'm grinding light at the moment may be a good way of dropping better gear

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SeanHarty wrote: »
    how much we talking? I'm grinding light at the moment may be a good way of dropping better gear

It was about the same rep for materials and telemetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

What is the limit on the number legendary shards you can hold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Any rats looking to get NF ran at about 10 - 10.30ish tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement