Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just wondering how other people have found the drop rate for exotic engrams from heroic public events? I'm not 100% on how many I have done but it is a fair few and I have not had a sniff of one yet.......

it's rng but not good rng.
    Gut feeling without any science I'd say about 5%.
    My issue seems to be I'm getting multiples. 3 Alpha Lupis, 3 Coldhearts (including pre-order bonus), 2 of those weird rocket launchers, another Riskrunner on top of the campaign one (which I really like)
    Really want a merciless to see what the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hotfix incoming after maintenance concludes, hopefully fixes the prism notification problem and the issue that caused the momentum modifier from being removed from this weeks nf.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's rng but not good rng.
    Gut feeling without any science I'd say about 5%.
    My issue seems to be I'm getting multiples. 3 Alpha Lupis, 3 Coldhearts (including pre-order bonus), 2 of those weird rocket launchers, another Riskrunner on top of the campaign one (which I really like)
    Really want a merciless to see what the fuss is about

Have been lucky enough in that I have not had any duplicates. My problem is I'm just not getting enough of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Destiny server maintenance extended by 1 hour until 8pm... to the surprise of no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Destiny server maintenance extended by 1 hour until 8pm... to the surprise of no one.

At least Bungie are keeping one element of Destiny 1 storyline.

Fyi the removed gauntlets are the Hunter Road Complex AA1 due to having the symbol from the Kekistan flag on the upper arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fyi the removed gauntlets are the Hunter Road Complex AA1 due to having the symbol from the Kekistan flag on the upper arm.

Sometimes it feels like we're living in an Onion article

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Seriously is anyone else having withdrawals here?!

I could have gone up at least one light level by now!!!!!!!!

Damn you bungie. Damn yoooouuuuuu!!!

What time does the raid launch tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pretty much this:

when-you-get-home-and-the-destiny-servers-are-down.jpg

It's 1 minute past 8pm Destiny.

You lied !!

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

It's 1 minute past 8pm Destiny.

You lied !!

Lol

They've extended maintenance until 10 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Another 2 hours added to the maintenance. I would hope that they are now being more realistic and it will be back before 10 p.m. in this part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They can get away with this nonsense as when it eventually comes back we'll all just start playing and forget how unrealistically angry we were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Fair play to Bungie for giving us time to watch the United match :pac:

**** you bungie. **** you.

€100 my hard earned cash and you can't get the servers **** sorted. Ridiculous.

.....sorry, please sort it out quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Fair play to Bungie for giving us time to watch the United match :pac:

Fcuking punishment on the double. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

the times are basically a big fcuk you to european users.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I won't get to play tomorrow or Thursday, had to go change a tyre on my mams car last night after just turning on Destiny.

I was bloody well looking forward to playing tonight.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I won't get to play tomorrow or Thursday, had to go change a tyre on my mams car last night after just turning on Destiny.

I was bloody well looking forward to playing tonight.

I hear ya. My missus had headed out, it was game time. Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is it best to start a new character. Will all the strikes and crucible be open to a new character once I finish the story. Do I have to play through the first few missions again on a new character?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When is it best to start a new character. Will all the strikes and crucible be open to a new character once I finish the story. Do I have to play through the first few missions again on a new character?

You have to play through the whole main story line. There are 2-3 points where you have to level up to obtain the required level for the next story mission.
    Then you have to unlock the crucible and the nightfall strikes.
    I did a second character over the last 2 days. On reaching level 20 (just as I was starting the final mission), I used DIM to transfer in a load of guns. By the time I finished the final mission I had gone up over 100 power level.
    Got up to 265 easily enough then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Right feck this,starting my alt next time im on,was keeping my main so me and a mate could play through together but he has two kids,one a few months old,so cant get on regular so im twiddling my fingers waiting for him so ill probably have the alt through the campaign before my main!!

/fwp's

EoinHef wrote: »
    Right feck this,starting my alt next time im on,was keeping my main so me and a mate could play through together but he has two kids,one a few months old,so cant get on regular so im twiddling my fingers waiting for him so ill probably have the alt through the campaign before my main!!

/fwp's

**** it that's a good idea. I have a mate that only gets online a couple of times a week. I think he's only up to like the third bit of the story at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Is the raid active at reset or a quick hotfix at 6.

Stardate: 7:37am. Just realised yesterday was reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Is the raid active at reset or a quick hotfix at 6.

Stardate: 7:37am. Just realised yesterday was reset.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Can you get anything good from Cayde's stashes? I've only seen blues and jokey stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

PetKing wrote: »
    Can you get anything good from Cayde's stashes? I've only seen blues and jokey stuff.

Got a legendary and exotic engram out of one of them last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Got an Exotic Ship (Symmetry Flight) and a Mida Multi Tool Ornament (Titanium Alloy) from a Bright Engram last night. Very lucky drop from 1 Engram.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement