Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Over years of PvP on various fps games I've come to the conclusion I'm at my best when hungover. Play so much calmer and never rage

There's also a sweet spot after a few drinks where you hit "peak pwning potential", I remember stumbling home from the pub once and getting 30+ kills without dying in big team battle in halo 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

AdamD wrote: »
    Over years of PvP on various fps games I've come to the conclusion I'm at my best when hungover. Play so much calmer and never rage

Well to be fair, they weren't very good and kept running up the same channel to be Jade Rabbited and I guess the fact I didn't really give a f**k about doing well helped, much calmer as you say.

Guess there's something to be said about playing in calmer states (there's whole studies done on this in different fields - See: The Inner Game of Music)

I'm normally pretty good after some beers, after about 8 bottles I start to get diminishing returns

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

lads, I got a Legendary Gun last night but i had to hand it into the Gunsmith. What was that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Saw a few using Jade Rabbit and sidearm at the weekend and it was quite an effective combo for the most part. Must give it a go in normal crucible and see how I go. The sidearm melts at close range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jonny24ie wrote: »
    lads, I got a Legendary Gun last night but i had to hand it into the Gunsmith. What was that all about?

It looks like a fusion? It gives you xp. Think there's four of them and once you get them all it opens up the quest for the Sleeper Simulant.

• Advertisement

It's a very early part of the Sleeper Simulant quest, you'll notice those guns don't go into your weapons and instead go into your mission slot, you need to collect 4 in total to kick off the next part AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There are 4 or 5 'legendary' fusion rifles. you have to collect them all and hand them into the gunsmith as part of the Sleeper Simulant quest. You don't need to have the quest - in fact I think the quest can only trigger after you have handed them all in.

Apparently the Daily Mission is bugged and not dropping any marks. So don't bother with it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It looks like a fusion? It gives you xp. Think there's four of them and once you get them all it opens up the quest for the Sleeper Simulant.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    It's a very early part of the Sleeper Simulant quest, you'll notice those guns don't go into your weapons and instead go into your mission slot, you need to collect 4 in total to kick off the next part AFAIK
    There are 4 or 5 'legendary' fusion rifles. you have to collect them all and hand them into the gunsmith as part of the Sleeper Simulant quest. You don't need to have the quest - in fact I think the quest can only trigger after you have handed them all in.

Theres just so much in this game and no real explination as to what to do with it. Dam you bungie for making me a destiny addict :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I need a good hand cannon for the crucible, i've a quest where i've to kill six guardians in three games.

I got one in a drop called Down and Doubt 00-0, but there's fairly big recoil in it and the sights are crap as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I find hawkmoon still an excellent weapon for crucible. that, Jade Rabbit and Red Death are my current choices.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah Hawkmoon will make it easy, Thorn is still decent in regular crucible too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Went all out in Trials this weekend using 3 characters, never run that much before but economically it's a good way to nab gear and marks, 50 per character plus below par gear for scrapping.

Last weekend had a 306 helmet after getting 5 wins and also got a 302 pulse rifle from a package. This week got a few sub 270 armour drops, 304 scout and 303 shotty.

I seem to be blowing hot and cold in this mode more than any other, the blink shotty and snipe hate is strong, so better learn to control this. Seriously considering of making an attempt to use sniper rifles, something I've always never been bothered with but it does make you stand back an assess what's going on a bit more.

I've also confirmed my inability to play well as a self res warlock, when others do this they become tanks but not me, had 1 game where I popped back up only to realise no shotgun shells but ended up punching 2 guys to death.

Highlight of the journey, coming back from 4-0 down to clutch the **** out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I really hated trials in Year 1. I think it was the fact you had to get consecutive wins and the pressure was just too much. Now you just turn up and play ten games and ye'r done. Much prefer it that way.

I was sniping in PvP this weekend for the first time. It was in control. Pretty good fun. Sniping's not that hard or maybe I was just in lobbies full of numpties. ;) One lad was trying to kill me from miles away with an auto rifle. Just stood out in plain view letting him shoot away and casually popped the head off him.

Yep I'd say Trials is going to catch on which will be good for the mode. Earlier games may become that little bit easier with the regular joe soaps playing more and then getting harder the more wins you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I really hated trials in Year 1. I think it was the fact you had to get consecutive wins and the pressure was just too much. Now you just turn up and play ten games and ye'r done. Much prefer it that way.

This makes trials a lot more palatable to me. I am not going flawless any time soon and now I can play a few games and get some decent drops from the bounties. I'd say you are getting more bang for your buck with Trials than with Iron Banner now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yep I'd say Trials is going to catch on which will be good for the mode. Earlier games may become that little bit easier with the regular joe soaps playing more and then getting harder the more wins you get.

Would rather run a hard raid for 320 weapons then do ToO.....never played it at all. Dont think its gonna change either.....lol.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would rather run a hard raid for 320 weapons then do ToO.....never played it at all. Dont think its gonna change either.....lol.

To each their own but ya might as well dip the toe in at least, it can be a bit hard on the head if you let it but the hope is that it broadens it's player base which should make it that bit more leisurely just to knock out the bounties.

You don't even have to win a match to get the rewards now, it's the only place that's dropping 320 light level exotics too.

I bought an X-Box One (good deal with COD Blops 3, Fifa 16 and Halo 5 for €349 in Argos)

If anyone would like to add me, wouldn't mind seeing if Halo 5 is any good online or what not.
    Probably sell BLOPS 3 and FIFA 16. Kind of gone off football games, and while I'd like BLOPS, i'd rather get it on PS4 so I don't have to deal with the $hit people be sending me (like how i'm a bot or hacker or homosexual) for going 0.7KDR

My Gamertag is GenericDreadHed
    NOTICE the missing 'A' in 'Hed' (not head)

Might get Vanilla Destiny (if I can pick up a cheap copy) and play some PvP or something too

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You don't even have to win a match to get the rewards now, it's the only place that's dropping 320 light level exotics too.

How do you get into the trials? It says i don't have access to it. Is there some mission i've to do before hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Believe it when I see it :pac: not seen a single exotic for our team in 6 full runs with each package and chest.

How do you get into the trials? It says i don't have access to it. Is there some mission i've to do before hand?

Go to the reef and talk to Brother Vance, you need to buy a trials passage off him and get the bounties. You also need a fire team of 3 people and to be 290 light at least to get into the playlist I think (you'll find it in crucible).

Go to the reef and talk to Brother Vance, you need to buy a trials passage off him and get the bounties. You also need a fire team of 3 people and to be 290 light at least to get into the playlist I think (you'll find it in crucible).

Ah right, i haven't been over to the reef in a good while.

I bought an X-Box One (good deal with COD Blops 3, Fifa 16 and Halo 5 for €349 in Argos)

If anyone would like to add me, wouldn't mind seeing if Halo 5 is any good online or what not.
    Probably sell BLOPS 3 and FIFA 16. Kind of gone off football games, and while I'd like BLOPS, i'd rather get it on PS4 so I don't have to deal with the $hit people be sending me (like how i'm a bot or hacker or homosexual) for going 0.7KDR

My Gamertag is GenericDreadHed
    NOTICE the missing 'A' in 'Hed' (not head)

Might get Vanilla Destiny (if I can pick up a cheap copy) and play some PvP or something too

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5030917124235#.VkDLYbfhCM8

25 notes, nah thanks.
    Do what I done and get the legendary edition on adverts for less than 40 ;)

Era not really fussed, spent enough on Destiny as it is :D

Era not really fussed, spent enough on Destiny as it is :D

My little lad has it for the xbox one but doesnt like it, Ill have a chat with him and see cos he picked it up for €12 so he would prob take a 10 spot off ya haha

What about the gift of song?

Hes very fussy about the singing he listens to tbh, it would want to be an awesome tune like.

• Advertisement

That's a destiny *hore right there, not even ashamed either, is this what lies ahead for the rest of us!
    Hes very fussy about the singing he listens to tbh, it would want to be an awesome tune like.

Remember it for the rest of his days I bet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement