Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I think I'm like 273 or 274 now but besides Milestones and the odd strike all my drops are 265. Can't even remember the last time I got a legendary mod as well, is there any easier way to get them?.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I think I'm like 273 or 274 now but besides Milestones and the odd strike all my drops are 265. Can't even remember the last time I got a legendary mod as well, is there any easier way to get them?.

buy rare mods from the gunsmith with glimmer and when you're level 280 you can make legendaries

to get to 280 public events for exotic farming, nightfall, raid, weekly flashpoints, clan xp (anything that gives you powerful gear)

Same here - got the same hunter helmet 3 times, same gloves 3 times and chest once - oh and one other set of gloves. No exotic weapon drops iirc.

And all the hunter exotics that i have got SUCK.

Just on this what the hell have they done with the celestial nighthawk, it used to do huge damage in D1 but seems to have been nerfed, it's basically useless.
    Finding I'm going with Arc Hunter, Void Titan and Nova Warlock (really should look up the sub-class names)
    Like the Striker Titan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    The tokens for npc's? They don't go higher than 265 and every other engram I've gotten besides exotics have been 265 as well.

They continue to level up, but slightly lower than your overall light. I'm getting them at 278 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,954 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just on this what the hell have they done with the celestial nighthawk, it used to do huge damage in D1 but seems to have been nerfed, it's basically useless.
    Finding I'm going with Arc Hunter, Void Titan and Nova Warlock (really should look up the sub-class names)
    Like the Striker Titan too.
    Solar modifier and celestial is a massive damage dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They continue to level up, but slightly lower than your overall light. I'm getting them at 278 at the moment.

They decrypt to - 5 your max light excluding mods, except for "powerful gear" and exotics which are usually +5 max light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yeah I think my game was gliching or something cause there coming out at 272 now.

really surprised over how good pvp is
    I'm terribad at pvp
    1st two games came top albeit we lost the second
    next game went 11-5 that's allright
    next game went 1-17
    can only hope I fell asleep

1 fur seventeen
    jesus

I'm terribad at pvp
    1st two games came top albeit we lost the second
    next game went 11-5 that's allright
    next game went 1-17
    can only hope I fell asleep

1 fur seventeen
    jesus

Finding the quickplay crucible to be hit or miss, switching to 4v4 from 6v6 has negatively affected the gametypes.

Control is still fine, but Clash and Supremacy always end by time out as 4v4 favours more conservative play than the 6v6 from D1.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Hit 300 today after doing the nightfall so I guess I'm finally ready to raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ItsHoggie wrote:
    The tokens for npc's? They don't go higher than 265 and every other engram I've gotten besides exotics have been 265 as well.

They scale with you in jumps I'm 295 and blues are 280 now purples are 286ish same with NPC token vendors

Raid was very good really enjoyed it. Very mechanic heavy which was nice, love the revive system as well

Took a few hours to beat calus but got him easy enough in the end when it all came together.

Got ****e drops, also spent an age in the tunnels after looking around, found 2 of the exotic chests so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can't be dealing with that nightfall. I'm no use with timed things.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Can't be dealing with that nightfall. I'm no use with timed things.

I'm the same, it wrecks my head.

I'd prefer if it was far harder with no timer. Running by enemies just goes against everything I'm used to. Some people loved timed things, I just get no enjoyment from them.

Looking forward to giving the raid a go, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It is what it is and its a nice change, but I would agree I hate all that timed ****e especially for exotic quests. I have done the nightfall with over 9 mins left...after that rat crew quest I have all the section nailed at this stage ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

wexdevil wrote: »
    Hit 300 today after doing the nightfall so I guess I'm finally ready to raid.

Dont need to be anywhere near 300 to raid but it will obviously help you, I started at 280 and its fine. But the higher light will deffo help you on the very last section with the mob waves of high ads.

The raid is very technical and communication is vital....so is patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've been surprised at some of the issues showing up on PvP. It's been a while since I was playing D1 actively, but they're not issues I noticed before.

Lag seems to be an issue, with hits not registering or taking a few seconds to register. Multiple times I've had my shotgun barrel pointing into the face of a warlock, only for the barrel to lower when I pull the trigger. Gun doesn't fire off at all. Queue me feeing like the spa who doesn't know how to use a shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Also not a fan of the timed Nightfall. Destiny's draw for me is the gunplay, so anything that encourages me to avoid gunplay when possible and bypass combat just doesn't sit well with me.

Was playing with a mate who was yelling "DON'T BOTHER WITH THE SNIPERS LADS" and he was immediately sniped off his Sparrow.

I get the challenge of a punishing clock, I do it's just not for me.

• Advertisement

Was playing with a mate who was yelling "DON'T BOTHER WITH THE SNIPERS LADS" and he was immediately sniped off his Sparrow.

I get the challenge of a punishing clock, I do it's just not for me.

The clock is a lot less restrictive this week. Clear the enemies then start the Vex gates and you should make it to the boss with a good 11-12 minutes left on the clock.

We were trying to clock up some time with those gates without stopping to kill the enemies around them. Needless to say it didn't go well.

We were trying to clock up some time with those gates without stopping to kill the enemies around them. Needless to say it didn't go well.

The timer for the gates doesn't start until the first one is jumped through, clear/thin the ads as much as possible before starting allowing you to jump through the rest at leisure.

Ok, we'll give that a go today. Might make more sense then.

Yep definitely easier than last weeks nf

team shotting adds with the right weapon for the active burn costs substantially less time than dying and having to wait for res.

or worse if your team runs off waiting for timer to respawn back in, after which you now have to try and run past those same adds now on your own and risk another death, or pick off enough so you can get past wasting a load of time.

I just don't get it. As sniper said clear adds hit gates enjoy easy loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bathing Pools, Pleasure Gardens and Gauntlet all down. Only the emperor left now.

We have one day to try and get him down before the reset. Hopefully we do so we can get the Raid checkmark done in the Clan tab. :)

Destiny 1 and 2 will be down for maintenance from 3 until 7 which will be followed by a patch to version 1.0.1.3

Two weeks in and now a second long stoppage for server maintenance. This is getting ridiculous.

Back at 7, yeah right.
    At least it's not on the Tuesday reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Back at 7, yeah right.
    At least it's not on the Tuesday reset.
    Destiny 1 and 2 will be down for maintenance from 3 until 7 which will be followed by a patch to version 1.0.1.3

Two weeks in and now a second long stoppage for server maintenance. This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah. Hopefully downtime was only 3 to 5 but Bungie added an extra 2 hours to be safe.

Alas we all know there's a good chance between 5&6 maintenance will be extended to 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well guess I won't be doing the Nightfall tonight after work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement