Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I find the weekly PvP milestone a call to arms more enjoyable albeit longer than the NF. Got another merciless from one yesterday which was nice. Really like the Multi and Mini Tool combo although I was regularly forgetting which one I was pointing at the enemy which was problematic until I realised I should just put a shader on the mini.

Really want a 600 rate of fire legendary smg. Not sure of the name of it but I'll know it when I see it, not sure who drops it. Can't be the gunsmith 'cos I have all his guns I reckon at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,216 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah. Hopefully downtime was only 3 to 5 but Bungie added an extra 2 hours to be safe.

Alas we all know there's a good chance between 5&6 maintenance will be extended to 9.

They seemed to be in the habbit of doing that at the end of the D1 lifecycle, imo

Beat the Gauntlet section of the raid last night - and then things got weird.

We beat it on the buzzer, but wiped at the exact same time. So it brought us all back to life, gave us our rewards and them promptly went into a cycle of killing us, reviving us and killing us every 4 seconds. Was very amusing. Will have to put a video up of it later - didn't get a chance to edit the capture down and upload it before bed last night (even though it would take like a minute).

Also went hunting for a few of the raid chests - got the engine room, drains, ventilation and one other that I can't think of at the moment. Fecking huge area down there - weird how much design went into it really.

Had a look at the final boss - think we have some sort of idea how the first phase of the encounter looks like it is to go - but we didn't have the time, or the numbers, to really give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I find the weekly PvP milestone a call to arms more enjoyable albeit longer than the NF. Got another merciless from one yesterday which was nice. Really like the Multi and Mini Tool combo although I was regularly forgetting which one I was pointing at the enemy which was problematic until I realised I should just put a shader on the mini.

Much prefer Crucible too and I have that exact same issue with mixing up the guns quite a bit. I also got a Merciless an Exotic Engram from the pvp last night higher than the one I bought from Xur.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Had a few good games in the Crucible, followed by someone quitting after losing one round of survival. Turns out it's extremely hard to win that when you're outnumbered for the majority of the game. Overall though I've enjoyed it.

• Advertisement

Yeah had one game of Survival over the weekend. 2-3 down but were really being murdered when one guy quit from our team. Came back to win 4-3. It was exhilarating.
    Quite liking the competitive game modes although primarily playing quick play for Clash / Control. Not sure if there's much of a difference skill wise but I presume much of the try-hards are trialing which I understand is quite tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,679 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Beat the Gauntlet section of the raid last night - and then things got weird.

We beat it on the buzzer, but wiped at the exact same time. So it brought us all back to life, gave us our rewards and them promptly went into a cycle of killing us, reviving us and killing us every 4 seconds. Was very amusing. Will have to put a video up of it later - didn't get a chance to edit the capture down and upload it before bed last night (even though it would take like a minute).

Also went hunting for a few of the raid chests - got the engine room, drains, ventilation and one other that I can't think of at the moment. Fecking huge area down there - weird how much design went into it really.

Had a look at the final boss - think we have some sort of idea how the first phase of the encounter looks like it is to go - but we didn't have the time, or the numbers, to really give it a go.

That happened to a group I was with in D1. Think it was on the Deathsinger iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Grayditch wrote: »

Much prefer Crucible too and I have that exact same issue with mixing up the guns quite a bit. I also got a Merciless an Exotic Engram from the pvp last night higher than the one I bought from Xur.
    They must have a big bag of Merciless Fusions in Bungie HQ, had one drop from crucible last night too after blowing 29 shards on one from Xur. Duplicates are in full flow already in D2 for me, out of 5 exotic weapons I've had 2 Prospectors and 2 Merciless.

Enjoying the Crucible way more though. I shudder to think back at the Super-Fests that were crucible matches in D1. They were OK at the time but D2 is much better PVP wise.

Going into PvP in D1 I was sceptical about supers. A one hit kill super seemed at odds with any FPS I played at the time but it worked out ok. I'd agree I'm happier that they've been toned down though. They're much easier to get killed out of (in my experience anyway) and stormtrancer is not as devastating as it once was. My only gripe is people tend to have them at the same time.

Looking at my ELO it's all over the place. One game I went 21-6 for a negative ELO and the next 8-10 for a positive one. Someone's obviously not playing the objective.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a Hard Light after doing a Nightfall, really liking it in D2. Hope I get a Wardcliff Coil at some point, just to give it a try.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    Got a Hard Light after doing a Nightfall, really liking it in D2. Hope I get a Wardcliff Coil at some point, just to give it a try.

The Wardcliff is a team killer in pvp, can easily take out a team if grouped up.

Hardlight wasn't bad in D1 but Monte Carlo was my go to AR. The pre-nerfed Suros however was my favourite AR.
    Got a Hardlight from a Public Event Engram the other day. The Coil isn't bad but it's horribly random. You never know how much damage it is going to do. Haven't tried it in PvP, been using a legendary RL. Really miss the Truth and more importantly machine guns.

I got the sky burners oath yesterday from a raid exotic chest - haven't had a chance to check it out yet though. I reckon it will be a beast in the raid given that it does extra cabal damage.

I miss Jade Rabbit so much.

Hardlight wasn't bad in D1 but Monte Carlo was my go to AR. The pre-nerfed Suros however was my favourite AR.
    Got a Hardlight from a Public Event Engram the other day. The Coil isn't bad but it's horribly random. You never know how much damage it is going to do. Haven't tried it in PvP, been using a legendary RL. Really miss the Truth and more importantly machine guns.

I'm mostly going with a legendary shotgun in my power slot, I do keep a legendary RL on hand though for emergencies.

So far for the exotic quests I've finished the Mida Multi-Tool and Sturm quests, need to do Rat King and I have the raid quest that I assume gives an exotic or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I got the sky burners oath yesterday from a raid exotic chest - haven't had a chance to check it out yet though. I reckon it will be a beast in the raid given that it does extra cabal damage.

I miss Jade Rabbit so much.

Psssstttt.... it also shoots through titan shields ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Angron wrote: »
    I'm mostly going with a legendary shotgun in my power slot, I do keep a legendary RL on hand though for emergencies.

So far for the exotic quests I've finished the Mida Multi-Tool and Sturm quests, need to do Rat King and I have the raid quest that I assume gives an exotic or something.

Raid is an exotic shotty.

Rat king is ok, nothing special so far but I have yet to use it in a fire team.

Have to say - really enjoying the raid. I have found all the encouters to be different and fun in their own ways. Love the gauntlet - though I have only been the runner. Maybe I would hate it on the outside!

Not had a proper go at the boss yet - so maybe i will freaking hate that!

Hate to say I agree with alot of this!
    Still fun coop all the same!

Is there a tl/dr version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

He shouts and moans, you know, his Modus Operandi. Does anyone actually use him as a barometer of how good a game / or movie is? Can't stand him really. He talk about no lore in game, yet never realised you could LT on an Exotic and some Legendaries to get the lore behind them.

Jim Sterling gave D2 an 8/10. Jim bleedin Sterling. He went of on one at Activision with the MT stuff, but praised Bungie for what they've done.

• Advertisement

He's right about it being like a reboot of Destiny 1, which I gave up on early enough, so it suits me down to the ground as it fixed everything that made me give up on it. I'm sure it would be also great for people who never played the first. Seems like all my Destiny mad mates love it too. So it seems to work on almost every level, no matter what your experience has been with Destiny for the most part.

I'm not sure this one will retain my interest past max level like the first one did. although I've grinded the hell out of public events for exotics basically doing the same stuff over and over so you never know.

I'm angry for money, so here is my angry review of a game. I play up my anger for my audience.

I'm not sure this one will retain my interest past max level like the first one did. although I've grinded the hell out of public events for exotics basically doing the same stuff over and over so you never know.

I'll need to become better at PVP for it to retain interest like D1 did. PVP is what kept me playing. I rarely did NF or Strikes. Raids and PVP.

That said, I've not actually played much PVP yet - not had the chance with all the PvE stuff i've been playing so far, and I still have to even start my Warlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

On the final boss aswell tonight, so hoping I get it done before the reset (hope its not an all night job).

Seen a very good guide on you tube and I am fairly confident that we get it done, as alot of toobers saying the other parts are harder then the final boss!

Really cant beat the Merciless and the Coldheart as they are must haves, and also Never Midnight (I think its called - Scout Rifle) with the explosive bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Hate to say I agree with alot of this!
    Still fun coop all the same!

People have a right to their opinions. And his opinions might be right.

However, I'm of the view that a person has to....ya know....actually PLAY the parts of the game they moan about?

Joe got to around 250 light and then stopped. He never did a nightfall, and never raided. He's lying about that. He took footage from youtube and made his mind up from watching others. And he wasn't being honest about it.

Thats a mark against him in my book. If you dont have the time to review the endgame, say it. Don't lie about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Kirby wrote: »
    People have a right to their opinions. And his opinions might be right.

However, I'm of the view that a person has to....ya know....actually PLAY the parts of the game they moan about?

Joe got to around 250 light and then stopped. He never did a nightfall, and never raided. He's lying about that. He took footage from youtube and made his mind up from watching others. And he wasn't being honest about it.

Thats a mark against him in my book. If you dont have the time to review the endgame, say it. Don't lie about it.

This exactly. He actually got one of his friends to talk about it to him I think, so it's secondhand verbal info too. Look, if his opinion is he doesn't like the game, fair enough. But, as you say, at least play the parts your moaning about.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Really cant beat the Merciless and the Coldheart as they are must haves, and also Never Midnight (I think its called - Scout Rifle) with the explosive bullets.

really want this. just realised it's Zavala I need to get it from and he can be painful slow to rank up although nowhere near as bad as Ikora

really want this. just realised it's Zavala I need to get it from and he can be painful slow to rank up although nowhere near as bad as Ikora

I dont think Never Midnight would be pleased.

The gun is Nameless Midnight.

• Advertisement

Nightfall turned out quite handy when the YouTube videos were studied :)

Beat it with 3 mins left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement